AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Absolutely dead 2 days. :smiling_imp::skull_and_crossbones::snowflake: Where is the sale? Where are the results of my work? Where is the recoil? I have a lot of tracks in different genres and they do not need anyone?

1 Like

Absolutely Frankenstein.

Absolutely Average. :wink:

8 sales at the mid point of the month. :+1:

september is lower than standard regarding the number of sales, but today i have sold a 10 million broadcast license on an item for which i just significantly increased the price. so it was really a nice shot! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

What number of tracks did you guys need accepted before sales started being more common? I know it varies a lot just curious what most people’s experience is.

Hey @Netrabeat, when I first started out I struggled to get over the $50 minimum withdrawal limit until I had a good 40+ tracks in my portfolio. That was 2014 so things have changed since then. For the bad; there’s a lot more competition now. For the good; with Author Driven Pricing you can charge a lot more and more easily reach that threshold.

3 Likes

My example;
My sales from last year have decreased around 50%, and i got a lot of tracks more than last year, It is imposible to say, to predict what the future will do for us.

3 Likes

Aaah, cool tks for replies! :slight_smile: Yh I’m seeing a lot of people say this past month or so has been the worst they’ve been through since starting :frowning: I’m hoping to turn this into 50% of my full time earnings (so about $8,000 a year profit). Looking like that’s probs not really possible anymore though?

That’s definitely an achievable target, as long as you make consistent uploads of good quality tracks. Just don’t expect to hit that income immediately, you will need a few months to establish a larger portfolio first. (Unless you score a hit track!!)

1 Like

Of course it’s possible. Take the current top author for example:
Let’s take the worst case scenario just for the sake of calculation - He’s level 1 exclusive and every license sold was “music standard”.
1853 x 9.5= 17.603$ in August.

(He is elite so he’s getting a lot more than 9.5, and a lot of licenses are probably broadcast, so it’s a lot more money)

Yup, elites actually would get $14 per standard licence, so that figure is $25,942 per month if he’s only selling $20 tracks. :open_mouth:

(Edit: Forgot £19 got bumped up to $20 recently)

1 Like

Oh yh true, I’ve been keeping track of the no.1 account in envy haha so yh probs should have reworded what I said… Yeah I know it’s possible, but I mean for most the others or noobies like myself it’s getting much, much harder… I do plan to upload a logo and track on rotation so I can have a new track almost every day and plan to push myself to improve and experiment constantly… but if you guys could quickly critique my current small portfolio and lemme know if you think I’m close to being good enough to make income if I upload almost every day I’d massively appreciate it! I’m pretty new to stock music (obvs haha) so would love any help I can get.

1 Like

Honestly, I wouldn’t even know what to do with that amount of money… :smiley:

5 Likes

I had a quick listen and yeah, the quality of your tracks is good and you have a nice variation of styles. Sounds like you have a good work plan so go for it!

1 Like

Ah awesome I honestly appreciate that, thanks! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Don’t forget to sign up with P.R.O., it’s not all about the license volume anymore. Your track could end up in a big TV commercial, and that revenue can be astronomical compared to what you earn on AJ.

1 Like

Oh, and if you get some rejects, just ask for advice on the forums and people will be happy to help.

Don’t get all butt-hurt and whiney about it and aggravate a lot of people :wink:

2 Likes

@WaveToys ah damn yh thanks for the advice man, yh will deffo follow up on that!

1 Like

@AlisterBunclark Ah I’ve already had a few rejections and understand that they just after a certain sound so it’s all good haha :slight_smile: I personally feel they should let people know if it’s an actual production quality rejection vs a rejection of the style though, I can imagine that can cause confusion to new authors.

3 Likes

Absolutely no sales. :cry: This month is the weakest for this year for me. It’s just incredible . As bad as it is now has not yet been. It’s absolutely not interesting here to work. Stimulus is zero.

1 Like