AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Hey @popraz , I didn’t mean to start discussion about condition of the market, just wanted to put some positive thoughts here that not everything is bad, but I see that maybe it was a mistake ;). I generally agree with you, however who knows what is going to happen in the long run. Royalty Free Music market is changing for sure and I don’t want to think and believe that we all are doomed. There are few things that are positive: BMI released a statement that they collected the biggest royalties revenue ever, The EU parliament is working on the new law that will give greater royalties share for authors from streaming services and much bigger responsibility from any platform (youtube, spotify, I think even envato) about copyrights. Right now all these platforms relay on users reporting violation of copyright and if the new law will pass it’ll affect the whole world, not only Europe… and all these platforms will need special copyright department to operate in the EU (yep, hopefully the end of copycats era? :wink: ). Sure, there are many questions that need to be answer, but still this is better direction than no direction. Some guys are fighting (inter alia) for understanding of broadcast licences in ‘Audio is Coming to Elements’ thread. Why that is so important, why buyers should know that they need to fill cue sheets, why it cannot be treated like any other licence. If not today maybe tomorrow everyone will understand what it is all about. I’ve started to work on music for AudioJungle when I thought that it’s the end and I have to find another job…but I am still here. Still here working as a musician. I have no idea what is going to happen but right now, TODAY I’m happy that people pay for my music.

4 Likes

You. Are. Totally. Right.
Life is unfair and people are not equal.
This really has a motivation factor. No one has motivation when communism-mode is engaged)

I’ve just been thought out loud too))

3 Likes

The remaining 17 500 authors incompetent and they have no one’s talent? This is not very objective. :slightly_smiling_face: I will not agree with you this time. :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

He did not say that.

This is the reality. The fact that envato uses “popular items page” and showing the number of sales (I don’t know another websites that show number of sales) is to attract buyer and also motivate author to compete with each other. Competition always creates growth for the market.

1 Like

I understand, nothing wrong in staying positive. And I don’t mean to sound like I’m complaining about the sales decline, just making an observation. I know there are so many factors out there that influence a market, most of them beyond my ability to comprehend. I am also not an extremely competitive composer. I have a “niche”, sort of, and I know it’s not something super popular, but like you said, I am happy that people pay for my music, even though I can’t yet make a living from it

2 Likes

@CleanMagicAudio
I didn’t say that.
Please read the answer by @FASSounds , this is exactly what I’m saying.

@WaveToys Motivation to compete with each other and get into the list of popular files … This does not sound very convincing. Question: How can you get there if the same people are there for years? And only they are promoted everywhere. How can a new author get there? Do you yourself believe that? :sweat_smile: This popular list never changes! :sweat_smile:

They changed, but not in a fast pace. You can see a lot of authors that just join from 2015, 2016, on the top sellers list. Older authors got replaced by them on the list.

3 Likes

@FASSounds Dude … LOL. I’m sorry. Perhaps there has changed one author, whom I have not noticed, but for just over 1.5 years all the same authors are there. Do not invent that which does not exist! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

I counted 8 authors of August which weren’t in the top selling authors this time last year.

Edit; I intend to be among them in August 2019 :wink:

5 Likes

Good luck! I hope you succeed! :sunglasses::+1:

2 Likes

That’s true. Popular list is more dynamic than it was ever before… I was close a couple of times with 15-17 sales, but I didn’t manage to get in. YET :stuck_out_tongue: :smiley:

Also, I didn’t bought my own items, I was not featured, and my cousin doesn’t work for Envato. So, I believe is possible. Right track + right timing.

1 Like

Is there someone who bought (self-service) and got there? :sweat_smile: You have discovered one of the secrets to get on the popular list! :sweat_smile:

I got top week badge after 3 years trying. Just got lucky for 2 weeks but then it’s gone from the list. Surely maintaining sales is not an easy thing in this dynamic market. :smile:

No one has a proof, but I saw people accused and banned for this reason.

1 Like

I just want to pay the rent and bills. This month is being even worse than August for me. :sweat:

1 Like

Can someone tell me what this line in statistics means?

Hey, @Manriquedelara, best of luck for the rest of the month! :beer:

4 Likes

HAHAHAHAHAHAAHaHAAHAHAAHAH x10000
The best post of today!!!

You win, this is your prize :wink:
Today´s picture, :slight_smile:
winner

7 Likes