AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

The thing I Don’t understand is the lack of steady result. Almost everywhere, while everything was 10000% better last month, why such a huge drop… Things are never sustainable.

The POND is dead 4 ever for me, despite constant upload, sales are too rare, even if sales there are at high price, result doesn’t match with steady upload. AJ, 15 sales last month, now 0 …

Luckily I have many custom music opportunity outside stock, but come on, there’s no logic at all.

I also think I’m gonna change my strategy, and upload 5 or 10 tracks by 5 / 10. Why rushing after upload with a such long review time, and random result ?

8 Likes

I’m very surprised by the drop too. I had a steady build up since May through September. Strange…

2 Likes

in Italy we are closing several companies, so it is not doing well at all

3 Likes

7 days without sales

2 Likes

It is going steadily for up me (started in February). Sales are a little lower then last month, but revenue is about the same as I increased prices a bit.

3 Likes

I can feel halloween coming:)

4 Likes

So thrilled about the new dashboard announcement!!! Finally a solid and smart selling strategy guide: Discount! Discount! Discount! Discount!

Going downriver! Everybody row!

#eternalsale #bargains #endlessgaragesale #everythingmustgo #cheapthehelloutofeverything

4 Likes

Hi @WormwoodMusic !
I read in these recommendations and tips there which is better and you can make a discount when the goods are taken in bulk (that is, for example, when buying 5 tracks, the sixth track is a gift :smiley:, or for example, when buying 5+ tracks (and higher), there is a% discount at a time).

Unfortunately, this is not yet on Envato. But there is already an instruction on Envato. :upside_down_face: Is it really time to open a wholesale sales office? :smiley:

2 Likes

Out of the 30 “2020’s Best Selling Music and Audio - updated weekly” tracks on the front page of AJ, there is not one track priced at more than $20.

Eleven of the 30 are at $5.

Five dollars. :slightly_frowning_face:

3 Likes

Ouch!

I wonder if the decision makers in Envato have read the articles they are linking to… This one for example: https://www.entrepreneur.com/article/220091 Clearly showing how destructive price dumping without any purpose can be.

At the same time we have near retarded category pages and a search engine here that only counts sales numbers (this is not common for the other sites I sell on). The top sellers of this site knows a thing or 2 about selling, and by price dumping month after month, this must clearly be a working strategy if you want to participate in the “hit lottery”.

As for the discount tool, one way to use it is actually to place higher priced tracks there with a very small discount. This is enough to give visibility and is probably one of the few reasonable options for us to give some variation to the category pages at the moment :man_shrugging:

7 Likes

I put my maths hat on, played with one of the new fangled calculator devices and worked this out:
1 track sold at $5 would have to sell 28 times to earn in revenue my base selling price of $39. Discounting tool will only work for me if the Author and Buyer fee is also built into the discounted price - other than that the author loses out.

5 Likes

still extremely slow. just 4 sales this month, all logos or SFX.
it’s my hystorical minimum

4 Likes

I earned with a track 44 dollars, putting it to 5 dollars, how much do you have to sell? Maths are an exact science. Be intelligent my friend.

3 Likes

I think it’s just a coincidence! ahaha :slight_smile: :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This month started great for me, but now, by the end of it, the views on my items have kinda dried up! :face_with_monocle:
Price dumping is not a great look, for sure, but many are still doing it… It’s almost like somebody still sleeping on the sinking Titanic and dreaming of his wealthy future! :mask:

1 Like

After a good September, there was hope that October would be at least not much worse. But alas … The number of sales is half less and the revenue has fallen almost three times. The outflow of visitors is also noticeable. Hope for the rest of the month. Success to everyone!

2 Likes

A great first half of October and now 7 days with no sales :-/

2 Likes

Much lower sales and income in October compared to September! This is bad!

I will say more … The check queue, as I expected with 30 tracks( new innovations), increased and not decreased! Also bad!

5 Likes

This month came out a little less for me than last.

1 Like