AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Here’s a not-so-fun fact some of you may have noticed: The top seller on this week’s chart sold a whopping total of 51. Last year at this time, the top selling track sold 93, considerably less than non-Summer months, but still…51 ?!?

In other news, for those of you who also sell at that liquidy numerical place…I just received an email where they “volunteer” to collect performance royalties on our behalf. And oh yes by the way, buried somewhere in the email, they’re cutting the payout rate from 50% to 35%. Gee, thanks for mentioning it.

Our industry is in disarray, and we have the unlimited download subscription model to thank for it.

12 Likes

Nice to see some sales come in again. Absolutely not dead.

4 Likes

Ouch.

3 Likes

Just saw that email, and I usually don’t even open those kind of mails… Their behaviour is utterly ridiculous. It’s a shame, really…While things here are pretty much dead right now for me after some at least decent months, I’m selling multiple licenses each day over there. I am going to either increase prices substantially there, or I pull everything, not sure yet. They didn’t even send an updated agreement in a separate mail…

2 Likes

Here, thanks to ADP, a $39 sale nets me around $30. So now, to make $30 over there, I’d have to sell for $90+?!? Highly unlikely. So, probably going to pull everything.

4 Likes

Maybe they’ll introduce exclusivity, like they have for video authors now at 60%.

Very sad. A 30% reduction in income overnight is very brutal. I believe it’s partly because of several of their competitors have had an equally bad deal for many years but also the relentless unlimited devaluation have started to take its toll on their overall sales. Why wouldn’t it? AJ and that site has many overlapping customers.

I certainly can’t afford pulling my tracks out of there, so I think I will raise prices on some more unique tracks and wait it out a little before potentially raising prices of more generic better selling tracks to compensate some of the loss.

6 Likes

That’s 83% right? I didn’t even know it was possible to go over 70… Nice. :slight_smile:

1 Like

My second sale has arrived, and it was a Music Broadcast License (1 Million) for a track I uploaded 9 years ago. There is hope, yet!

16 Likes

No sales for a week. I didn’t have such disgusting earnings even when there were only 10 tracks in my portfolio. Now I have 200 tracks.

Some nonsense is happening. I think that the Audiojungle will not be the same anymore. And we will not see overwhelming take-offs, like the way it was with @AurusAudio and others.
Amazing times have passed.

6 Likes

At the moment the PoFi forum is a more interesting read than this topic. :rofl:

What’s it about RF markets giving the middle finger to their contributors this year?! Seems like a coordinated plan to kill our artistic inspiration.

4 Likes

No sales, so i only can share this picture i took this morning when i was helping my cousin harvesting grapes.

Good luck for the rest of the month, dudes.

20 Likes

This pic would definitely sell on PhotoDune!

1 Like

One full track sold for a whole week. I think I’ll soon go around the world, pick grapes too.

12 Likes
3 Likes

80% reduction of sales and I completely don’t know why. 225 tracks in portfolio.

2 Likes

I think the new layout design for browsing styles is a mess

2 Likes

5 days without sales. Accumulate a bunch of tracks (207) and sit without sales. Awful!
Everything is bad!

3 Likes

Only my irrelevant items are rare selling, which is quite natural, but my rest, more worthy have almost don’t. Something is wrong with search, ranking algorithms or something …

Maybe not all technical improvements in recent months have been successful?

10 Likes

When hard months come in terms of sales like August (I have only sold two songs), one starts to generate a lot of negative ideas about many unfair things that are happening and so I am not selling etc … etc. But deep down and after thinking carefully there are indicators like the ranking that I like a lot because it gives a lot of objectivity. In my case I can say that in a year and a half I have dropped 250 positions and this has nothing to do with Elements, copycats or anything like that … but rather with the lack of regularity of new music material.

That said, I go back to the studio to heat the speakers with new fresh and energetic corporate music

7 Likes