AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

i will read them all.Thanks!

2017 was the “fattest” year … this year in terms of money at the level of 2013 :frowning:

7 Likes

Sales are going backwards… :confused:

5 Likes

So, while our sales here go down, somewhere else they go up! The U.S. Music Industry Grew 27% During 2021's First Half: Report

Especially this part: "Finally, the RIAA reported a 6.4 percent uptick for sync licensing, which delivered an even $137 million during 2021’s initial half. " Maybe they are talking about some other type of sync licensing, like production libraries and trailer houses, i don’t know :thinking: Or maybe this info is not relevant outside US.

3 Likes

Agree. Now we need to create more unique and niche music for extended licenses. But I don’t see any steps from Envato that would attract the target audience to such a product. In my opinion, if you want more expensive licenses and more extended licenses to be sold (and more commissions earned), you need to make it easier for target customers to find.

Problems in my opinion:

• All marketing on the main page is designed for cheap purchases, there are no selections or playlists highlighting high-quality and unique “premium” tracks (with a corresponding price).
  • The search engine still does not allow you to select the required license and see (and sort by) it’s prices in the search results.
  • Authors are still forced to name tracks with the same “tag” names in order to be found, spawning thousands of identical items among which it is more and more difficult to find what you need.
  • Bonus: “Christmas” track listed all year round in “New bestsellers” list how’s that?

Is increasing the number of cheap sales so much more profitable that Envato no longer needs to increase the share of more expensive licenses sold?

8 Likes

True, and i believe this thing is not gonna change soon. For obvious reasons, most of AJ repertoire is based on low priced products, and promoting higher priced items it might be counterproductive from their marketing point of view.

I disagree with that statement.Nobody is forced . Is a deliberate choice of authors who think that naming their products with self descriptive names it will make them more visible by the SEO. I beg to differ. From personal experience. But, that is just my personal experience.

Yes. And somehow, that is the only, right way to revive that market. Of course, this is a David vs Goliath fight, due to the facts that we already agreed to. Front page promotion of low pricing items, market flooded with same corporate inspired epic tunes.! Despite all of things we stumbled upon,staying on the niche side and trying to deliver quality items. I post below the graphic of my sales across last 2 years. I am a member of AJ since 2019 only. 20210920_191012|635x500

3 Likes

Another boring week about sales just begun, boring except for the volcano.

17 Likes

things are getting hot ! :hot_face:

3 Likes

You have a “hot season”, it’s high time. to record and sell the sounds of the volcano … exclusive material :slight_smile:
But seriously, it must be a very impressive sight!

6 Likes

That`s because Envato or Audiojungle is not the music business. Not even remotely.

2 Likes

Broadblast & lava license confirmed

2 Likes

I can see @Manriquedelara sitting in front of the DAW mixing and raging:
“God! Why can’t I get the snare right???”

Then he opens up the window and realizes “Oh s__t, f__k the SNARE!!!”

Hope you are alright pal! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

High priced sale this morning… luckilly there are still some customers who are ready to pay the price.
Just one sale but already better than 55 sales at 5 :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Sound of silence…zzzzzzzzz :zzz: :speech_balloon:

4 Likes

100500%

1 Like

In three months of summer, I earned$50. And this month there is one sale. Old track. Hell…

3 Likes

In September, I uploaded four items. None of them sold out…

2 Likes

New tracks do not sell well, as is usually the case when you upload a new track and they buy the old one.

7 Likes

Good music, but honestly speaking, there is place for improving your mixes - some of instruments sounds flat, need more careful work with space in sound scene. Few years ago all this track would be sold good, but now competition is hard. You need to have top quality product OR cheap price OR niche content. I believe in quality. P.S. I am talking about your “Upbeat Corporate” track - which already sold 1 time. P.P.S. This is only one example of how you can see the hope to improve your quality AND sales. P.P.P.S. I also affected by low sales of my new item, something working, something not. Usually it ended with removing track with good potential and placing it elsewhere.

4 Likes

I completely agree with @LumenMedia

1 Like