AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

But we are all in this music business, and everyone works and thinks for their own purposes. Thinking about others is possible and necessary (if they need any help), but do not forget oneself.

3 Likes

Well, in comparison, water6 bring me 3 sales in a year.:slight_smile: So 3/month here seems like a good deal (worst month example). But of course it doesn’t mean that things in general are good. AJ is still the most active. Aside from platforms that sell beats, but thats another territory…

2 Likes

The problem is to understand what happens - search experiments or death of market for middle-range authors. There were many bad months with very low sales but in Feb 2020 sales just stopped. Absolutely. Should we wait or panic and start looking for a new job? (sure no need to panic, but the situation is terrifying)

2 Likes

Greetings. What is water6? Could you give a link to this resource?

1 Like

I think it’s 5DONP :wink:

The things with WATER6 or 5DNOP is to have a big portfolio, WATER6 is one of my best site, and it’s far away more reliable than Aj for me, so it’s depend on each author experience and there are definitely other place than AJ which can bring money too ! Like Chinese website in my case, and most of sales there, are most of the time rejected by Aj .Obivously I probably earn less as you. The idea I want to express is that there is place for each one of us and it’s hard to make some generality on other market

7 Likes

Got it. Thanks for your opinion. I guess there is a place for everyone today. For me, river 7 is very slow, AJ is so-so for the most part, (but still can surprise) couple of beats marketplaces are pretty good. I decided to switch to beats, because that’s mainly what I do, and none of that corporate style AJ is famous for. But again, I do not upload regularly, and make no promotions, which I should, ideally. Anyways, good luck)

5 Likes

Utterly utterly utterly absolutely dead.

1 Like

Lake 7 got killed off too, but still the occasional sale comes through there on a full moon!!

3 Likes

well, with another sad week of little to no sales… i have no clue what to do to keep my revenue flow going steady.
Mind you i am not whining, i am working hard and keep bringing the changes i think are needed to stay relevant and keep a good to decent revenue.
Normally authors dont show their cards this much, but i am very open to discussing what is happening to this place and what we can actually do to stay alive and/or keep improving our revenue.

• I have uploaded a few bangers (meaning new tracks i think would sell pretty well lol) and keep uploading new tracks with a steady pace.
  • I also keep posting and advertising my work on soundcloud, twitter, facebook, YouTube, etc…
  • I have updated a few tracks that used to sell great with even new content, short version, remixes and even a entire remade, remixed and remastered track.
  • I tried new tags, new titles to show up in the search machine.
  • Tried new genres.

Yet again, i have made so little this week, that last year february i made the same amount in a DAY compared to what i made this last WEEK.

Is it really Elements that is shooting us down who are not invited in that pool?
Is it just worldwide traffic that has decreased over all the marketplaces? Alexa shows that there IS a decline, but not this huge that it would almost stop my/our sales.

no clue where to go from here, still in it and i want to keep fighting… but at one point you have to be realistic right? if it IS elements then we are simply done and out.
If it IS traffic decreasing, then i’ll ride out the storm and keep working hard.

I fear for the first (elements) but i have no stats to back this up.

7 Likes

I really don’t get it if you doubt Elements is the cause, of coruse it is, a client can pay 29$ and download unlimited tracks, why bother to buy individual tracks makse no sense just think about it.

The subscription model is killing the stock marketplaces, even code like codecanyon and themeforest are affected but there is another ball game because plugins / code without support have no value so this is the reason they are still going well otherwise it would have been a disaster as well, I wish that would be the same with stock like audio but is not :frowning:

Hard time ahead my friend!

2 Likes

I don’t really think anyone knows exactly what is going to happen the next couple of years, neither contributors or the companies. We can predict as much as we want. Obviously the market is taking a big hit because of subscription everywhere and will never quite be the same, but as Steelsound mentioned earlier here subscription fatigue is a real thing. I can speak for myself, I am not interested in any more subscriptions then the few I have (stock video and samples) and I try to steer away from them as much as possible.

Apart from all the things you are already doing, I would raise prices further up, your tracks are definitely worth it. Think about who you are targeting and realise you are selling music that stands out from the crowd. Higher price can also help you stand out from the crowd. This might be different from track to track. I have some tracks that sounds like “everything” else and some that do not. I choose to price them differently because an unique track (or different enough…) has much more value then something that the jungle has ten thousands of copies of.

Everyone who I have talked to who have experimented with prices between 15-60 or even higher says the sales number differences are really small, if any… The revenue difference is HUGE. Many high quality authors here can give themselves a 2-300 % raise in income and they simply don’t know about it.

