AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

exactly, I mostly rised my prices and even with lower sales I have quite satisfying earnings.

2 Likes

Especially competitions are needed. We are not striving for zero?

For me, I prefer to focus to say bye bye to all the copycats authors over competitions.

All that people who just change one or two notes on every track.

5 Likes

I’m not sure if I need competitions, but they would be fine. The biggest price for me is when clients buy my track and it can be used in their project.

It’s useless? :rofl::rofl: Therefore, they do not make them?

Of course you are an elite author, I’m sure that you do not need anything at all.

I used to enjoy the competitions @CleanMagicAudio, but I can see why Envato hasn’t had them lately. You would have to reach out to them to get the specific reason why.

As for no sales and your work being buried under a bunch of others’ tracks… the royalty free music business is a difficult one. I have been a buyer here for nine years, and have been uploading tracks for five years. The number of authors has grown tremendously in that time. It is extremely competitive.

Everyone who uploads faces having their work buried under thousands of tracks uploaded each day. But some are able to find buyers and sell their music.

I think (but am not completely sure) that @AurusAudio was not featured by Envato, and did not win any competitions. His work is exceptional, which is probably the most important factor in being able to sell your music here.

Unfortunately, I have also seen forum posts from authors with amazing portfolios who are struggling to sell their music.

I wish you much success.

1 Like

Thank you for comment!

1 Like

Where does this bitterness come from? Did I insult you? I said that competitions are not necessary, You have thousands of competitions on the internet. We are here to create music and sell it, not for competitions. If Envato will make then again that would be fine and maybe it will be an opportunity for some authors… and again I agree with @promosapien

Is it bitter to be an elite author? :rofl: Share this bitterness with me, I’ll be glad. :rofl:

We talked about stimulating sales (if you did not understand).

… no comments :wink:

4 Likes

It had to be written right away. And not to prove that no one needs competitions. Therefore, do not interfere with other authors to support the idea, more competitions and, at the same time, more opportunities to promote the tracks.

1 Like

He has been featured. But in fact “author featuring” doesn’t make any difference :slight_smile:

1 Like

Today I sold a track that I uploaded in July and had no sales.

Buried, for sure, but hooray for the search engine, it actually worked!!

2 Likes

:grin: I have the same thing! Also today sold the track from July, which was not sold! :grinning:

1 Like

I’m not sure it’s anything to be happy about in the long run. Even with bigger prices, the reality is that it seems everyone is selling less. That can’t be good overall. Even I have felt a sharp decline in sales in the past two years, compared to my first six years on Envato. The market is clearly shifting and Envato is surely trying to stay on top, but less sales with bigger prices doesn’t sound too good to me. Sales should be increasing, not decreasing.

1 Like

I think the total sales on Audiojungle is increasing. But the number of authors is increasing too, and the competition get higher from time to time. That’s why the average number of sales for author will be decreasing too. But maybe the case is different for the top sellers, their sales looks promising :stuck_out_tongue:

6 Likes

Successful Envato market should think about making sales grow for each author(this is their work, there would be no authors, there would be no Envato, because Envato does not have his own items(Is this not true?)), not decreasing. Otherwise, the profitability and usefulness of this place grows only for Envato (and their total revenues), but at the same time falls for each author separately, which is beneficial only to one side (which is not the author’s side). Unfortunately, no one thinks about it. This is sad.

2 Likes

Top sellers have hundreds of tracks sold every day!
Tracks that were uploaded about 2 or 3 years before this day! And some of this authors even have less than 100 tracks in their’s portfolio.

I don’t want to look and act like an offended 10 y.o. kid. And I have nothing against next thing… But…

For example: StockSounds made 637 sales in 9 days.
I made a screeshot to observe the dynamics of top authors’s sales. Just been curious about this.

StockSounds is an amazing author, for sure! And I’m not pretending on his amount of sales and I totally respect him as an amazing author!

But it really looks like there is some kind of monopoly going on… And this is just a small fact…) Not a subjective offended bullshit)

Like in the books… “rich are getting richer”…)

1 Like

Do you think we would stay motivated if Envato removes popular files list and sales count as a factor? That would spread sales across the community but I doubt people will make 10-20k dollars every month as some of them do now. Honestly, I think most authors aim to get to the popular files, and that’s the goal. Same as in the whole music industry, only top artists make great money. You can have top 50 authors making great money, or 15 000 authors making average or low money :smiley:

Just thinking out loud :wink:

2 Likes