AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

Do you really believe that you can upload 5 works in a year and sit quietly until the money flows like a river? Pretty naive approach

2 Likes

Naive indeed, but no more so than thinking quantity will do anything positive for your earnings. Money doesn’t flow like a river at all on this marketplace. And oversupply has definitely played an important part in our demise.

2 Likes

God this is depressing. You can’t make a do on here by sitting on your arse (guilty!), and it seems you also can’t make a do by uploading 5 tracks a month either. Haven’t heard from anyone here who’s managed to hit the 30-a-month target yet, but I’d imagine that they’re probably not laughing all the way to the bank either. Somebody hit the delete button on the Audio Jungle section of the Envato servers already so we can all start afresh! This time though with someone who knows what they’re doing, or at least cares about music at the helm.

3 Likes

I hit the 30 uploads one month (plus 10 or so logos), made about $475 for that month. So yeah not exactly covering the rent there lol. Haven’t tried to do 30 in a month since then, IMO just not a sustainable pace unless you resort to templating and copy/paste or unless you have several other people working with you

3 Likes

Your pricing seems insanely low to me. Customers will pay more.

3 Likes

Not really sure what to say about that. I was making a somewhat cynical joke about AJ’s crazy upload policy, but you actually did that? I can’t imagine having thirty good unique musical ideas in a month, let alone turning them all into polished tracks. Did you even sleep?

Yeah, neither can I

…but I can have 30 mediocre and non unique ideas that take about an hour to turn into cheap corporate tracks and that’s what I did haha. Mostly just a challenge to see if I could. But ultimately the time investment wasn’t really worth it.

Maybe I could have sold these tracks at a higher price… but I mean my portfolio doesn’t really have very interesting or creative tracks, it’s mostly just low effort corporate pop. Trying to make 30 high quality original compositions in a month would be much more difficult

Fair enough. I suppose the fact that $475 a month does make the rent in some countries is part of what is driving this market out of touch for the likes of you and I. I suppose this crazy train will crash at some point though.

2 Likes

So, you’re spewing mediocre items in bulk, setting a price that’s ridiculously low even by third-world standards even though you’re from the US, and realize it’s not worth it… jeez!

Ok, but then what is the point of your partaking in the destruction of our trade? I mean, you do see the harmful nature of such a behavior, do you not? What’s the point of antagonizing your fellow authors, if it’s not worth it for you? Is it a nihilistic approach? Is it a personal vendetta? What’s going on here? I just don’t get it.

8 Likes
2 Likes

I dunno, I made $475 that month meanwhile all I see on the forums from people are “I haven’t made a sale in 21 days”… “I didn’t make the payment threshold” etc etc. So many people out here complaining, all I did was actually create some items and make some money, imagine that.

Seems everyone wants to jump on the high horse about higher prices but is anyone actually making MONEY with that approach? Looking your profile PurpleFog nothing you’ve uploaded in the last 6 months has gotten even a single sale so why should I follow your advice?

1 Like

I’m not giving any advice, as you’ve seen my situation is indeed terrible and certainly not something to be inspired by. I’m merely asking questions because I’m trying to understand where this type of suicidal behavior is coming from.

But I get it, making $475 for the amount of work it takes to churn up 30 tracks is better than making $0 for the same amount of work it takes me to put 2 tracks up. No denying that. It just doesn’t seem to be sustainable and can only lead to reduced earnings. Are you not impacted as well by the devaluation of stock music?

I’m not trying to antagonize you, I realize I can sound preachy/aggressive/high horsey, so feel free to ignore me if that’s how you take it, and apologies if that’s the case.

3 Likes

In answer to you question …is anyone actually making MONEY with that approach? - yes I am.

5 Likes

Really? How much are you making each month? On your profile I have to go back to May to find an item priced over $10 that has even one sale. This is what I’m talking about… everyone says to raise prices and you will make more money but then you look at their profile and nothing they’ve uploaded in the last 6 months has any sales.

I don’t know about you guys but I want to actually make sales on my items not sit there day after day with no sales, waiting for a rogue B&F license to save my month. And by the way just so you guys know I sell all the higher tier licenses at well above than the recommended price so when those do happen I make a decent amount.

edit - removed this last section for compliance with forum rules

1 Like

Hey guys!

Just stopping by to remind you that discussing prices like this is against the rules. Please keep the discussion far from suggesting prices and making any type of arrangements or I’ll have to close this thread. And no one wants that (I don’t) :blush: There are tons of constructive discussions here so lets keep them at that.

In Australia, as in many countries, there are strict laws governing pricing conduct. In particular, it’s strictly prohibited to have an agreement, arrangement or understanding between competing businesses (such as two authors) about what price point to sell at. Think of this as needing to avoid any discussion on the specifics of how you’re pricing your item. How to price your work is a commercial decision you will need to make for yourself.

If you’re an author, please don’t discuss with other authors what prices you’ll be setting on your items (either on our forums or anywhere else for that matter).

Thank you all for understanding this :blush:

2 Likes

Wow - that is spooky timing. Just did a B&F license so this month is already superb. Yes my last few months has seen no sales on new items, but rest assured the main portfolio is selling continuously so I am happy with that. My average month prior to this year was around $1100 - $1250 per month. This year has been hard but selling a complete portfolio cheaply is crazy so I have a few cheap items but they do not sell.

4 Likes

Is that a consistent result for you? How much per month are you making?

I’m not denying that occasional sales at this rate are possible, I’m just skeptical that it’s a viable long term strategy

We’re not allowed to discuss prices but the way I see it is this; I value my work and I’m willing to wait for a sale. If an item doesn’t sell I don’t feel bad. Sometimes it takes years before music gets used or in fashion.

Yeah I forgot we can’t discuss prices.

Kind of easy to forget when pretty much every other post around here is complaining about prices… heck we even have an entire thread Should Envato Elements Authors devalue their tracks? specifically about prices and nothing was ever done about that… but I digress.

1 Like

Complaining that prices are too low considering the amount of work authors put in their tracks and asking blatantly if one should set the price to $x are two different things.

I understand the frustration you guys have, but please keep discussing about this with the rules in mind. Thank you for editing your response. I really appreciate it.

1 Like