AudioJungle Sales Monitor

I see jealousy written in bold in so many of your posts.

Could it be that the majority of people succeeding here do so because they are dedicated to their craft?

Many authors getting top licenses never had featured items or made the popular lists.

And since Envato (not a perfect company, but which is?) have no chips implanted in the brains of buyers to make them select a top license over a standard one, what do you talk about?

3 Likes

The likes of yourself who are doing well here are going to take that view. I think you are wrongly interpreting my exasperation as jealousy. I have never had a featured item either for your interest. I have worked hard for the last 10+ years dedicated to my work only to have it pushed back in the searches under piles and piles of imaginative titles such as ā€œpositive, uplifting, inspirational etc etcā€ I am all for anyone doing well but on a level playing field. Perhaps if things go wrong for you, and I hope they donā€™t, it might not look so rosy.

I was not implying that you are not dedicated to your art; and like I said before, I think you have high quality items in your portfolio.

I was pointing that you seem, posts after posts, to advance the idea that the success of other authors mainly comes from some sort of favoritism, tricked sales system, etc.

P.s: Glad that you think Iā€™m doing well and, by comparisons to a few others, I guess I do ok for now (Iā€™m not even at paw number 3, though, so I canā€™t be that great :wink: ), but the only working tricks I found are: market research, market research and market research.

P.p.s: Iā€™m with you about the silliness of the tracks titles around here though; it makes the whole place looks like a joke!

4 Likes

The track names are totally unprofessional and yet mostly I join in with this. It makes it very difficult in terms of registering them with my PRO it looks ridiculous :weary:

2 Likes

you can add original name and a secondary name ! thats not a problem !

At least, Ā«Henryā€™s WivesĀ», your harpsichord track, is not named Ā«Henryā€™s Upbeat WivesĀ» or Ā«Henryā€™s Epic WivesĀ». All is not lost! :wink:

3 Likes

Aurus, you seem to be doing incredible! Congrats! You have an average of 1 new track per weekā€¦ Do you do or did you do a lot of extra promotion?

Thanks Avocado! Though I havenā€™t been uploading a lot this year I have to admit! The bulk of my portfolio comes from uploads from mid 2015 to mid 2016; I havenā€™t uploaded anything in about a month, and before that, several months.

I have attempted marketing through YouTube and SoundCloud but havenā€™t had any palpable results, so my focus now is solely developing my portfolio on AJ. External marketing can definitely be useful, but I think it requires a lot of time and effort before you can produce results. Iā€™d rather spend that time perfecting my skills and preparing new tracks.

5 Likes

Who told you my secret? :sunglasses:

The people really dig corporate music - itā€™s the latest trend! Forget EDM; uplifting is where itā€™s at! Really makes you want to get down and dance doesnā€™t it?

A heck of a lot more music in 2017 :sunglasses:

3 Likes

My sales are frozen like the weather in Albertaā€¦ -35 C with the wind today itā€™s a chilly one.

3 Likes

Thanks! I thought soā€¦ :smiley: Iā€™d love to ask many more questions, but I dare not ask when Darth Vader is involvedā€¦

Ok, just oneā€¦ Why did you decide not to go PRO? It could potentially bring you more money than the sales here. Tv pays very wellā€¦ Any thoughts on that?

To stay on subject, about sales: my sales are quite constant last 3 months, including December so farā€¦

Iā€™m in the process of applying to my local pro (APRA) now. I submitted an application last week and am waiting for it to be processed. As soon as I receive the email that Iā€™ve got in, I will begin to register all my tracks. Iā€™m a little scared about the effects it may have (on my high sellers in particular), but the payoff in the long run will definitely be worthwhile.

If you have any questions Iā€™m happy to answer them. Just email me :slight_smile:

2 Likes

-40 in my hometown. And sales are frozen to the core :pensive:

im not good at those at all lol. i only market on Youtube, Soundcloud and Reddit. i have lots of repeat buyers. Only one new track upload this month and im selling old tracks from 2-3 years aog plus some new ones.

1 Like

After a flurry of sales last week, the winter freeze has settled in once again. And I thought Christmas was a time of good cheer?!

On AJ itā€™s more like: image

1 Like

I have tried Twitter for about a month to no avail. How do you market on Youtube ?

i just make a video for every song i have on AudoJungle with a referral link back to the site. read up a bit on seo for youtube, learn how to make a simple video and you got it.

1 Like

Well, I dont sell super many (yet :)), but since the change to PRO my sales have only gone upā€¦

3 Likes

-35 C yesterday and 0 C today. T shirt weather! Haha I love Canadian winters.

2 Likes