AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

Two items is a time limit. Due to frequent rejections. We novice authors need to remember that a couple of tracks need to be uploaded PER WEEK. The frequency is very important.

2 Likes

No sales this week! Bad start to the monthā€¦

4 Likes

Wanted to say the same. Support!

6 Likes

Now, thatā€™s a wacky, yet convenient for the corp guys, way of seeing things. Online contents are being produced more than ever, at lower prices than ever, but wellā€¦ my support to the millionaires too! Resist! :fist:

5 Likes

Guys, I havenā€™t had any sales since the beginning of the month. Itā€™s not fun at all. At the end of May, I registered my tracks in ā€œidentifyā€ ā€¦ maybe this was also the reason for the lack of sales. I do not know ā€¦ But all I can do is work harder and better.

1 Like

Nahhā€¦ There is simply no point.

20 days without sales. There is a first time for all. Fortunately this isnā€™t the only library

2 Likes

After a horrible year I found this week to come with some pain relief

6 Likes

I think itā€™s not related, itā€™s just very slow now.

3 Likes

What are your thoughts on the reason why itā€™s slow? Is it a seasonal thing? Surely people are still creating content that requires music despite all the world troubles right now. Maybe because of the economic situation, budgets are much lower? Iā€™d like to understand this situation better.

Envato cut their marketing 2years ago, and after some time there is no question why do popularity=sales are going down.

3 Likes

I think there is not so much we can do to completely understand it. For one thing it depends on who your clients are. Youtubers that constantly upload indeed need music consistently. Other clients like corporate video makers and tv series creators work more according to seasons. It also takes time for someone to definitely buy the license to a track. Maybe they have one of your previews in a project as a temp track and 4 months later they decide to buy it. We only see the action when the actual sale is made.
Just some thoughts.

6 Likes

The situation is pretty simple, customers have moved over to Elements. Sales have been dwindling globally for the past three years. The numbers are nowhere near where they used to beā€¦ and they keep going down.

The fact that staff recently had to reassure the community that the marketplaces were not going to be discontinued in the coming months, is very telling of the marketā€™s health.

6 Likes

reality

Absolute truth. Iā€™m pretty safe almost no Badge 6+ author thatā€™s been here from around 2016/2017 can show a significantly different graph (though I can think of one or two exceptions from outstanding recent composers and musicians with very high marketing skills).

Honestly and heartily, I wouldnā€™t recommend anyone who expects to make a living out of this, to jump into this boat right now. Iā€™m serious. Not if your food depends on this. Donā€™t let anyone convince you that itā€™s a good idea cause itā€™s just not, not in a thousand online courses, not in a thousand YouTube videos. It just gets worse every week.

On the other hand, if you have other real projects going on and you simply want make a side income for a few pizzas a month doing what you love in your spare time, then this is a fun way to get there! :musical_keyboard: :notes: :star2:

17 Likes

:pensive: I had so much hopeā€¦ maybe something will change for the better ?

I had good sales. But when Envato decided to cut Russia from sending funds, why should I care to work with them? It was good for me and for my clients, now I just lost the last inspiration, thah had me going.

2 Likes

Yes but the most important is to lower your expectation, I had lot of hope last year too, my earning was increasing greatly, and I start to see some interesting result for the future.

It doesnā€™t mean it wonā€™t happen again but right now the situation is really bad. Maybe a new system will be create too, but also maybe some opportunities will grow outside stock world !

This is still worth it if you consider it in a long term game, first for your skills and learning curve, then for the opportunity it could create, YouTube / Spotify, custom work, sync library to join etc and in last come the money. Which can be there, with great sales, but which could disappear the month after.

I think you have to keep your stock adventure in any case, this is worth it for many thing. But if you do this only for money, yes this is maybe ā€œhopelessā€. I believe patience is still a key, also some steady work and steady musical release will help !

2 Likes

Thanks for the support and advice!
I understand, what you are talking about.
Yes, I have a main job, and I canā€™t leave it to make music. But itā€™s still my dream. I continue to create music in my free time - before and after work. and i hope it works.
In fact, I have already upgraded the quality level and am happy about it. Maybe I will get a chance and join some project or find a job in this field. Who knows where this road will lead ā€¦ but Iā€™m selling hope that we will be lucky for our efforts!

3 Likes

Hope is totally allowed and welcomed even under theses circumstances. The most important is to keep to see the FUN in it. Having new plugins, trying new genre, release more music, each challenge you are fixing to yourself is a great way to keep the fun

4 Likes

Exactly! I have nothing to loseā€¦ I write even when Iā€™m not paid for it)) I love this activity. I think weā€™re all the same here :slight_smile:

6 Likes