AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Excuse me, but what is ME?

1 Like

Motion- E L e M e nt ! An asiatic Market place :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is the kind of abusive deals the subscription model brings on. It’ll be the same with Elements.

5 Likes

Yes :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting: :face_vomiting:

Tout le monde devrait agir face à ce système grandissant ! Même si malheureusement j’en ai rejoins en cours de route !!

Oh, i see. Yes, this is ridiculous! Luckily, don’t even want to look at that place. AJ, with all its problems, is still one of the best. Hope, things will improve anyways:)

4 Likes

Unbelievable, no wonder they started to hide the download counter today. I got $12.3 for 24 DL and I thought that was horrible, but I guess I was on the “luckier side” of unlimited uses. I opted out today. I had come to peace with their previous limited sub model but this one is basically a grim Elements V2 with open doors. You don’t even get the illusion of feeling like a chosen one :neutral_face:

AJ sales have so far been average for me in January. I must say though it’s quite demotivating to read about all you prominent sellers with hard decline last half a year. Apart from all the obvious reasons, don’t you think the new category pages price filters might steal significantly traffic?

8 Likes

My sales have dropped 90-95% since LAST MONTH.

It’s beyond bizarre.

:expressionless:

11 Likes

Not a shade of doubt about it if you ask me. There’s almost no category where you can’t find 2 or 3 pages (a lot more in the most popular ones) of bargain items; it’s sad it is us who are rowing in that direction. Finally everything seems to be set for the single-license model to come to its end.

Sub models are guaranteed famine for us composers (the ME story above shockingly shows what will happen here as they start lowering the drawbridge) but it seems pretty clear they’re here to stay.

As for sales, roughly 80% drop since December, which was also utterly lame. A brand new record every month, even uploading new stuff. It was one hell of a ride.

9 Likes

Mid January - 3 sales. So far this is the worst month in last 2 years…

2 Likes

Having checked out this website and looked at the subscription model and it’s details, I cannot believe why anyone would submit content to it. It beggars belief as to how it could be favourable to authors who provided content to it.

3 Likes

Everybody complains but most authors have traks in Elements, makes no sense :slight_smile:

No they don’t.

6 Likes

most? There are over 20,000 authors on AJ, a few hundred on Elements at most.

I do agree with you though, that joining Elements pretty much leads to the same kind of abuse.

5 Likes

Few hundreds is enough to make this mess on AJ. Code is affected as well, this will be a very hard year that’s for sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Maybe it is, maybe not. Obviously the stock music market is under some major changes and there will be a big chunk of traffic directed to subscription. But stock sites also sell this “subscription is the only future” idea for what its worth to get contributors onboard. I mean good stable predictable income for the next year or 5 who would not want that? It’s not so hard to see why this is extremely attractive for any company.

I believe and hope there will be a future market for single license stock music that does not sound like everything else or just music that is outstandingly great. Not everybody wants to subscribe and not everybody wants music that “everybody” is using. I also think the sub model market will evolve smarter and hopefully away from the “one size fits all” unlimited model. At least for higher quality sites that are interested in keeping their contributors somewhat happy and feeding them material. Maybe authors will become smarter and not put all of their best and most premium content in a one size fits all sub model as well (ok this is probably wishful thinking…)

I would not be surprised if Envato HQ are thinking about the idea of introducing single licensing in Elements in the future down the road. If that happens AJ will most likely be shut down or simply be a part of Elements with a much bigger author pool. In such a scenario I think they will close down poor quality portfolios and portfolios that does not bring anything new to Elements. One thing is for sure, the watermarks are already in place…!

9 Likes

2 days without sales again, during the weekdays! Bad, very bad month for me …

3 Likes

The first half of the month is just a nightmare. Ten out of sixteen days are zeros. If nothing changes in the second half, it will be my worst month in several years. But the portfolio is much larger than a few years ago.

8 Likes

2 Sales in January and near 0 views in all tracks for all month.

6 Likes

14 out of sixteen are zero here, it’s just abysmal! :thinking: :scream: :thinking:

4 Likes

renfrog

7 Likes