AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

Hello, Hello, check, check, is this thing here on?
4 new tracks, Zero sellout. And close to zero sellout in general this month.
Thanks god, that this threat hasn´t been closed due to regular moaning :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I hope everyone of u, guys, is doing better than me this month, I have 0 sales. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Hard begin for this 2023 year yes. Only 2 sales on AJ, one was dumped, so it’s closed to 0, other one at regular price, but this is deeply weak. Same goes for all main stock market in my case.

EDIT : 1 sale today !

6 Likes

December was a great month, in perspective of how bad the whole 2022 was, concerning my sales, but January is really starting very slow!
The threshold is still above me this month, eventhough I uploaded new material and offered some real nice 40 percent off discounts… :unamused::thinking::mobile_phone_off:

3 Likes

Did the fees go up recently? I just sold a $30 license but I’m only left with $16.25. As an exclusive author, that seems a bit low to me. The invoice shows i got paid $26 minus $9.75 author fee.

3 Likes

I forgot that there is a $4 buyer fee included in the list price so i guess the above transaction is correct.

3 Likes

This is the worst January in 7 years…My income has dropped 2,5 times compared to the best years!

5 Likes

Could you please explain what “dropped 2,5 times” means? I’ve read that terminology here many times and can never understand what people mean.

For example, in January 2023, I earned 20% of what I earned in January 2019. Which isn’t great.

In January 2023 I had 2 sales less than I had January 2015, which was my first month here.

4 Likes

What goes up must come down. In 2022 I was on the level as 2017, but with 300 sales less that 2017. So the ADP policy was a good decision. The Envato Elements decision only for a selected Elite not.

2 Likes

“dropped 2,5 times” This means income has become less, decreased by 2.5 times.

I still do not understand. Can you express that in percentage terms like I did?

Look, for example, you had an income of $ 1,000 a month, it became $ 400 a month. So your income has decreased by 2.5 times. (1000/400=2.5)

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification.

20% of what I made in Jan 2019. Or 5 times less, if you prefer. :wink:

rockbottom

4 Likes

Now AJ is just for cigarretes and coffee…
Not even for a bottle of whisky anymore.

7 Likes

Stock in general. And one day it will be just for fun. Because of AI. Better to start to dig sync and New opportunities with music. Stock music keep to lead into thé abyss

3 Likes

Wow… Bestseller has only 15 sales and what’s worse is the track is five bucks. It’s been a while since the last time I was here, and it seems to me the things are not going on better. It looks like it’s just a matter of time when they gonna shut down the audio section (audiojungle) on envato. I remember when the bestseller had like +200 sales ($20), probably sometime even more.

I am sad to see this platform going to graveyard, but, it’s not our fault in the end. How many times we (composers) wrote and how many times did they listen to us.

5 Likes

I don’t see AI replacing musicians, I see it as a tool musicians will use. For example you want a jazz piano solo in A, so you ask the AI to produce one and you put it in your track and tweak it a bit. It will make certain parts of producing easier while still keeping a lot of the human touch in the music. Maybe I’m wrong and AI will become good enough to create music good enough on it’s own, but I hope not.

2 Likes

If I need a piano solo, I play it. the AI will never have the emotion.

3 Likes