AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

I fear the day I will have to drink virtual beers only, but cheers! :beers: :sweat_smile:

Problem is that I don’t have those 60+ hours to devote to AudioJungle. I could easily find an hour or two (or… more) in a week by reducing my reading time on the forum, though. :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

But I get your point. :slight_smile:

Yeah not many do and then there’s the mental health cons of working that much too… but I think it’s the only way to do music in general sustainability given the increasing saturation of the market, and when done properly it does work. I started trying to do it about 4 days ago paying a lot of attention to other stock websites too… I’ll let you know when I’ve gone mentally insane :sweat_smile:

@Netrabeat,
If by 60 hours a week you mean “record and upload as many items as you can”, I strongly disagree. This mentality only makes over-saturation worse. It’s not a soultion - it’s the main cause of problems here. :slight_smile:

I don’t believe authors who say they can record a few quality tracks every day. You will only burn out this way.

Nah I mean doing it “properly” meaning working on mastering your craft as much as you can as a priority, then also uploading very high quality items as frequently as possible (maybe twice a week?) to several different websites. Quality comes over quantity of course though! especially in the long run! :slight_smile:

That’s cool! :slight_smile:

Yeah, I’ve deffo learnt quality is the most important, but also that it needs to be a weekly thing. Plus to start off with that 60+ hours a week I’m aiming for is mainly just learning how to make new genres. I really wanna get better at making trailer music and want to provide hollywood standard music so I got my hands full enough just with that atm haha.

You’re on the right path, that’s great. My post was about authors who think their upload queue has to be always full at any cost.

You talk about something completely different, I like it. Good luck!

Yeah no worries, tbh to people that do that, a quick look at the top seller profiles should show how quality almost always massively outweighs quantity. And honestly my mentality at first was going in the direction of just getting as much music out there as possible… but for longevity, personal development and the markets sake, yeah it’s just a bad idea!

And thanks! :slight_smile:

Please Guys I can’t find this song please help

<3

The most disgusting week of all time for me.

I am prone to be a bit negative here but that statement is ridiculous. If people want to undersell their sfx and succumb to elements, let them do it. I value my hard work and do not undersell. I can’t afford to. This is happening with music, photography etc. Everyone racing to the bottom to sell at any cost.

Having said that still absolutely dead since the 7th. Utterly utterly diabolical

2 days without sales. Usually Friday was always a good day for me (4-5 sales per day). Now I have 0 sales on Fridays.

Definitely a dead month, despite the fact that sales are sometimes, but they are too few. :worried:

Thought I’d chime in on the Sound Effects front. Sales are remarkably low this month. They have not been this low since my first two months on Audiojungle when I had like 40 items.

A specific data point is important, the US sales are specifically low. Usually my US sales are about 30-40 percent of my earnings. Right now I’m looking at them being 13 percent. On top of that, my overall earnings are down about 30-40 percent from a usual month.

Elements may not be the only thing going on but based on the amount of data I can see from my 2 years here. I’d say it definitely appears to be a major factor.

This is the reality of business though, so no use in fighting it. I’m not going to advocate other markets specifically (as is against the rules). But I would advocate that anyone concerned about these changes start thinking about how you’ll make your way through. I recently read a book, “The 1-Page Marketing Plan” I think it is an excellent read for anyone in this community. If you do, get a look at page 151 paragraph 3 specifically :wink:

Anyways, hope someone around here is getting some sales. Best wishes to all!

Elements has been around a few weeks and my sales were pretty much normal up to the 7th of this month. I just think the capping band is getting tighter and tighter.

Being creative, original etc has no bearing on how you make money these days sadly. It’s about numbers and obersatuation of similars.

Hoping for a little boost :man_supervillain:

being original and creative in stock music probs doesn’t reward but it’ll help you as an individual and an artist to broaden what you could do in other areas of the industry, so I deffo think a good amount of effort should still be spent trying to push yourself to become better creatively.

I actually struggle with being creative tbh (probs my lack of understanding of theory lol) so it’s a big problem for me as I want to go into other areas of the industry too, so I’m trying not to just look at stock music as the be all and end all of my music career and fall into the trap of just laser focusing quantity over quality. Maybe it’s the best strat for stock music these days, but it sure as hell isn’t gunna help me develop properly as an artist.

Edit: to clarify so it doesn’t look like I’m contradicting myself, I personally think quality wins in the end even in stock still but for arguments sake, even if it didn’t it’ll help you in other areas still.

Thank you for your input. Reading about marketing is on my to-do list (something I always delay in time!). I take note of the book you suggested for future reference. :slight_smile:

About sales, I wrote some thoughts/light humor about the subject on the forum recently, but I might not be in the best position to theorize too much about statistics at the moment. Mainly, because I am inactive here since 4 months (no new uploads), plus I raised all my prices again this week. Right now, I sell a lesser number of items while making more money than by the past (I’m comfortable with that), but I can sense that the gradual slowdown I experiment (in number of items moving) is probably not only due to my decisions.

Elements & US sales (which also seems a bit lower on my side) probably have an effect. At least, to a certain degree.

I plan to continue to upload on a more regular basis (without excess) and maybe also test another pricing strategy in the coming months, so I guess I’ll see clearer in the second half of this year when things should start to stabilize a little more.

Good luck to you and to us all! :slight_smile:

Reading 1 book a month was my New Years resolution and I kicked it off with that suggestion from a friend. So glad I did. It’s a short read and by the time you’re done you can have a real marketing plan (at least the necessary frame work) in place.

My revenue has always been very consistent and I stopped uploading in June or July to observe what happened to the stability of my portfolio. Some items dropped off the map but my popular items have always been very predictable with sales.

I feel like I can pretty confidently say February has not been a typical month. Nor was January really but January has a track record of being slower.