AudioJungle Sales Monitor 3

I have a hard time seeing how elements authors make any money out of that deal either. Do they all get a slice of that pie or is it based on how many people download your tracks? I always seem to have the worst timing as I only started stock music last year, right when it’s on its last gasp of air haha. If stock music just doesn’t work out, hopefully I can figure out some of these other outlets you speak of.

Regarding E authors, yes, they make a % of the pie based on the number of downloads they get. Like a points based system. Of course, the higher the number of contributors, the less they earn. And the number is growing so it will go down in time, that’s for sure. :coffin:

About the timing, bear in mind that AJ is not intaking new authors since exactly a year now so I guess it could be a little bit worse, hahaha. There are no sales to be made though, so not a big drama anyway.

About other income sources, I don’t mind sharing. Personally, I’m mostly making post-sound and SD (not music) for medium-tier production houses that used to spend literally thousands of dollars on a monthly basis in AJ until they got a subscription for $9. As dumb as it sounds but we authors made it happen. We musicians sure know how to shoot ourselves in the foot. Actually none of those companies are with Envato anymore, they moved to other sub sites that are cheaper and have WAY better music quality catalogs.

I also compose some custom music for indie films, video games and YT channels. Some of them contacted me via AJ actually, so it’s not all doom and gloom.

8 Likes

I got your feeling since I had start this adventure. Always having the feeling to being late ! It’s could because the skills level to reach, the new website to join etc etc etc. But in fact, the most important is just to keep to produce, no need to have big dream in your head, just do it, but be aware about the new reality of this whole industry and market. Most of Author are not well paid. And it’s even worst since January 2022 ! My income is totally destroy since this month while I spent a whole year to increase all my earning and I had lot of hope thank to that :face_exhaling: :expressionless:

We’re all on an increasingly precarious roller coaster

8 Likes

It really is too bad that music has been de-valued this much. The amount of time a person spends in this lifetime not only learning how to play instrument’s, but learning how to write, mix and master, is massive and it would be nice to have some financial return. But I’m guessing a lot of us, dedicate that time to music not because we wanted to get rich but because of love for the craft regardless of the outcome. Too bad love doesn’t pay the bills haha,

8 Likes

Here I would totally agree. There are so many “very successful” Youtubers. A lot of them share courses , how you can improve your success in sync licensing. Also other courses like “Master Class for XYZ”. Or, the most crazy stuff: “10 mastering tips, that changed my producers life” or “I share all my producer secrets with you”. And then they implicate in their videos: Follow my tips and tricks and you will have the same success as me.
Why the hell do they do that? In every other business a company or business owner trys to wipe out any competitor from the market, to secure the own success and increase the market share. Why the hell should a successful business man (or woman) share their hard worked success criteria, their secrets for success, with any other person? With their courses it seems, that they grow up their own competitors. It seems. But if you observe the market carefully, you will recognize: They share their secrets, because these “secrets” do not have any impact to their earnings. They simply opened a new earnings channel - with click counts on their videos, with courses, with commercials, with sponsorings.
The informations they provide are not senseless. Maybe they provide honest experiences. But the usefulness of this information is zero - because THEY recognized, that the music business is sick and formed crazy rules and behaviors. Theyhave long ceased to earn money by producing music. But with their videos they implicate: Hey, click my videos, book my courses, follow my tips and secrets - and you will be successful and earn a lot of money. This is a lie, a pure lie. And so many people fall on this. And that’s at the end one of the reasons, why the music market is totally oversaturated. Because so much medias mislead the people on the way to “success”.

7 Likes

I think what all that comes down to is that music is one of those pastimes that people will do regardless of whether they are getting paid or not. Those tutorial videos are basically saying “You can make money with your hobby. Here’s how…” The negative correlation between the success of the tutorial YouTubers and the success of those partaking in the tutorials is a beautiful irony.

9 Likes

Sad but true. I must say, though, that your latest stuff is top notch and it’s getting better and better IMO so if you still have some financial margin, I’d be patient. I’m sure that invitation will knock on your door sooner or later or you might just start get things rolling with a hit track here and in other platforms.

Besides, who can resist the rush of checking your account in the morning and finding a B&F in your statement, right!? Hahahaha! :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Thank you a lot for your kind words ! It’s appreciated under these hard times :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

4 Likes

Exactly, Youtube is one big commercial. There is useful information found but one should always be aware that by viewing content you are making someone money. That’s the business model. It’s fine as long as you’re aware.

2 Likes

One sale in May still…

A question to authors. How many time has passed since starting constant uploads till you have stable income? How things work during past couple of years?

1 Like

Hi,

I think there’s no magical technique there. Some people will benefit from great momentum which will allow them to have great and constant sales while they won’t upload so often. Some need to upload constantly to make it happen.

But under his overall period, I guess, most of us are facing really bad time, no matter the upload and the quality of our work !

I think it’s related to the momentum, the luck, and obviously a bit of quantity too ! But, on the long run, having your item available is still a good way to have some income there and there. I mean, some item can bring some extended license years after their official release! It’s happen to me few time, it’s worth it. Don’t doubt about that, but don’t have too much expectation when it comes to release new music etc.

Good luck :smiley:

9 Likes

First time in more than six years here that i wont reach the minimum.

5 Likes

Hi! It’s been about 6-7 months since I first registered for AJ and filled in my first job. I am only engaged in creating logos.

1 Like

And as for the income, it has just started to rise. I started selling here in March 2021, and if you look at the number of sales and income now, then I will soon bypass 2021. But again, I’m still new to this business) I have been working fully for only 1 year)

3 Likes

May brought the lowest sales numbers ever for me, just half the number of sales I had my first month in AJ back in January 2015. The earnings was my third lowest ever, already in my third month I was earning more. My ranking on AudioJungle isn’t changing though, so I guess I’m not alone.

7 Likes

May was truly abysmal, mates and this month is starting with a “hefty” zero again…
And believe me I would share a good sign or a grand sale if there was any, but this whole year has been a total crap fest! :upside_down_face:

7 Likes

Ok 500 sales is a good number but 2 weeks on this is enough!!!

I give Up uploading.it makes no sense.

How often do you upload your content ?

Two items per month, aj rule,…