AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Are your sure? There are more than 470.000 tracks here… :wink:

1 Like

Yeah im pretty sure like most people are looking for custom music.

1 Like

Custom music for things like low budget promotional videos or quick TV snippets doesn’t really make sense imo so I doubt it. There’s just more competition both in terms of new artists and other websites by the looks.

4 Likes

If it really so i can only imagine how much artists here has a direct deals with a customers! Not about me so far, unfortunately, but it will someday, I hope. :slight_smile:

I have a theory for the drop in sales though. Could be wrong but just throwing it out there for feedback more than anything. I personally don’t think it has all that much to do with what AJ are really doing, but more to do with the fact that the global economy has just gone through a boom cycle and is most likely heading for a bust/recession. It’s a normal economic trend and I personally doubt online businesses are immune from it. Usually at the end of a boom cycle, industries become very over saturated causing a lot of the symptoms we’re seeing in stock music now. What that means if correct is it’s about to get a whole lot worse, clear a bunch of people out and reset the playing field. So if it does get worse, I guess try your best to keep uploading because if you survive you’ll be in a prime position for the next boom cycle!

Again, just a theory but it adds up… at least in my head :sweat_smile:

4 Likes

Conspirological idea :slight_smile: Why not? But I can sure you that you will find an authors (in the first 20-30 places of the top) who did not uploaded even a single track for two or more years, but they are happy without decline of sales :slight_smile:

Aaah kinda but more an economic analysis over a conspiracy idea since it’s a very normal trend in economics. But indeed the top 1% are doing just fine! They were in the right place at the right time and also had the talent to pull it off so grats to them! I’m more talking about everyone else who’s either new or hasn’t had a lucky break yet though.

3 Likes

BTW, I think the moment of “to be in the right place at the right time” was exactly in 2014. In 2014 AJ was different than now. I use AJ only from the end of 2017. But I really noticed that 2014 became a very lucky year for a many authors who in the top right now.

2 Likes

Yh agree. Whatever is the true cause of this drop in sales is, I hope it returns to normal soon! I finish uni in 7 months and really wanna have this making me at least a normal part time income by then… fingers crossed eh.

2 Likes

Good luck! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks! Good luck for your sales too! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thank you! :slight_smile:

1 Like

I will buy some of stuff soon still looking lmao

1 Like

The sales is still close to absent. Any way, i’m back to uploading again, and i think it should be normal" since next week. Around there. :slightly_smiling_face:

Absolutely weekend dead.

1 Like

That sounds pretty credible to me. I also believe it might be something like this. There’s also no going around the fact that at some point supply will exceed demand, and that point seems to be now.

2 Likes

Sales are few, but actual prices (normal prices) lead me to victory! Good luck to all!
P.S. I reconciled with my father and stepmother(today)! :slightly_smiling_face:

8 Likes

Absolutely weekend dead (2)

Waiting!

Today first 2019 sale. I hope a great year for everyone here. 2018 was a tough year as I experienced new uploads didn’t sold as use to sell years before. But we have to keep passion on music and keep working to improve quality and make this site great again

6 Likes