If we want to invest in this market we should try to supply it with more unique music or just very great tracks. I know this sounds kind of ridiculous when we have quite narrow review system and price dump filters in the category pages. Envato is not exactly working with us here.

Still… I believe this is the only way we can sustain this market and prove that it is worth existing. Otherwise it will only end up as a red carpet for Elements, with non interesting happy and upbeat corporate tracks for $5. This impresses no one, including customers. Customers that have subscription elsewhere or Elements still come here because they find music they cannot find elsewhere. This is not Envato’s main priority I know… but it is what separates this site from many other sites.

Also investing in other markets then AJ is a non brainer in my opinion and experience. Even if you have to much income to go non exclusive you can always pull tracks out or simply start uploading to other stock sites. I am certainly glad I did that a year ago. Otherwise my earnings would be far far less. Another thing that I see hope in is Content ID earnings. My 3 latest months in content ID have given me more monthly income then some of my weakest months here on AJ. Multiple revenue streams is really what you want moving forward I think. It creates a much more stable income in my experience.

Personally I am also thinking about creating some albums for exclusive Film/Tv libraries and this is something that you should consider as well with your trailer and game music if you have not.

7 Likes

Thanks for your feedback Mojo, and it seems we are on the same path forwards.
I have begun writing trailer music as well for libraries, hoping to see some bigger payments coming from that adventure!
I also have content ID, and it is true… it is a nice extra stream of revenue.
I think you worded all of this very nicely and you actually inspired me to up my prices right now. sadly still no bulk editing so having to do this with 200 plus tracks will be no 5 minute job, but maybe i can weed out the bad selling tracks now as well and give the customers even more focus in my portfolio.

5 Likes

Nice, happy to hear that! I am convinced it is a great decision. Price communicates quality, just that alone can draw some extra attention to tracks :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Robert, for what it’s worth my sources are telling me that Elements authors are really earning quite well from that business model. Their sales remained the same on Market but Elements has doubled their income in many cases.

Elements has not cannibalized their AJ market revenue which is quite surprising.

So those who got invited to the party sure did get a wonderful pay raise!

1 Like

It’s great to feel part of something doesn’t it, no wonder Elements contributors have stayed away from the forums and watched how the masses have destroyed the AJ martketplace with all their game-playing behaviour…high-five to y’all.

3 Likes

Still no sales. Just a pathetic 2 sales this week. Awful! :face_with_raised_eyebrow: Sometimes it seems to me that this drop in sales will never end for me here, no matter how much I work on music.

2 Likes

Yep, at the same time Envato misused a lot of old authors, making their profiles Elements Ad and not inviting them to it. My sales affected by this as well as many others.

6 Likes

Well somehow, some way, miraculously, and in the face of the banner ad, I did grow my audio jungle market earnings 35% with 30% less units sold in 2019 (see my sales data in the other price dumping thread).

Leon, we’ve been around long enough to know that Envato hand picks who they want to succeed here. They also decide which tracks and authors get presented in search. They also exert control over the popular files board. They used to decide who would succeed with features. You were selected to succeed too as you were featured two times. Anyway, congratulations again, you really created a smash hit with your upbeat corporate tune. I would actually advise you to dump the price down so it holds it’s position on popular files.

Soon enough popular files will consist of only $5 tracks and I think secretly, Envato wants that. This company is on a mission to decimate competition at all costs the way Jeff Bezos and Amazon have done. Bezos’ philosophy was simple: always provide the lowest price for any product to ensure they get all customer orders, and destroy the competition at all costs. He has an army of slaves in warehouses, behaving like human robots, sticking objects into boxes all day every day for $15 an hour, while he earns $50 Billion a year and hopes to build the next Star Trek Space community. If that is not insanity than what is it?

CEO’s of companies all worship Jeff Bezos. They all strive to be him. He’s a Titan, a hero. At a certain point annual income is a score card competition amongst CEO’s. “Oh, he made $50 Million last year, well I’ll have to one up that guy.” Making money literally becomes a “game” a “sport” that CEO’s obsess over. Exploitation of humans and the destruction of businesses is something they are not one bit concerned about. Check out the Front Line special about Amazon that aired this week

This is the definition of pure evil. Watch the facial expressions of all executives getting interviewed, their human “souls” are crumbling in eternal guilt.

10 Likes

Ohh, sadly, but agree with EVERY your word you wrote here.

2 Likes

Never bet on anything, and you will never be disappointed. “AudioSport”

3 Likes