AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Congratulations ! Your bread has been approved. Keep up the awesome work ! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Harsh as it sounds, that is correct. On the bright side, as @Nonzerobot stated, once you fill and submit the W-8 form, that withholding will apply only to US sales; all other countries will be subject to the regular, standard fees (somewhere around 50%).

2 Likes

Looks Awesome! Is there a Gluten free option? :wink:

1 Like

Went to Lidl supermarket yesterday and discovered that beer is actually cheaper than bottled water! So that’s positive :smile:

1 Like

Lidl and Argus for the win! Cheers :beers:

5 Likes

I said I am good I am good I am good I am good I am good I am good I am good!!!

8 Likes

reality really is that the market is so overcrowded that the “common man” / hobbyst can not make decent money anymore in stock audio… unless he is spending really a lot of time in producing and promoting. as an hobbyst i am not able to do this anymore…
moreover, the items i sell are usually the oldest ones, not the newest - with some exception!

1 Like

Yes. But you can always start to produce clones, like a lot of people here does.

1 Like

July is very slow so far… I havn’t experienced such drop since January. I guess it’s time to take a break and wait for better days! :slight_smile:

Offtopic:
Any UK authors here familiar with this TV commercial? I’ve got report from TuneSat, it’s broadcasted a lot in England, but I only got this audio clip in report: https://app.box.com/s/3j32030er10i0wqzabfdm7us4oppvg7n
I didn’t catch the brand’s name, is it WayFair? I’d like to check with BMI if it’s reported and make sure I get the royalties. I need more details to do this, so I would appreciate if someone from UK knows more. Thanks!

Last year my revenue drop from June to July was 50%, but not the years before.
This year…it looks like more than 50%. But let´s wait when world cup has ended and Belgium is world cup winner. :slight_smile: Sorry Graham.

Man, you’re good!) :muscle:

2 Likes

Then the queued will drop to 4 days… :joy:

2 Likes

Golden years never last forever, but most of the people I know at AudioJungle fit the “common man” / hobbyist category and among them, many continue to make decent money. A few lucky ones even sell more units than 10 years ago! Sadly, many are sinking too…

Reality is an insanely crowded market, you’re surely right. But any reality is also what we try to make of it.

When I said it would probably be a good time to revise your strategies, I didn’t meant that you should start to compose music all day like a robot (staying visible help a lot, but a queue doesn’t need to be full all the time). But also to have a second look at how you do things, etc; from a few different angles.

An example: while digging through your portfolio, a thing struck me. You often work in series and name your tracks in this fashion: “Metal logo 1”, “Metal logo 2”, “Metal logo 3” and so on. For many buyers, it might feel a bit too generic or maybe even off-putting. Doing so, you probably limit how potential buyers can find your tracks.

Naming them differently, let’s say “Rebel Metal Logo”, “Raging Metal Logo”, “Angry Metal Logo” would probably help, at least a little, because a lot of buyers search tracks by moods and emotions, not only by general styles.

“The devil is in the details”, like the old saying goes. I hope you’ll find a way to get back on track! Good luck! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thanks!
very interesting suggestions!
as soon as i will have some spare time i will try to do a revamp of my tracks/profile :slight_smile:

1 Like

@bosone: Great! (If you get stuck while revamping your portfolio at some point, don’t hesitate to hit me by private mail. I would be happy to share some feedback or maybe a few other ideas). :sunglasses:

1 Like

On topic: Pretty happy about my sales so far. I’m not breaking any record, but I oscillate around my average. Nicely surprising for a summer month.

2 Likes

Last month, I had a 50% increase (on average sales) and this month a 50% drop (on average sales) and as a result a 100% drop. :joy::joy::joy::joy::joy:

It’s a joke of course, but this month really is falling by 50% so far.

Still No single sale this week. :astonished:

Sorry Dirk:

Not a single sale from USA for 2 month. Strange

1 Like