AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

It’s monthly report, so they just got the earning report for November. They will get December report next month

2 Likes

Yep ^

1 Like

Thanks for sharing @AurusAudio! :slight_smile:

1 Like

There’s something extremely unsettling about the way sales have slowed down so suddenly and consistently across the marketplace. By most accounts, post-ADP 2018 was a very good period for many authors. 2019 came and poof - - - gone.

2 Likes

So far, the month is for me as a statistical average, better than December. Just a little less than 10 days left and I hope that I will come to the finish line with normal sales. Good luck to all! $$$

Dead weekend, not a single sale. January a little bit less in revenue line with 2018 YoY but far away from the amount of sales. Actually 32 in 2019 vs 99 total in 2018.

Thanks for sharing, and congrats! From your top seller perspective I see that you might not be thrilled at the moment but from any other average author´s perspective this is a serious income.

As far as I see you don´t have your top selling track there, so I think it´s limitations how much that track is suffering because of you being in Elements. I would be surprised if the average customer cares if you in particular are on Elements or not. Then again if you have many returning customers I guess that having to much of your portfolio on Elements is not the best idea.

I see the popular files have lower sales in general so I guess Elements have some effect, but could it also be that people are getting a bit tired of licensing the same old tracks? Or could it be that popular sales are spread more out on cheaper price dumped tracks? In general sales seems to be where the visibility is.

As Ben mentioned here: 2018 Envato Annual Public Impact Statement AudioJungle is the fastest growing marketplace. But what does it mean? Are sales spread out more now because of increased saturation with new authors? Or do Envato also talk about marketplace earnings which most likely would have increased after ADP? So many questions… I guess only Envato can say for sure.

So. There was another sale last week. Just in January two sales. Very sad month.

Utterly diabolical. Capper cappy cap cap.

1 Like

Comparing my earnings from January 2018 to January 2019 I earned 82% less in January 2019. What a disaster month. I know there is still one week and a half to go but i’m not expecting much more sales.
6 Days without sales

1 Like

That’s a great game btw!

Same situation here, worst month since September 2017 and with a quite larger portfolio. Not surprissing at all, though.

As we all know, Envato has been tenaciously and agressively driving traffic away from the markets to Elements in every possible way and a very notorious drop in sales is nothing but the expectable. With some of the invited authors having reported fairly good results so far, the natural consequence is a herd of authors applying to be part of the new model. Of course, the only way that this Gericault’s raft can float is by having a very reduced number of contributors on board, or else the income to share would be ridiculously lean, and the raft would sink.

I truly hope I’m wrong, but I think we, the non-invited, will have to get used to a seriously lower income in the near future. Sorry for the pessimism. Again, I hope these upcoming months prove me wrong.

7 Likes

Definitely, especially with Wayne June as narrator

My latest dropped item literally dropped down into a well of nothingness.
38 views in the very FIRST 48 hours… and it is about to go down from here on as well.

I have no clue what is going on, but things are not looking great at the moment and i am truely trying very hard to keep my head up and maintain a steady pace.
I know about uploading more and marketing, but why the hell should i upload a track so that me, my mom via facebook and me again will see the track and no one else?

I feel like i am just throwing my music into the deep, deep ocean here at the moment.

5 Likes

This is why I stopped uploading tracks here at the moment.
Like @WormwoodMusic said maybe we have to get used to much less income in the future on AJ. Hope you are wrong mate!

3 Likes

Never mind 38 - I had a track approved last Friday and so far it has had one view! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

The only thing that keeps me positive is that what we make is ΟUR OWN MUSIC and can be exploited in a variety of ways at any time… Don’t forget this and keep producing…! :slight_smile:
Best of luck to your new track!

9 Likes

I think you mean exposed not exploited :wink: Although both is a possibility with confusing license terms etc…!

Hopefully things will look brighter in February, so far January have been better than December for me, but nothing to celebrate at this moment.

1 Like

So do I. We’ll have to see how february unravels. :slight_smile:

1 Like