AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

You can compete with anyone. It’s not necessary to be better than them or to beat them.
But this mindset will carry you upwards.
Also there are lots of niche genres that they are unfamiliar or at least they don’t make music in those genres.

I would add one more concern about Elements. If you are an affiliate, keep in mind that markets and Elements are not connected. This means that if someone clicks on your link and comes to AudioJungle and decides to sign up for Elements instead, you will not get any money. This is a big problem, since Elements banners are all over the AudioJungle, and many customers click on them and sign up. So, basically you are bringing a new customer to the same company, but you don’t receive money in that case. They said this will be connected 6 months ago, but nothing is solved yet.

2 Likes

That was before. Now Envato takes $4 from every sale. The rest is split between them and the author. So with a $5 sale you’re getting 64% of the remaining $1.

1 Like

Have you submitted a help ticket on this?

I had a help ticket regarding Elements authors not crediting AJ authors some days ago, and I know they are in the very process of addressing this nowadays, so maybe its an idea to push forward your concern there as well.

Really?! Well, $5 for a track is definitely not my way)

1 Like

Yes, I exchanged a lot of emails with the support, and they said this will be solved, but I don’t see any progress even after 6 months.

It took a lot of time and energy to build promo channels for Envato, so this is not funny at all :slight_smile:

I see. You must drive quite some traffic to AJ from youtube channel so I think you deserve your piece of the cake! And new customers without AJ account are probably the most “easy targets” for Elements.

Yup, all that hard work and this is how they thank you for it.

Especially coming from Youtube, they are the prime target. Youtube has always been the most efficient affiliate source fro AJ… until now. Now they go straight to Elements, and you don’t get squat but Envato’s contempt.

3 Likes

It is extremely disrespectful. I think we now can start to understand Videohivers that are upset about the shopping cart ad as well. There should at the very minimum be a way to opt out from advertising around the item links which you bring fresh traffic into.

5 Likes

I’m not really saying that we should be trying to beat anyone, I was just mentioning that the quality on Elements is as good as the quality on AJ. Also, I think the smaller library is more user friendly than the bloatedness of Audio Jungle. It’s all shiny and new at the moment and it’s going to be hard to compete with.
Making sales by filling the niche gaps is kind of like picking up the scraps in my opinion.

@CleanMagicAudio Yeah I changed my design! I was working in my profile and logo and after a few days I decided for this version thank you for your opinion :+1:

1 Like
1 Like

I am also surprised how big and diverse the Elements library already is. The general quality is indeed very good and consistent. Much easier to navigate and browse/find music than AJ.

I do not understand why the library is not smaller with more direct link to the authors portfolios if you want to dive more down in their works. This would gain the authors marketplace portfolios also. It seems to me that some author sets the standard by adding monstrous 150 tracks from their portfolio and then other authors follow with a lot of tracks as well to have “equal chances” of revenue. Would not 500-1000 tracks be enough for a mega ultra cheap devaluing music service like this? Then the markets would be more attractive as a supplement and vice versa.

Now its just way to much diversity to even want to explore markets for many customers I would think. And my main concern is companies and freelancers who works for clients, those who actually have budgets. No annoying credits removal to think of, no annoying transaction fees and extra paperwork that many companies have shown deep concerns for. It seems very unhealthy to me.

3 Likes

One other factor for such drastic innovations from AJ in the last months is that they’re trying to survive in a competing market, where other equally popular sites (check Alexa stats) are offering hundreds of RF tracks completely free of charge. Desperate times, desperate measures.

I am glad that I sent you to improve your design! :wink:

It seems to me that Envato have forsaken the market place and are driving all their business towards Elements. The evidence:

• They killed the credits system, which in a way was more convenient for customers because of the lack of a monthly commitment.
  • They drive customer traffic only one way with their marketing, including an ad in the actual basket of the marketplace. (Snatching customers away at the very last minute is pretty low)
  • They are non-responsive at looking into issues and suggested improvements on AJ
  • They tried their best to get broadcast licences onto Elements, a plan that I believe they will eventually succeed at when they come to a compromise with the authors on the pricing tiers for that.

I used to think that the target customer for elements was Youtubers who have a need for lots of tracks, but have little budget. When I saw they wanted broadcaster ability on there it changed my thoughts about Elements only being for the small-fry.
It’s like Elements is is the new baby and is getting all of the love and attention from the parents, and wants nothing to do with it’s older, bigger sibling!

7 Likes

I was about to change the design yesterday or today
Btw sales are dead.

1 Like

Btw: I see only a blank Profile picture on your AJ Page - CleanMagicAudio - even after a refresh.

In work.

Does anyone has an information about income difference between regular AJ and Elements?
Interesting to know about difference…