AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

@CleanMagicAudio, I know a bad penny always turns up, but I’m certain that even the most fraudulent “authors” will eventually run out of friends, parents and siblings willing to lend them their credit cards or paypal accounts. I’m not saying it’s a way to cut with this practices for good, but I certainly think they’ll be less than nowadays. By the way, so far I got no reply or even confirmation from support about the cases reported.

Back to topic: dead as a doornail.

2 Likes

Same here.

1 Like

Hoo Boo Boo :joy:

6 Likes

As France leads, sales are better. Just kidding. :sweat_smile: But I can see some improvements this month already. Even though it is still not as good as it used to be.

1 Like

Sales? Cricket sound…

1 Like

I have a new offer! Let’s ban, those who forbid!
It would be nice to ban people without humor, but that’s impossible.
And still ban days without selling!
:smiling_imp::smiling_imp::smiling_imp:
Boohoohoohoo
:laughing:

1 Like

8 sales so far. About average for me :+1:

I noticed that the second summer in a row as if someone presses a button. Turn off sales)))

Really?

All ambiguous!
But sales are constant.
Equally bad or equally good! There is no stability!

1 Like

Just a quick update on the case of the two portfolios packed with duplicated items I reported above:

1. Support came back to me, thanking for the information and removed one of the doubled sounds.
  2. I told them that the item reported was just an example, that both portfolios have essentially all the same items with different names.
  3. They thanked again and required the author (they confirmed both accounts belonged to the same user that was uploading all his sounds 2 times) to purge his portfolios from repeated items.
  4. He did so and end of the story, both portfolios remain open, still with some active doubled sound effects. None of the accounts was disabled.
3 Likes

I reported a user here who has been selling items as exclusive on AJ and you can easily find them on his author portfolios on other stock sites as well. I was told something would be done about it by an envato mod, went through the proper channels etc… was assured it was being looked into. Last I checked he’s still selling the same items here and on other market places.

I love the community here, I like the layout of AJ in general, and I’d seriously consider putting together an exclusive portfolio here if it weren’t for the fact that the general quality control, upkeep and enforcement is just plain awful.

2 Likes

I had a similar experience but with a slightly different issue. Without going into details, I reported what seemed to me to be an absolutely clear cut case of an author flagrantly breaking the rules but, although the response from support was friendly and positive, several weeks later the author still seems to be enjoying the benefits they have gained by breaking the rules.

4 Likes

we might be talking about the same thing?

I think it’s possibly a different case, but the point remains the same!

1 Like

Same here. A comforting response from support, yet absolutely mild actions taken.

I understand the volume of incoming authors and items is just massive and it’s impossible to spot every single fraudulent practice, yet is utterly frustrating to see no serious measures are taken.

Sometimes it almost seems like a naive nonsense to try to do things right here.

2 Likes

Good news about point 1, 2 & 3!

Ps: I’m not in favor of banning anyone on first offense, so point 4 doesn’t bother me too much for now, but if this author do not correct the situation completely and keeps doing this in the future, then a ban would make sense, I guess.

1 Like

“I’m not in favor of banning anyone on first offense”

Possibly not, although it seems to me if on the balance of probabilities someone has knowingly broken the rules pretty tough action ought to be taken.

But when, for example, an author is allowed to keep the benefits of fraudulent sales and likes (certainly as far as visibility in searches is concerned) that seems really unfair to those authors who have been honest!

2 Likes

Exactly. @Nonzerobot, I’m with you about not banning at first offense. But there’s such an overwhelming number of cases in which the author repeats over and over the same cheats, or even re-opens a newly named account after being banned that doing nothing, in my opinion, is not an option.

I would say, 2 warnings, then 6 months of suspension, then permant closure of the account. Of course, we would need Id check for something like this, to prevent the creation of new accounts.

3 Likes