AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

@LumenMedia I am not in the same situation as @bosone but I can understand his feelings.
If he has produced a bunch of songs and the sales are going down in the same direction month by month, how big is the chance to sell new songs then? If one has the feeling, that his work is more and more in vain, I understand the lack of motivation to produce new stuff.
This market is simply oversaturated. Producing new stuff will not turn the things here.

4 Likes

This market wants new and fresh tracks at a give away-price which unfortunately I do not want to do. Even if we promote our own tracks, sales will suffer as Envato steers traffic towards their primary concern which is not this marketplace. It is no wonder that motivation to create and upload to here is fast disappearing for some authors including myself and even promotions by Envato does not even register an inkling of interest from me. Oh I have just uploaded a pack as a means to provide some activity of my account and I will now await a rejection as this marketplace eats itselfā€¦ho-hum.
Thank heavens for the Olympic Games on tv.

4 Likes

Believe me, i am in the same boat. Last 10 tracks with very solid quality were deleted and placed on other platform. Some of them already got sales. So i am also super demotivated and struggle with depression, seeing how our beloved market turned into garbage.

5 Likes

But constant uploading bring more visibility and sales throughout your portfolio.

1 Like

I think the AJ era is slowly coming to an end. The site will still exist, as it brings passive income to Envato, but for 90% of authors this is a road to nowhere, since no significant changes and improvements in the quality of the site are expected. Everyone will not be hired for elements either, as this will reduce the average income of the authors. Therefore, for those who are not included in the 10% of the lucky ones who make money on AJ, or Elements, it is worth considering alternative options.

9 Likes

Same feeling. Old good days gone, mostly because lack of Envato vision and resources. Puting all stake on Elements is huge mistake. Market can have their niche, but lack of changes and improvements and lack of vision killing it. Hire me, Envato :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I was very fortunate to sell an extended license last week. I do think that these type of sales are decreasing and I am very sad for Elements contributors that are probably having their hard work inappropriately used for broadcast purposes. I do think that we are all at the mercy of this but Elements really opens up a can of worms that will result in decreased earnings, IMHO.
I do wish that Audiojungle had the license structure more obvious on item pages but I guess this will not change as AJ authors are rarely listened to in the past few years.

7 Likes

Hi :slight_smile: ,

I had sold a music Broadcast (1million) the previous month but in my personal case this really rare to have one on AJ. I can only talk for some other markets which are still able to bring some of it in a more steady way but there is no doubt that the subscription model tend to kill that kind of salesā€¦

2 Likes

I usually have 2-4 broadcast license sale each month, and while the sales have gone down the last couple of years, the share of broadcast licenses have gone up. Those are the sales that saves the month. I try to price them from 5x to 30x the price of the standard license.

8 Likes

I love your music and your arrangements.

HUGE fan of @Hyperprod too. Really glad to hear youā€™re still making some big license sales, man. Maybe itā€™s time to change my musical approach to something more ā€œbroadcasteableā€. Luckily, I got some outside work right now so the last thing that would pass through my mind is composing anything for AJ given the way things are. Maybe when I wrap up some stuff Iā€™ll give it a try.

I have to say itā€™s tough to see some super talented authors I really admire with the last 15 tracks (awesome works BTW) with 0 sales.

But, hey, it is what it is.

2 Likes

Thanks @ED-MusicProductions @WormwoodMusic!

I have somewhere between 20 and 30 unfinished tracks that I was supposed upload to AJ, but with no views or sales on new tracks the motivation is below zero.

5 Likes

I have uploaded a pack yesterday and I got a Mass Reproduction License earlier this morning but like you I have not got any motivation to upload any new tracks to AJ at the moment.

5 Likes

Nice work!
I find preparing and uploading packs even more work than producing a track, with all the links, preview, watermarking and so onā€¦:sweat_smile:

2 Likes

Iā€™m agree with all of you. Uploading music right now is a bit demotivatingā€¦ So we have to take a step back a bit, and come back on it in few weeks, or at least do the ā€œminimumā€. Even if itā€™s hard because we all depending on these markets ā€¦

(Uploading pack on AJ or edits on other market is a good way to do the ā€œminimumā€)

2 Likes

I do agree with you, but thereā€™s one point I donā€™t understand.
Some of you are fulltime composers. You have your own business. That includes also the responsibility to ask yourself at the business-founding-time ā€œWhat, ifā€¦ā€. This question is valid to every business owner.
The market doesnā€™t have this responsibility for you. Also not a platform like Envato. Of course, itā€™s not predictible every cause or detail, what can happen in the future. But one of the questions could be:ā€œWhat, if the customers donā€™t want my product any longer?ā€ That can include multiple reasons for, like an oversaturated market, subscription plans like Elements, a global pandemic, a financial crisis with huge impact to all businesses. There must exist a ā€œPlan Bā€ in my opinion for every business owner. Of course, it is annoying for a fulltime composer, if a platform like Envato introduces a subscription plan like Elements, but itā€™s good for Envato. And Envato has no responsibility for your business.
Thatā€™s the reason, why Iā€™ll never found my own business. The psychological pressure caused by the market dependency would totally supress my creativity. If I imagine to wake up in the morning, compose a new song over days and feel then the fear after uploading the song ā€œWill it sell? Will it sell? I need that money, because itā€™s my only businessā€¦ā€ - never ever I could live under that pressure.

7 Likes

100% right here ! Iā€™m full time composer because it take 80% of time each week. Iā€™m lucky enough because I work 1 or 2 days by week in my fatherā€™s company (bike repair) who really need some support since the lockdown. I also give some lesson through zoom or whatever about mixing / composing fo beginner. This is the idea of being free to work in your own field, passion. You have to be flexible enough to be some kind of ā€œentrepreneurā€. It means by that you have to find all the solution to be able to keep to make a living with music.

Itā€™s include some compromise from time to time, but being full time composer or musician mean also having some solution on one side. Thereā€™s no security at all, but Iā€™m seeing thing in short / middle term about earning, and my financial stability (when it comes to music production) in a really long term ! Iā€™m optimistic because earning keep to grow. Again Iā€™m really lucky, everything seems to go perfectly, but I know it wonā€™t last, and when some side income will end, I know I will be able to find something else which will help me to keep to produce and compose music because thereā€™s no choice and no other option !

I made lot of job during years to buy my own stuff, all choices I made was to fulfill this need and this envy to being a professional composer / musician etc. Thatā€™s how it works to me, and time is the best and precious ally !

Itā€™s also include the question about what kind of living you want to reach. My situation is good and enough for me, but Iā€™m not rich at all. But I have no issue to be happy, pay my bills, having some vacation and great time with my friends / GF / Familyā€¦

8 Likes

Looks like market is dead this week.

6 Likes

This week special. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

What is dead may never die!

3 Likes