AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

I think around 50 cents for a track is on the horrible spectrum no matter where you sell it. But yes MA seems to have a slightly better system the ME, or should we say less horrible. At ME you are also competing directly with your own marketplace sales and you can’t only upload certain tracks, you have to upload everything. And those tracks that got downloads in my case were more unique and premium tracks that I am able to get good money for elsewhere.

At ME I only got 1 marketplace sale the last 2 months, but still that sale earned me $24.50 which is twice as much as I earned on subscription. So I think I will just raise my prices instead and fish for the customers with budgets.

2 Likes

Well, I think people tend to forget that in an unlimited subscription model, customers will tend to download much more tracks; they could download 20 tracks, and only use one in the final product.

7 Likes

Sounds horrible to me. Sounds like anyone willing to put music up where they are letting people have it for 50cents a download is actively contributing to the complete ruination of this business model. Insanity.

6 Likes

Extraordinary.

2 Likes

well, my earnings on the platform where I get 0.5 per download ate way higher than anywhere else, and is the reason why I keep motivated and did not give up producing stock music…

EDIT: to be completely honest, before being in the system, I would have thought that such a low price per download would be horrible as well… but now I realize that it all depends on the total subscription earnings divided by the number of contributors. So yes, this models can only work if the doors are not open to anyone, with a loose review system…

2 Likes

That’s true people who may earn few hundred dollars per month will soon realize they are going to end up stock music business in near future within 2021
Subscription model will eradicate the whole stock music industry within 2021(including the subscription model with more composers and with very less payouts in near future)
I bet people

4 Likes

my January is going to be one of my best month per income here, yesterday night i passes the monthly threshold for the second time of my Aj Journey ahah

people still want sound effects :smiley:

4 Likes

This is the longest and most unusual stop sale!
Incredible. Two months of decline and there is no upward trend in sales.

1 Like

January 21 and only 12 sales, from the normal 21-25 sales (after adp). This is exactly 50% of the loss! Singularity zone some sort or just a hole!

4 Likes

might be a short term gain, but it hurts the market as a whole and isn’t sustainable. very short sighted.

1 Like

Well that’s perfectly normal and understandable. The authors who weren’t fortunate enough to be chosen to be part of Envato Elements, are eventually joining other subscription models. One door closes, another opens…

3 Likes

Do not talk about this Envato :zzz:, otherwise they will open the door for everyone (God forbid) and then the subscription will definitely win here. :eyes: :slightly_smiling_face:
Although I think that most authors want to earn money, there is an argument. If it goes like a snowball and the authors thoughtlessly go where small profits are, then yes. But if you still don’t, then all subscription-based platforms will be closed from the lack of offers (authors).Or first they open, and then burn out when the authors get tired of earning few… 50 to 50.

1 Like

I don’t know where this will lead 40 cents per download is ridiculous

3 Likes

Things are getting worse and worse every day. What’s happening? Somebody give us an answer!

4 Likes

None of these provide “raw material” for use in other projects in the same way as Audiojungle does.

Soundware, stock music and software are very different from one another.

Just because my local library lets me borrow books out for little or no money doesn’t mean my local BMW dealer will or should let me borrow cars under the same model.

6 Likes

5 days without sales.
There are something new changes except Elements?

3 Likes

Stock music is no longer a growth business. Peak earnings have been achieved. It’s just a commodity driven price battle and market share battle. Stock Media licensing platforms will undercut each other until we see $1 a month unlimited downloads. Look at what low cost brokerage firms did. It used to cost $5 to buy shares of a stock, they all now slashed the price to $0. It’s free to buy and sell shares of stock equities. These companies (Schwab, Fidelity, JPMorgan, E Trade, Ameritrade etc) just want accounts open. It’s a contest to see who will have the most amount of assets under management. Then these firms I suppose make money off of customers through petty “hidden fees” only. Or they probably try to sell customers on asset management fees for actively managed portfolios.

Anyway, I just try to block out all the noise and stick with my prices. Only we can decide what our music is worth. There still are plenty of customers willing to spend $20 to $100 for a sync license, and they do not want to pay $200 a year up front to be a subscriber. In fact, in that price range, people will pay the published price if it is exactly what they need for their project. January is always a slow month for media production. Business spending will resume and improve soon enough.

Hey, things picked up…as I wrote my opinion above I just made $80 on audio jungle.

6 Likes

That’s interesting. I think that at least Envato’s Elements doesn’t require such continued subscription. But I might be wrong.

Another question, then. Are you getting payed once each month while your tracks are in use?

1 Like

If the large marketplace companies that make their profits by taking small percentages of hundreds of thousands of transactions have respect for creators, they would not pursue this sales model, because ultimately, your work will be devalued by this method of licensing it to others.

The larger companies that take a share of each sale (yours, and those of many other creators) will be better positioned to make profits from this system because they’re making money on volume that you won’t begin to approach by comparison.

As this way of licensing your work becomes the norm and you are faced with increasing competition from a flood of other authors licensing work for pennies per use, you will struggle to earn a sustainable income from this business.

This system is designed for two entities:

1. Marketplace companies
  2. Customers

Not for creators.

3 Likes

That’s EXACTLY how it works. To our ultimate detriment and chagrin.

4 Likes