AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

" Actually as the author does not intend to sell the item at the hugely inflated price, it is illegal"

In the hugely improbable event that someone actually bought a licence at this price I would have said that the author would happily pocket the money! It’s probably more accurate to say that they do not ‘expect’ to sell at the inflated price and I’m not sure that is illegal as such (although happy to be corrected on this point). It is pretty silly though.

I agree it looks silly and unprofessional. Having looked at Trading Regulations, it looks dodgy to me. I am sure Envato will sort it out though.

What better ?
When low prices
Or
When high prices

Thank you before )

:slight_smile: It is not a question of sense/nonsense. I asked politely to remove those posts for a simple reason: They could be misleading/misunderstood by potential buyers (especially if English is not their first language).

I know for a fact that some of my buyers read around AudioJungle’s forum from time to time and I simply don’t want a single one of them to think that I might have done something illegal.

• The main posts I refer to are the one containing the phrase “trivializing something which is illegal” and the following one (a law article excerpt; posted without any accompanying context). The two, combined, could be misunderstood as if I had done something wrong.

I thought that, as a fellow professional author, you would understand this simple demand (which makes perfect sense from a professional point of view).

I just wish for those posts to be erased or for my AudioJungle business name being cleared of any possible confusion emanating from those precise posts of yours. Sales being harder to reach these days, I don’t have the luxury of being name dropped in such a confusing posts series. I ask politely again, please act on this. Thank you. :slight_smile:

1 Like

On topic: Slow August, but I’m confident it will pick up speed at one point.:slight_smile:

4 Likes

I won’t be censoring my posts. It’s quite clear what the meaning is. The post I wrote afterwards regarding aspects of law is clearly a reply to another author. Let’s move on to the Sales Monitor chat now.

No sales for me…

Absolutely dead.

5 Likes

Since you fancy yourself a legal expert of some sort :roll_eyes:, you might want to look into libel laws, since using a public forum to suggest wrongdoing on the part of someone would certainly seem to apply.

Jeez - the guy asked nicely. How about setting aside the SJW Smash the Patriarchy act for a moment and do the right thing?

3 Likes

It’s not about censorship either. It’s about professionalism. :slight_smile:

Your post series is quite clear to YOU. I get that. But it wasn’t for me (English is not my first language). And seemed also confusing, to some extent, for other authors too. That’s why I think, reasonably, that some of my buyers (whose English is also not their first language) could also be confused by such a post series.

Would you like to see your name being associated with an ill-shaped series of posts about some illegal behavior? Potentially hurting your reputation a bit? I guess not and that would be understandable. I’m not engaged in a moral case here, I simply defend my brand in a respectful way.

It would take a few seconds of your time to act professionally on this and then, we could go on chatting about sales as per usual.

Ps: my excuses to all my AudioJungle colleagues for this boring episode. I know that reading this might feel very annoying to many of you, but at the same time, I hope you can understand that defending the integrity of a brand is a basic and normal thing. Especially in a highly competitive market such as this one.

On topic: Absolutely Dead sales too, for the time being. :neutral_face:

4 Likes

What is this?

Pattern recognition.

You should know about that :wink:

Whatever that’s supposed to mean.

Self-awareness is a gift. You should treat yourself.

…yeeeah so anyway; no sales for me for 48 hours, that sucks. I’m hoping that next summer I will sell enough songs to afford air conditioning.:sweat:

3 Likes

More or less agree with the two sales that I got for now in the month of August. Last year I managed to have only three sales in the whole month so it can be very positive if I manage to overcome this mark

3 Likes

i wonder why people like you don´t sell more. Many more.

3 Likes

It was absolutely dead Tuesday … R.I.P.
waiting for the good news from Wednesday.

3 Likes

Good news for me in Wednesday are that i´ll go to my orchard and the beach.

6 Likes

We are already cold. I also want the beach and the sea, but dove into work :grin:

2 Likes

Hahaha
Did you reached me in the top list authors or i must still waiting for you? :wink::grinning:

1 Like