AudioJungle Sales Monitor

When better upload for christmas ?

Im going to focus only on cinematic and trailer music soon so maybe I should upload sth like Epic Cinematic Christmas or Santa Blockbuster or maybe Dark Death Happy New Year Intro Trailerā€¦Maybe these tracks will bring me sales :smiley: :smiley:

2 Likes

Okay - I have spent the last 2 weeks solid creating 250 YouTube videos to promote my tracks. Some views already but I realise it is the holiday season so hopeful my channel will gain momentum. I shall keep you posted as to the affects that YouTube has on my sales. Big shout out to Dirk for forcing me to do this.

7 Likes

Another Diabolical non sales day.

I canā€™t see Youtube being any use to sales just as social media isnā€™t.

1 Like

Well, and so this weird July endsā€¦ I have to say, it was not my worst month in 2017 (better than January, March and April) but it was definitely the most irregular and awkward, with several days sometimes in a row without selling a single item, and almost no extended licenses either.

I really hope itā€™s something related with the holiday seasonā€¦ but the pessimistic part of me tells me that itā€™s also due to a flood of new authors, some of them providing very high quality material, and creating a much bigger and interesting offer for virtually the same amount of buyers.

On the bright side, it seems like a good opportunity to produce more music and raise my own bar in terms of quality.

Anyhow, best of luck for everyone, guys! Crossing my fingers for a better August!
WM.

1 Like

Still two days of July left, could make all the difference! :joy:

2 Likes

Hahaha, good one! But what wasnā€™t funny at all was a film & broadcasting license I sold last week and had a reversalā€¦ :skull_and_crossbones:

It seems that it happens from time to timeā€¦ just the worst timing ever in this case, hehe.

1 Like

Wow! It is sad. Why does the buyer do this?
I also had a refund this month. It is unpleasant.
:angry:

So sad dude (
But be Strong !!!

Yeah, it felt like s#@t! But a reversal is not exactly the same as a refund. Apparently a reversal is, for instance, consequence of a fraudulent use of a credit card or paypal account. The client reports this unauthorized activity and eventually, the transaction is cancelled and he gets his money back.

Of course, we have no real guarantee that the buyer didnā€™t actually download the full unwatermarked item, claimed it was unauthorized and got his money back but thereā€™s not much we can do. Envato has nothing to do about this, it depends entirely on the service provider (Paypal, Credit Card, Bank, etc.).

So all in allā€¦ moving on!

Cheers guys!

3 Likes

Looks set to be my lowest month since June 2013. Nothing to do with the bar being raised, just floods and floods of more stuff coming in of varying quality all the time.

There is nothing optimistic about stock sites anymore, just a downward slope and a race to the bottom. Time to look at other possible incomes.

2 Likes

Quite a big drop here as well. July ends at 50% of the normal level. Past two years July was normal month in relation to other months. I think the game is just becoming more and more competitive, no way around it. The five tunes limitation doesnā€™t really help as there are just so many authors. Good luck everybody!

2 Likes

Itā€™s not competitive, just letting too much come in and watering everything down.

1 Like

Fun fact
Your last sale was $19 7 days ago.

Creepyā€¦

Same here. I got 2 sales in monday and nothing since then! I wonder what August may bringā€¦

Last 2 years July was good, but this time sales dropped quite deep. Hope August will bring sales back, good luck everyone :smile:

5 Likes

Yes, very difficult month. :frowning:

Very strange month a little below my average. Notice the black hole in mid month.
Iā€™m leaving for holidays and I will be out all august. Iā€™ve got some tracks in the queue, I hope it wonā€™t be a disaster!
Have nice holidays to everyone and good luck with sales!

It suddenly goes pretty decent on a weekend, and now it just slows down again.
Come on, purchasers, i know youā€™re not so far. :slightly_smiling_face:

Wish You Were Hereā€¦