AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

The number of music authors has become too large. With a subscription model, only a small number of top authors are needed to fill the library with quality content and share the pie and keep everyone happy

3 Likes

Because artists are not unionized. We are all tiny little individuals, who are really proud about our ā€žindependenceā€œ, but if everyone is working only for the own interests, then we have no force and become the most easy target for the industry.

Also right mentioned: We are too many artists and our customer community is shrinking actually. If an artist leave this business, there are 15 new waiting artists, who want to take his place, willing to work for less income.

10 Likes

Also, ā€œworking independentlyā€, ā€œbeing a musicianā€ etc. have become ideas with a romanticised element which attracts a lot of people trying to chip in. The reality is that it is extremely hard work.

You see that in a lot more job categories. We have more ā€œpersonal coachesā€, ā€œlifestyle advisorsā€ etc than ever before. Iā€™m not saying this is a bad thing but itā€™s a fact that more and more people are trying to make it into those realms.

Some time ago I watched an interview with a musician and he said something that nailed it. He explained that when he was growing up, developing his talents he would work for months, years in his bedroom, trying to master certain skills and no one would even know about it. These days people can play a couple of tunes and start their own online channel, uploading and expect immediate success. Itā€™s just not realistic.

So yes a lot of new authors coming in but the reality is not as shiny. Itā€™s even more hard work than before to get some sales and develop a career.

8 Likes

Very true @CWMusic

Thatā€™s why I was thinking about getting into a band some years ago. I play e-guitar since 22 years (sheet Iā€™m oldā€¦) and even had a major opportunity getting involved in a project with musicians who played with a couple of top tier bands. Sadly I decided not to use that opportunity. Shortly after that came coronaā€¦

On the other hand, trough corona and all those lockdownery I can play better than ever before. There is no alternative to optimism. At least thatā€™s what my life coach told me.

3 Likes

Senselessly. I was collected comments, the track was trending. And these tracks didnā€™t sell out even once. Donā€™t waste your time. Write more good music.

5 Likes

Taking this opportunity, I want to ask the authors not to leave comments on my tracks. Thank you)

4 Likes

Only 1 sale in January :face_with_diagonal_mouth: I really donā€™t know what is happeningā€¦ In worst months, even when I didnā€™t upload anything, the situation was betterā€¦

5 Likes

Super quiet over hereā€¦!! :cold_face: :skull:

2 Likes

I have the same thing

2 Likes

kkkkk
Real fun!
Good job AJ management! :clap: :clap: :clap: :clap:
Thanks for the low sales!

5 Likes

looks like we bottomed out on the AJā€¦today Jan 24th - 4 sales this monthā€¦

2 Likes

I have the same thing :thinking:

3 Likes

SFX sale reversal after two months
ā€¦ Really?

2 Likes

I think my record was sales reversals 9 months after the sale of some tracks. I strongly suspect they had used them in that time, but who knowsā€¦

1 Like

Phew, a 10 million license has saved me from a really dreadful month .

15 Likes

Worst sales monthā€‹:pensive::woozy_face:

2 Likes

Youā€™re a lucky guy!

2 Likes

January has always been a low month for sales for me, this year roughly the same as the last. Bad, but not worse.

3 Likes

Guys, I wish each of you to achieve what you wanted, what you believed in. Because life is one, and time is running out. But this does not mean that you need to stop living and enjoy life. :kissing_heart:

6 Likes

I enjoy life, especially when there are few sales. :rofl:

3 Likes