AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

So far, 13 days without sales. I realize it’s not the longest I’ve gone without sales, so there is some hope left. Good luck everyone in October !

3 Likes

Everyone died of sunburn.

3 Likes

I like how this month starts. Keep rocking, October! :sunglasses:

5 Likes

Only 2 sales so far in October. I have a bad feeling about this month.

4 Likes

3b3a1a

23 Likes

30 items uploaded last month, 3 sales. Not that encouraging.

4 Likes

I don’t know why, but since the beginning of October all sales are from the USA only. Is this somehow related to a change in the algorithm of the search engine? :thinking:

4 Likes

i gain the Special Circumstance Queue Badge for the second time

yeeeee

so, i’ll upload only some items per time, so sad

2 Likes

After a worrying slow start to the month it seems like someone just flicked the sales switch. Let’s hope it keeps going! :pray:

5 Likes

Ahahah! Fantastic!

2 Likes

A few observations as this year slowly approach its end:

I’m now sure to beat 2018 (money-wise) before the end of this month! Which is quite surprising to me, because I have only uploaded a grand total of… 6 new sounds in 2019 (a lazy man proof that passive income is still perfectly possible at AudioJungle!).:sunglasses:

That said, I had to compensate for my lack of uploads and also for the many Envato changes (removal of the credit system, etc) by gradually raising my prices across my entire portfolio. Best move I ever made! All hail ADP!

Oh, and: whoever said that because of Elements, the AudioJungle sound effects market would rapidly collapse and die, was wrong.:stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I think that, by playing with a mix of strategy, market study & more steady work, I’ll be able to beat all my past records in 2020. This might sound overly enthusiastic, but that’s really how I feel it will unfold. Plus, I don’t fear Elements anymore. If anything, it will force me to become better at my craft and offer stuff that is lacking there.

About present sales: absolutely dead since a few hours, but I don’t stress over this anymore either. Well, good luck to all this October!:v:

14 Likes

October started well for me too. But I don`t worry about my income for now because I found a small job as a composer and sound designer for a game. And, maybe, I will be hired as a sound designer for website UI. I am very happy because this is my first job related to sound.

16 Likes

I don’t want to be negative, but I’m afraid that this is only true for people who has been around for a long time and has high selling items already.

I consistently uploaded 35 items or so last month, having only 3 sales TOTAL in these, I have also observed similar numbers from almost every sfx artist.

I have also increased price of most of my items resulting in an overall decrease in income, so I don’t think that one is working for me either. Happy to hear that it works for you, and anyway thanks for your suggestions :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:

5 Likes

Congratulations! Any reasonable and interesting work is much better than dependence on this market. Good luck! :wink:

4 Likes

With all due respect, when I joined here in 2015 (I only started to upload more actively somewhere in 2016), there was already many well established and talented sound authors in the top ranks, so, like you, I initially thought that I was late to the party, but I then chose to forget about this and to focus on my own strengths and also on the things that I could control the most.:slightly_smiling_face: Those consisted in:

• Going for an equal mix of standard sounds and more obscure/niche items.

• Rapidly discarding my initial author’s name. I had found that a music blog had a similar one and I also decided to mainly focus on sfx instead of music (like I had planned earlier), so it wasn’t fitting anymore.

• I then developed a sort of concept or well, some kind of author persona. I would be a robot on a mission to land on the AudioJungle’s mountain top who would try to vacuum sales with some cartoony advanced technology gadget. I have a visual artist background, so I guess it helped me to come up with my little robot avatar. I wanted it to look straight into the eyes of potential clients on my profile and for the eyes to point at written description of items in my portfolio/search results icons.

I strongly think that details like this can make a difference. All the most successful business (in any domains) put a lot of thoughts (and in some cases, tons of money!) to come up with instantly recognizable & unique design. I would suggest to never underestimate the power of an engaging visual logo. It’s the first thing people see (even before listening to what we have to offer) and the human brain is very quick to decide if something look professional or not. In this regard, I think your author image is too generic. I’m pretty sure that you could witness a positive change by simply choosing a less generic name and a more slick author icon (the one you utilise now is too pixelated and the colors are weird and all over the place, in my humble opinion).:wink:

Talking about small, but important details, I would also suggest that you think about putting a link from your forum icon to your profile & portfolio pages (I had a hard time to find your profile, actually, because you sell under «Jtc_Studio» at AudioJungle, but you post in the forum as «Jtc_Music»:wink:). Some music & sound authors who are active on the forum are also professional video editors doubling as buyers sometimes, so you could potentially augment your chances of being discovered by applying this simple hint.

I could list many other small tips, but this is only to say that I think it is still possible for newcomers to have some degrees of success today with the right state of mind and a lot of thoughts put into some kind of personalized concept, image and marketing strategies (some sfx sellers started at AudioJungle after me and are now more successful than I am, another proof that anything is still possible).

Lastly, try to diversify your portfolio to the max, because now, in addition to competing with others, you also compete with yourself in some categories (how many more «bling» sfx and «wooshes» does the market need?).:wink:

Hope my tone wasn’t too professoriaI, because I only tried to help with a few tips. Good luck around here!:sunglasses:

7 Likes

These months are like a line of the dead.

2 Likes

After dead September this month started pretty well, but now it’s again silent.

2 Likes

Still no sales in october :expressionless:

4 Likes

Congratulations to @Jtc_Studio for a series of incredibly quick improvements (links to profile/portfolio, cool new logo, etc) following my giant post! Those fast reflexes speaks of a great level of professionalism to me!:sunglasses::+1:

3 Likes

Just don’t expect too many sales in October. Aj is going down, down, down… :chart_with_downwards_trend:

ajoct

5 Likes