AudioJungle Sales Monitor

This is the worst month ever,what is going on,only 7 sales so far,new uploads are far far away in jungle!?

Funny fact. And again the first week of excellent sales, the second - the silence. Every month!
:sunglasses:

1 Like

Oh, i guess its a “switch off” week.

Weak week

2 Likes

Very weak week! absolute crappucino compared to last month.

2 Likes

Mmmmmm…crappucino…DOH.

1 Like

Incredibly slow)!

In my case it’s not being a particulary bad month so far. Roughly 2 or 3 sales a day. This is slightly better than August, which was disastrous for me, but way below this year’s average until July. I feel something changed there, but I don’t know.

A tsunami of new authors, lots and lots of submission a day (many of them with almost if not exactly identical track names), an enormous number of items for the buyers to choose from. Hence, the share gets smaller and the new items have significantly less time at the top of the searches and the categories.

Hope I’m wrong, but probably we’ll have to get used to this new scenario.

Keep it up.

4 Likes

The last 4 days have been a absolute disaster… and now with the marketplace not loading, that’s not helping either.
I would have to double my average sales next week to get back on track, otherwise this month will be quite a fall down compared to my previous months.

3 Likes

Sales have been dropping since the beginning of the year for me, and are still dropping each month. New items don’t get page views so I’m not uploading my new files to AJ anymore, but they are now going to a competitor website.

AJ is slowly losing some of its best authors. Too many changes, not enough solutions to big problems.

I’m changing my long term game plan. AJ was my main stream of income for a few years, but it’s not working anymore and I’m looking into other ways of expanding my music business. But AJ just isn’t for me anymore, at least not for my new items.

Good luck all!

13 Likes

It’s really bad to hear sth like this from a big seller. I’ve just started to build my portfolio with trailers and now I don’t know what to do. Building my portfolio to 50 or 100 items and waiting for sales or looking for some other paths to earn some money… Hard times… I wish I started my music production adventure a couple of years earlier…

My impression is that the orchestra/cinematic related categories on AJ have now reached serious saturation point.

3 Likes

Everything began with the clone wars…

1 Like

Damn shame Martijn! Is it not about time that Envato really needs to listen to its authors, let alone a author who is in the top 20 most of the time?
The biggest problems are so obvious and mentioned many times… it falls on deaf ears it seems… but let’s take a look:

• Too many copycats.
  • Too many fraudulent authors willing to screw the entire marketplace up for a few bucks.
  • Too many copy and paste tracks.
  • Too many new authors who think they can ride the “inspiration” and “epic” train.
  • Too many forced generic track names like “this is epic”, “a inspiration” or “for epic”… just to name a few.
  • Too many authors (should there be a limit now?).
  • Still no ID check.
  • Authors can create as many accounts as they want. (increasing review times).
  • Too many changes with the search engine and algorhitms, resulting in no steady grip on this marketplace.

Just to name a few… We now have very decent bigselling authors leaving/stop uploading new material, and new authors who just clone and fraud their way through the marketplace with multiple accounts and generic crap shitting this place so full that we are all drowning. This devalues audiojungle… it devalues creativity and quality.
Enough is enough, take some action and see what is happening. Or just take the money from those frauds and copycats and create a cesspool of snakes and rats where absolutely NO one is dedicated to fair play and a honest balanced market.

I really hope Envato understands that this is not where it should be heading. I love Envato and Audiojungle! it’s a great platform and the Envato folks seem like nice people with best intentions. And all the above mentioned points might be hard to tackle and all of this might be much more complex then it seems, but if we let things be like it is now, this place is heading in a wrong direction very fast. I would hate to see this jungle burned down to nothing but ashes.

18 Likes

Glen what are your thoughts on what Robert has to say?..Giggidy.
Glen agrees.

2 Likes

I think the market has reached the point where supply exceeds demand by several times.
We need something to change, otherwise soon everyone will work twice as many so that the tracks are not lost in this heap, but to receive a minimum wage, this is my opinion.

2 Likes
  • Too many fraudulent authors willing to screw the entire marketplace up for a few bucks.
  • Too many authors (should there be a limit now?).

To stop and reduce this issue, there should be a 3 month account target of $50
If you don´t reach it within three month, your account will be automatically disabled.
If you are not able to reach $50 within 3 month, you should not be here.

This should help to decrease inactive accounts, copycats and some newbies hoping for big money with less effort.

I thought, Envato want´s to be market leader even in quality, not only quantity.

5 Likes

The perfect solution!

Agreed with this new items thing, the views are too small and it’s not viable to create something unique and sounds great for this marketplace anymore :frowning:

2 Likes