AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

my best month in audio jungle, 32 sales. let’s see how it will be this December!

5 Likes

The authors here are all wonderful musicians apart from each other. There are two main reasons for the decrease in sales.

1- Elements
2- Items with price $ 5

Good luck everyone for December…

6 Likes

Personally, discounts did not help me at all. Only the revenue decreased

3 Likes

November wasn’t as good as October but it was okay. I did some price experiments as well, I increased the prices a little, sales decreased but revenue didn’t decrease by that much. I have almost doubled up the prices now just to check, will keep you guys posted.

@audiomania Putting my tracks on sale didn’t have a positive effect for me as well, just a decrease in the revenue.

Also I would like to ask the experienced authors here:

Does posting tracks regularly helps in the increase of sales or not because the number of sales have been pretty constant for me from the last 3 months regardless of the price or increase in the number of tracks. Just thinking if there’s any point of having 100’s of tracks in the portfolio if the number of sales are going to be the same. I am posting almost 8 tracks a month, started posting around mid July.

3 Likes

Yes, I’ve noticed the same on my first experiment in September. Just wondering how December will work out with discounts, since it’s usually a slow month for me.

Uploading content on a fairly regular basis helps whilst your brand or profile becomes “known”. It really does help to have a diverse portfolio that covers a wide variety of genres although be mindful that it has to be high quality. I would avoid highly saturated categories such as corporate since there are so many tracks that sound the same and are of mediocre standard at best. This genre has had fantastic success for a handful of authors but sadly the vast majority copy these “masters” and the original is still the best. Listen to @BlueFoxMusic or @RobertSlump as that is the standard we all aim to achieve.

5 Likes

Thanks for the reply!

Yeah @BlueFoxMusic is really amazing! Will definitely check out @RobertSlump.

Regular loading of tracks doesn’t help me. New tracks just accumulate without sales but I still do not stop and upload new ones.

5 Likes

Yes similar thing happened with me in the last 2 months, I have had 1-2 sales for every new upload and that’s it, it doesn’t sell later, only one or two of my initial tracks sells few licenses consistently every month.

2 Likes

There are some tracks with 0 sales as well, have experimented with them at different price points in 2 weeks periods, but still no sales. Haven’t tried putting them on $5/7 as of now.

1 Like

Let’s see what happens now - I have become a price dumper for a Christmas Ident and I want to see how it affects the sales if any. Shame on me but let’s do it!

5 Likes

I do have a few $9 bucks corporatish stuff and man, it feels sooo discouraging watching the earnings move 2 or 3 bucks per sale, can’t imagine how 0,5 should feel. Also, in my case they don’t sell at all, I must say. Guess you have to be a straight-edge, still-live-with-my-parents, five-bucker to play that game.

Anyway, hope it works. If it does sell a few times you might gain some visibility and re-set a std pricing. Best of luck, Graham! :slight_smile:

5 Likes

I chose an ident since the fees will not be so bad and also I think the track is quite festive. My starting position was 5 sales at $29 for a standard license but I really am not bothered that if it sells well or not.

1 Like

True.

Or worse.If you sell your media with 0,5usd, you kinda need the 0’5 usd.Which is sad and demeaning in the same time.

6 Likes

And 3- The zillion of new authors that join on a daily basis, many of them pricing way below what was the market’s standard.

I just gave a look at the latest submitions and a bunch of them are from authors that joined in the past 3 months.

4 Likes

Create something unique, different from the masses and to the highest possible standard that you can achieve - it is the only way to survive in the jungle.

10 Likes

And get an epic rejection :joy:. Kidding.But also 50% true.

10 Likes

November was great for me, but this new week has been very quiet… It’s highly disappointing that so many people devalue their work with these 5 dollar tracks, though!

5 Likes

What a bad silence… :tired_face:

4 Likes