AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

49,49 dollars.

4 Likes

Same…49.80…it’s too sad.

3 Likes

I’m selling in one other similar place like this and what I’ve noticed is that there my sales have actually increased so far this year, both comparing to last year and my sales here.
Also the higher priced items sell better…

4 Likes

Dont say there are better places to sell, probably you will receive a lot of PM asking for those webs, the problem is when you answer and dont even get just a “thanks” as an response…
Hard work is just to say “thank you”… :rofl: :rofl:

6 Likes

Haha true! “inbox ignored”

Plus…next month it could be the other way around, strange times…

1 Like

The sell wave has passed. It’s been a week of calm. I don’t want it to be delayed for a month again…

3 Likes

Hm…May has not started yet. Go Go Go !

3 Likes

Same over here… crazy times… :upside_down_face:

1 Like

In my reply to @Waderman “same over here”… my FIRST May sale came along…! maybe there is hope…? :innocent:

1 Like

Another 8 days dry spell of sales, mates…
Just crazy and dull! Other sites have been stale for two weeks too!
:no_mouth: :robot: :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

14 days of nothing.

3 Likes

Can anyone give a reasonable answer as to where this undulation comes from? As an algorithm… Three days of sale. Not for a week. I have three days. Fifteen no.

1 Like

Super slow start of usually good month. Holidays?

1 Like

Hello everyone!

I know this topic has been treated in detail. I’m talking about the sales and the case of the trending songs for only 5 dollars here on Audio Jungle.
As an author active since 2017 I have not made great sales because I have never fully focused my energies on royalty free music production (I produce music as an artist and I dedicate myself to other activities around the music). But what I have been able to notice is that, while before my earnings were decent, now my sales are close to zero and I am unable to have a fixed income of at least 50$ per month.
My songs have a cost that starts from 24$ to 29$ (logos around 12$-7$). I started to make them cheaper from the last weeks. Things have changed in the last months for me. I discovered with great sadness how amazing tracks (very well mixed and mastered) are available for only few dollars which then, I mean, come in trend. I have also seen how some elite authors have adopted this sales strategy on some of their items.
This made me think a lot because this decline of sales certainly has to do with this trend and, of course, customers go looking for the cheapest items especially if they begin to understand that they are finding quality content for that price range.

The question I ask you is this: what strategy did you adopt to solve this trend a bit? Do you have seen a drop in sales? Do I should start making 5$ tracks too? But is it worth it? I state that every week I put 5 songs on sale in rotation. Surely they are not popular genres but how come before I was able to get some money out of them and now I can’t do anything anymore?

Audio Jungle is a platform I’ve always liked. Seeing fairly constant earnings motivated me a lot to continue on this path but when you make music and you don’t see anything it’s demotivated and it’s hard to continue.

Do you have this problem too?

3 Likes

Hi @stardust1 it’s not about the price that’s for sure, I also experimented with the price making tracks for $ 5, and nothing changed so I left this idea with the price and decided to value my work as I see fit for myself, as I have said many times here if the client found what he was looking for, he doesn’t care about the price. I would not recommend you to reduce the prices of your products, if there are no sales, then you do not have what the client needs and not because it is expensive. Good sales to you and profitable customers.

12 Likes

Thank you for your reply!
Yeah, sure customers are not looking for the price but in what they need. But seeing itemsin trend at 5 dollars even by elite authors it is a bit tempting to try. But you are right. I lowered the prices of some tracks, not all of them, also because it would mean devaluing all the work done and this is not respectful towards me.

Good sales to you too!

3 Likes

Hi @StudioProject. I’m in exactly the same situation as you!? In any point of view (work, way to invest in my music, on audiojungle, etc…). I compose a little less for now (between 3 and 5 per month, because the good season is there, I have a lot of work in the garden and I like to spend time with my grandchildren!). I think this will all recover one day, especially when this global pandemic is even further behind us…! I will continue to compose for what I like to do as a style of music (a real hobby for me), but never for 5 dollars or to catch points, places, or badges! I am currently ( but it decreases…) between 50 and 121 dollars a month??? I wish you (you) the best for the future… And see you soon on the forum…
:wink:

2 Likes

Hi @stardust1,
as I wrote in a previous post, I have increased all the prices of my items to $29 with a few exceptions.
My sales have increased, and also the income. Increasing the prices results in the opposite direction as I have expected.
This problem was really discussed in every detail here. One result of this discussions personally for me was: I also want to show the customer, that creating stock music is not a cheap business. I spend a lot of work, I spend all my creativity and patience in every single track. This IS time consuming. If I decrease my prices to $5, I would give a signal to the customer: Making music is easy and a cheap short term thing. It’s obviously not. My customers should take my prices as a sign, that I’ve put all the best of me in this piece of music. I have the willing to waive the customers, who seaching for cheap tracks. It’s a kind of self respect and respect for my own work an creativity.

11 Likes

yeah, this is absolutely right! Before I started to have 29$ dollar items, I had items around 19-20$. I increased the price too and I saw an increase of sales. This around 2 years ago. Now seems that everything is not going well as I expected, but as I wrote, make lower price is not rispectful to the time I spent on the work.
The reason is that there are tracks very well made at that price and it’s frustating for me. But thank your for your words, these motivating me to do as I did.

2 Likes

Very good thoughts here so far. One thing I always add is try to look at the long term. It’s tempting to get disappointed on short term sales drops or changes but if you look at what a track can generate over say 5 or even 10 years the picture can look dramatically different.
Sometimes I suddenly sell a track I created ten years ago and even forgot about. Or suddenly a track generates lots of performing royalties from an add campaign.

4 Likes