AudioJungle Sales Monitor

Sad to hear that u dont want to discuss, cause I think you would be a great participant and its the sense of this thread.
Dude its really worth to think about it a minute,

A discussion is such an inspiring, productive, creative and democratic process where we all can win by sharing our experiences, views and thoughts to improve ourselves.

But many thanks that u r willed to help other people. Good luck 4 U

Not exactly. I usually try to take part in a discussions like this. But I think that itā€™s not a proper topic for a discussion. Here we usually write a lot of our short thoughts about current situation. Longer discussion will be lost in the depth of this topic after week.

And also I had promised few authors that I will write few tips about things that helped me here. So you can wait a little and take part in the discussion in new topic which I will open.

All the best,
Krzysiek from RedOctopus

4 Likes

I think the realistic fact is:

the amount of sellers increases faster than the amount of buyers. Of course only Envato knows the statistics, but that is my hunch. From this it also follows, that day by day, there is increasing amount of authors that will eventually find their total income dropping, no matter what.

I personally donā€™t like the usually right wing rhetoric where you try to answer to all the situations with the concept of ā€œif you work hard enough you will gain successā€. The odds are that for every hard working person who gains success there are myriad of people who work even harder, but for some reason or the other never achieve anything big. The illusion is that because every success usually requires also hard work in addition to circumstances and luck, some people tend to think that it was all about hard work. The reality is that usually hard work is just the mandatory thing after which a lot more different things are ALSO required, and most of them are not controlled by the person himself.

So yeah, of course the more you upload and the higher quality of music you produce will definitely give you better odds, but they are still odds, and those odds are getting worse by the day.

I personally totally understand why some older guys are throwing the towel. But that is how things go, it is constant change and we can never rely on yesterday.

6 Likes

Hello everybody! Here are my figures from 2011 ā€¦ and the sales for this year

In this case, I did not do any advertising, I upload - when there is time and moodā€¦I write music - what and when I wantā€¦
Yes, October is sad month

@OuranioRecordings Can you advise another fact that gave you advancement in sales, not counting the hard work and endless uploading of tracks?

There is none to give - my quality is not excellent, there are many who do better sounding stuff with less sales but still there are many who do worse sound stuff with more sales. I think it is a balance between order and chaos like many other complex systems in reality. There are definitely lots of things that affect the outcome but it is really hard to see through everything.

I personally like to think that it is statistics and random elements that just happen to cause some effect on the long run. My portfolio just happens to have certain things in order that has given me 3000 sales in few years. Some other portfolio has things that give 10000 and some others 500 in the same time span. I have no idea what is the combination of differences that affect the outcome so drastically.

3 Likes

I have personally avoided doing the standard corporate tracks because I could not do a good enough job to compete with the big boys such as Aurusaudio and Lumenmedia. I think it would be a great disservice to those artists by merely trying to emulate their work. They do have the reward of creating and producing tracks that have brought a huge amount of sales and huge respect to them respectively. I think branding or at least being consistent in providing the best quality audio that you can achieve is paramount for success on AJ rather than jumping on the bandwagon of others who do a much better job in the genre that I could possibly do. Stick to what you do well and remain consistent and stay true to your portfolio. Diversify is also key, enjoy making the music and always push yourself further. Collaborate sometimes with other authors as much can be gained by doing this and forge musical friendships. Without being a member of AJ I would never have met my great mate Jamie Blanks and missed out on a fantastic relationship both as musical partners and a great friend. I have just started to advertise on YouTube so it is still too early to determine if promoting there is helpful. Time, hardwork and being honest with your style and ability will always benefit you in the long term.

11 Likes

In fact, asshole come when artificial intelligence to learn to write music :grin:
And today we will remember with melancholy

Yes, thatā€™s right. And I wrote about that. But still, in my opinion hard work and a little sense of good ā€œareasā€ in market can gain you at least regular 1000-2000$ and great possibilities for the future. Is this lower and lower year after year? Yes.

But my point is that for single moment in time there are not many artists that get that regular 1000-2000$ regularily for sure no matter what they do. Just an example:

In your portfolio you have made the most sales with claps and stomps logo and claps and stomps longer tune.

If 20 other artists would try to do the same, no matter how well they produced the tracks they would definitely not all get those kinds of numbers.

Why?

Because it is wrong timing. Your tunes have already sold so much that there is not similar amount of buyers looking for that sound anymore. Definitely not for 20 artists to share at least.

So you see - it is a matter of hard work and good quality, but more importantly: luck and timing. I think the important part in your message is ā€œsense of good areasā€ but at the same point in time, there are very few artists who can really make use of those good areas, because only reason they are good is that no artists know to use them. When some artists know to use them, they suddenly become less profitable for the others.

2 Likes

Yeah, but before @RedOctopus had major success, there were already thousands percussion tracks here that sold very well. I believe quality eventually has to bring some success here. I think that typical corporate genre as we know it is going out of trend, and people that got stuck in it will have troubles in the future. YouTube has a massive collection of music available for free use now, and some of that music sounds like your favorite song from radio, something you would listen out of joy. So if we want people to pay 19$ for our music, we must step up the game and compete with thatā€¦

Take a look at any top 100 artist portfolio and see the generic sales numbers. For each tune that has 500-1000 sales, you see 5-10 tunes next to that that have only 50. The general quality is stable and high, but the numbers have drastic differences inside the same portfolio.

