AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

All marketplaces are affected not just audiojungle.

4 Likes

Hopefully they’re offset by the people who don’t use it that much! And it’s apparent there are quite a few people who don’t use it at all based on the monthly bonus! FYI… I’ve downloaded just 15 items over a three month period.

1 Like

Yeah, this whole elements banner thing is getting pretty annoying… This will be my worst month in several years and I’m pretty sure it’s all about elements (some of my main clients told me they switched to elements)…

Is this the time to move away from this marketplace and go fulltime with pro trailer music labels instead? I had some succes with that before… Really considering it lately but I would hate to leave AJ since it was the platform that launched my music career… :thinking:

12 Likes

I went non exclusive in February and this month so far, 80% of my income is from other stock sites. Needless to say AJ has been weak, though I have had worse months on AJ. Point is my earnings are growing outside AJ every month, on AJ they are not.

If I got offered 100% commission on AJ + a featured file to go exclusive again I would not go back, simply because I think I still could earn more money outside AJ. AJ is not the dominant player as it once was, and I think that is more than anything the lack of renewal and evolvement in the site. Plus it does not make it more tempting seeing how exclusive authors are being treated, Elite or not.

Elements surely affects the market, but do not forget that the credit system was removed which also forces all customers to pay transaction fees. Nobody likes that kind of nonsense. Plus the credit system had the “best kind of customers”, the loyal ones that did repeated purchases. Those who Elements is aimed at.

Anyway, you music totally rocks and I am pretty sure you could grow your earnings by spreading your tracks, it has never been more opportunities to sell your music elsewhere.

Also worse commission can easily be compensated by raising your prices. I see very little difference in sales number depending on price, both in AJ and outside, and huge difference in revenue. Of course this depends on what genres you are selling and what use you are making music for. Advertisement and trailer music customers for sure can pay good.

14 Likes

Almost 100% of successful authors are exclusive. Just pay attention to the “Top Authors” section, there only sound sellers + a couple of authors are not exclusive. Authors are aware that the becoming non-exclusive will obviously limit their future growth here forever. So it’s time for Envato to make the announcement that the future does not exist, or completely eliminate the exclusivity.

Only 1 day this month had an average daily income (from what was in the recent past, before Elements and the banner links).

5 Likes

Indeed, exclusivity is no longer interesting to anyone.

2 Likes

I have always been an exclusive author here and would like to stay that way. However, things are really desperate here and I really don’t know if I should continue uploading here, or start over somewhere else. It’s horrible to watch how Envato keeps pushing Elements while constantly subverting the regular markets.

6 Likes

I honestly don’t get what game Envato is playing. I can’t see how they can make more money with Elements compared to the previous model. They are basically giving away a lot more music for a lot less money. In the long run quality authors will move on. It’s a pity that some elite authors are playing along. They should just reject it. Subscription is always bad for composers. Don’t do it.

8 Likes

Aaaaand a sales reversal on a Music Broadcast and Film license in an already slow month. Gotta love that.

3 Likes

You’re not alone. Mine says “refund” but I was not asked for it by the customer or anything, Envato just processed it as if it was a reversal. Back in the old days I would have wrote a support ticket or something but I abandoned that ship months ago. Lasciate ogni speranza.

refund

1 Like

LOL! I think most people would prefer an ‘exchange’ to a more expensive license than a reversal!

2 Likes

I am always suspicious of sales reversals as the “client” could be someone masquerading as a buyer when in fact your work could be stolen to be sold on without the watermark. Hard to check but I have had my work sold on by “authors” here and had to report them. Envito I find are a bit weak in their dealings with them when caught in my opinion.

1 Like

4 days without sales.

2 Likes

Wow… i think Elements is really starting to eat our revenue now.
Slow days, not enough traffic, new items are thrown into a pit of nothingness, low sales… and i see the Elements banners is much more agressive now. It’s placed everywhere and with a much more higher rate then before.

Next up is probably a pop-up message when a client is about to buy a non-elements track: “STOP! are you sure you want to waste your money on this item at this price? why not have a look at elements and get all the tracks you want for just 16 dollars!”

These last few days i had a few bigger licenses so im on average again. But i feel things are going downhill fast for a lot of authors now.

11 Likes

Same here. Sales going doing.
I´m really getting annoyed by this beautiful banner above my profile page.
Why don´t you show it only at the main page of AudioJungle ?

One day we all will be degraded to “Non-Elements Authors” instead of Exclusive or Elite Author.

I´m still deeply disappointed about the politics and agressive strategy of elements at the expense of faithful authors who made Envato one of the biggest player in the market and can´t participate in Elements.

6 Likes

To avoid this, it was not necessary to go there! Themselves (some authors) have destroyed themselves and all at the same time! Shouted on the forums before this: “we will not go there, we need lower price limits” and what? These people who shouted these slogans themselves made these problems for everyone and they were the first to go there! No need to harm themselves so that later not to complain about the banners!
While there are people here who are used to only destroying the values (business values), the market will always be in the pit at every opportunity! Once upon a time I said that in my city do with sellers (merchants) who spoil the common market (by playing with prices, artificial understating, etc.) for their own benefit (I will not repeat it), but here we are slaves, do not forget!:joy: We do as they tell us and obey if we are invited to the Elements at the earliest opportunity!

3 Likes

The thing I still struggle to understand is how diverting customers from the market place to Elements will be good for Envato’s overall bottom line either. I very much doubt that existing customers choosing to subscribe to Elements will end up paying more through subscriptions than they were previously spending on buying items, so that’s less income.

I can only assume that the reasoning is if they don’t shift existing customers onto Elements they will eventually lose them to rivals offering subscription services.

However you cut it the great majority of authors are going to lose out.

2 Likes

The only problem with this theory is that no other site is offering so many different kinds of digital assets for such an insanely low price. Envato could have made Elements exponentially more expensive and still would have had a competitive advantage over other sites (and would have avoided devaluing the entire market, as well).

5 Likes

If this is the case then I’m genuinely baffled by both Envato’s pricing and marketing strategy. I could understand a strategy that’s good for Envato but less good for authors (even if I personally might not like it!) but not one that seems bad for both…

One sale for 3 days. Bad, very bad…