AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

My last sale is 27 days ago. The worst record since I’m here on audio jungle… :neutral_face:

2 Likes

My first 10 days of May have gone by without any sales. But I guess only 12 days since my last sale isn’t so terrible. I hear AJ is making some big changes starting May 24. Any thoughts on that ?

1 Like

The changes needed for AudioJungle have to be implemented sooner rather than later to rejuvenate this marketplace. The first step to restrict New authors is good however a thorough examination has to take place using comments and ideas made by authors within the forum. Is it too late, well something has to be done.
First step of what I hope will be many.

4 Likes

Absolutely right, mate, but we have given all the better solutions and suggestions for 2 years now!
Only thing needed is a summarized forum topic with all the best suggestions and more community input behind those fresh ideas, with moderators and Envato staff heavily involved in that type of discussion!
Even if just 2-3 more of our best ideas get implemented it will be for the better of the market…
But if they continue to snatch our customers with those prowling nag banners, I don’t know how Audiojungle will be salvaged…
2 weeks with just two sales is and atrocity, mates!

4 Likes

Sold 2,000 licenses on this platform (and I’m very grateful about the opportunity). However, sales have been pretty much dead for weeks. I honestly don’t believe that closing the doors for new authors is the solution - quality management would be a better idea. To give you an example: Last time my track got accepted I listened to it again just to find out that there was an export issue (it was a very noticeable issue; I used a sub fall during one break of my track and it was extremely distorted and sounded bad) and still, my track got accepted. Of course, I changed it later. But if I didn’t double-check the music to see if I could further push my mix/master, I wouldn’t have noticed that problem
I’d suggest giving more people to make a living with stock music a chance but increase the quality standards. And bring back the old standard licenses, please. This $5 price dumping is ridiculous.

Ah yeah, before I forget: I’ve been an exclusive author since 2012, but all these changes lately made me check out other marketplaces and go non-exclusive.

7 Likes

A nice start to the week for me. 3 sales in a day after a 2-week drought.
:four_leaf_clover:
Hopefully, my spring starts here!
:crossed_fingers:t3:

10 Likes

I think the two topics go hand-in-hand. It’s not so much the closing of the doors that is the useful part, but rather the introduction of tighter restrictions on the quality of new authors coming through when the door is re-opened. New authors with fresh, new ideas should always be welcomed. But when anyone can submit anything for review, I think it brings the overall quality standards down.

I’m not a reviewer, but I can imagine that if I’ve spent an entire day listening to absolute garbage, I’d be more inclined to let the first mediocre track that I hear pass, whereas if the overall quality of submissions is high, based on the fact that the author pool is pre-approved, I think it would influence me to be stricter in my decision making.

7 Likes

I think closing the gates to new authors for six months is a huge step. I see it as a very positive thing. To be a new author here you have to be committed and go for the long run and I think there have been too many people “giving it a try”, uploading one or two tracks here and there, (maybe even putting the price at $5?) therefor draining resources on the system. I mean even here on the forum we’ve seen countless “asking for feedback” topics everywhere. Let alone how many e-mails probably are sent to Envato Support asking why tracks got rejected etc. etc.

Also these coming six months, a lot of new authors that signed up until now will either go on and become committed or leave so it’s kind of a good period to filter and gives an indication of what to do next.

5 Likes

I think one of the reasons there are so many feedback requests for rejected tracks is because AJ encourages authors to seek it out. I had a track rejected earlier this week. Here’s part of the email: “Visit our forums and ask fellow authors for feedback. Our helpful community will be glad to lend a hand.”

3 Likes

Sure thing, there is nothing wrong with that. But that recommendation as well as many others were not intended for the apparent increase in volume of new authors.
Also, the quality in tracks from authors asking for feedback varies greatly.

1 Like

Finally made it to 5555 sales. Now I can leave this planet in peace. Live long and prosper, Junglers.

spockout

17 Likes

Damn it! 5556, now I’ll have to push till 6666. Guess my 1y old baby boy will be starting the University by then… :baby: :man_student:

14 Likes

Slowest month in 5 years. Unbelievable. :neutral_face:

I really need to sell a few extended licenses! :grinning_face_with_smiling_eyes:

3 Likes

Same story over here, mate… Unbelievably quiet!

1 Like

One week no sales.

1 Like

Very bad month for me, only 1 sale in this week!!!

1 Like

Still no sales since the end or should I say the middle of april. Still can’t withdraw 49.80. My last two tracks are not so bad and I was hoping someone would love to get them, but it’s still to quiet in here. Good luck to you all guys. Let’s keep working, set the price from 29 to 49 and everything will be fine. I hope Harold smile.

5 Likes

I’ve already made a whopping 10 bucks and it’s still half a month left!

4 Likes

This week is worst of many years. Have no idea what’s going. Five dolla :slight_smile: guys made their job.

11 Likes

I’d like Envato to attract customers looking for extended licenses. As I can see now, there is not even a license filter in the search, and buyers can only sort by the standard price, although that doesn’t make any sense if they came for the extended license. They have to scroll through tons of tracks almost blindly. I think that such a user experience makes returning to the site less likely

5 Likes