It is not the quality that ensures sales. It is a minimum requirement.

3 Likes

One good example is @OlexandrIgnatov - one of the best producers here. He has gained over 10000 sales easily and produces insane quality items all the time.

Currently his last 20 tunes have less than 5 sales each.

It would be fallacy to state that Olexandr should produce better quality items. It is not about quality. His quality is the best quality there is no holds barred. It is timing, luck and the fact that for each moment in time, very very few items get that spike.

5 Likes

But my point is that for single moment in time there are not many artists that get that regular 1000-2000$ regularily for sure no matter what they do. Just an example:

In your portfolio you have made the most sales with claps and stomps logo and claps and stomps longer tune.

If 20 other artists would try to do the same, no matter how well they produced the tracks they would definitely not all get those kinds of numbers.

Why?

Because it is wrong timing. Your tunes have already sold so much that there is not similar amount of buyers looking for that sound anymore. Definitely not for 20 artists to share at least.

So you see - it is a matter of hard work and good quality, but more importantly: luck and timing. I think the important part in your message is ā€œsense of good areasā€ but at the same point in time, there are very few artists who can really make use of those good areas, because only reason they are good is that no artists know to use them. When some artists know to use them, they suddenly become less profitable for the others.

Ha! But youā€™re missing something! Before Iā€™ve started focusing on percussive tracks (and before stomp trend exploded) I was regularly making inspiring orchestra tracks and regularly making for the experience many other genres (average sales number of single track was between 0-20). After free months of regular uploading a big (for me) number of tracks Iā€™ve earned only in that third month 1500$. At this stage I had only two percussive tracks which had bout 20-30 sales total. Possible? Possible.

One good example is @OlexandrIgnatov - one of the best producers here. He has gained over 10000 sales easily and produces insane quality items all the time.

Currently his last 20 tunes have less than 5 sales each.

It would be fallacy to state that Olexandr should produce better quality items. It is not about quality. His quality is the best quality there is no holds barred. It is timing, luck and the fact that for each moment in time, very very few items get that spike.

Ha Olexandrlgnatov is a machine! :slight_smile: And he choose the quantity way, same as mine described above, but he was making more tracks. In his case he is offering huge number of similar tracks which will have small number of sales and which gave him already regular place in the Top Author list. So actually thatā€™s another example that regularity, quantity and quality can give you success, even without explosion of popularity.

2 Likes

Everything is possible :slight_smile: And I definitely congratulate you for your success and perseverance - you make definitely high quality items and deserve all the sales, no question about that.

Iā€™m still arguing that even if somebody did everything in the same way as you, there is no guarantee that he will gain the same numbers.

Thank you :slight_smile: Of course, there is no guarantee in music on any field, not only on the stock market.

I just wanted to say about ways which can improve chances. And those are my observations how this market works not only based on my case.

And yes, Iā€™m not sure if current model of audio jungle is the best. Now it favors a lot of similar tracks. And even more - they are lost after few months in the depths of search engineā€¦ And yes, market is oversaturated. But I suppose they are working on that and we have to be prepared for changes. Like Elements etc.

I have problems to understand how elements could solve the situation for authors & resp. the market?
can u help me see the benefits or chances for us authors and the market pls?

i have read experiences from authors in markets where elements where already rolled out, with mainly negative statements about earnings, some were very drastic. Maybe they are not representative, but iā€™ve read these statement, what can i doā€¦
so it would be essential to understand the approach of a solution in this context hereā€¦

Someone wrote he had 1k earnings for a short time, after that, earnings were decreasing permanently. Do you see elements as a chance to increase earning to a new level for him?

If someone loses 90% earnings, lets say from 1000 to 100$ per month, elements would be great for him if he earn 120$ isnt it. Looks like a master plan to safe us all, or?

I do not know how Elements will work and I am also very worried. I just wanted to say that probably Envato is working on changes. Or maybe on revolution. And I suppose that not every composer will be able to join Elements. Maybe this will help with oversaturation? I donā€™t know.

1 Like

I feel the same dude. Can elements, as a product, lead the oversaturated market in the right/another direction?

If this would be the goal/mission of elements, ā€œsave the marketā€, it would be much easier/faster to implement new processes within the excisting audiojungle system. Instead of building a complete new product (system), which is way more cost intensive of course and which has to pay out at the end of the dayā€¦

Lets hope it has such a side-effect, but to be honest why should anyone use audiojungle for buying one or two track for the same price of one month subscription with ā€œselected itemsā€ which indicates a much greater quality?

On the other hand it will difficult to satisfy authors with very good earnings to participate on the elements programm, as long as their earnings are much higher than that, what elements could generate for them. How to solve this?

Ahh its such a complex situation based on speculationsā€¦ truth will be in the middleā€¦ some guys do know whats going, most notā€¦ maybe it will be all different :cold_sweat:

But for me you helped me alot RedOctopus! Thx dude

I will make my thoughts about the whole prgress, to find my clear position and yesā€¦ i will be prepared! Now its just some time left :slight_smile:

Itā€™s a new week, so letā€™s hope we all get a fresh batch of luck and brand new sales! My October is 21 sales so far and i hope it picks up more! :person_climbing:

1 Like