AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

How are they invited?

Because if a lot more authors would join the revenue for all Elements authors would drop to the floor. Envato probably wants a small selection of authors, so at least the current Elements authors are somewhat happy with their income. Imagine how many authors need to share the revenue of the microscopic Elements price. In the future when there is more Elements customers they might be more open to add more authors I would guess.

I´m not anti subscription models, but that Envato did not take the opportunity to raise the price of the subscription when Audio was added, just shows how little they understand the value of music. The point system where sound effects are rated 1 point and music are rated 5 points clearly tells that. That means if a sound effect has value $1-$3 (which is common), music has the value of $5-$15.

So what can we all do to improve the situation? Well for starters take a look at your own portfolio, are you underpricing yourself? Are your 1million broadcast licenses really worth only $40? I would recommend everyone to look away from the recommended prices we have currently on AJ, because they are really not sane. Especially unhealthy in the broadcast sections. Rather research other sites what normal single track licensing is operating in.

Why is it important to have suitable and respectful prices? First of all, you will earn more money. Second you will influence other authors to dare to price their work respectfully. And last but not least, this altogether will send signals to Envato that our work (at least a significant big chunk of authors) are worth a lot more than what is currently reflected in Elements at the moment. Look at the popular files list, $29 are selling stable as ever. We could easily have more $39 and $49 tracks at the popular list also. A LOT of customers at AJ have budgets, that´s the good news. And those budgets won´t disappear over night.

You can´t win a price war against Elements so rather focus on stepping up your game in terms of quality. Maybe focus more on genre niches, try to implement a little touch of originality in your sound. Consider using real instruments if you can in your productions. Realise the game is slowly changing now, and that trying to copy clone best selling corporate tracks might not be sustainable…

On topic: Sales are normal for me.

9 Likes

yes, this is still nothing) here you pay 16.5 and you have no restrictions) this is already alarming) they created a competing market, and let them say that it will attract new customers, but most likely it will attract, because on other stocks it’s for subscribing to a month you need to give 100 or more dollars and at the same time you have limitations in the number of downloads, but obviously, in addition to attracting new customers, many of the old customers will also switch to elements, and this is in any case a fall in the market in which we are with you. Because a person comes to buy a track, enters a portfolio - sees a track for 29 and weighs a banner from above - " subscribe to Elements for a month and download as much as you want". Naturally, most of the clients will want to save, because there are excellent works of top authors presented there. Many simply don’t have to overpay for anything. They’re just banging their two markets with their foreheads, and one of them draws clearly more attractive to the client, isn’t it)

2 Likes

I was with a music library that was very lucrative, $$$$ Q statements. They turned it into a subscription site and sales dried up in a very short space of time with me now getting the lower end of $$.

As for sales here…Absolutely dead.

2 Likes

I agree with this analysis and think this is the balancing act we are seeing being played out: Envato trying to have enough content to attract and keep subscribers whilst keeping the number of authors low enough to ensure that they get enough of an income to prevent them from removing their items from Elements.

Quite a challenge I’d say with a monthly subscription price of $16 and the option of cancelling this any time you like!

5 Likes

Daily ON/OFF selling …makes a bit mad. Today OFF

Recent signs of a lifetime of sales, 20 hours ago. :neutral_face:

Sales wll show if AJ is more than just “uplifting corporate upbeat inspiring motiational” etc. But i think most customers are looking exactly for that and Elements covers it for 100%. Which makes regular AJ good enough only for occasional sales and niche music…but then again - niche is hardly a competitor to upbeat coproprate etc., AJ is known for in first place. Just my thoughts/

1 Like

come on, aj!
video%20(2)

8 Likes

@KakaduCreation Well, how do I get you in a new role? :slight_smile: Pink-purple :slight_smile: Does it attract sales or scare away? :joy:

1 Like

:joy:

@CleanMagicAudio I love orange! Purple loves my daughter. :grin:
But he is bright and noticeable!

1 Like

Offtopic @KakaduCreation: for $ 18 made 5 avas. I will order the cover tomorrow(I have not decided what is more profitable for sales), so I think in what color scheme, but I liked the pink-purple the most. :slight_smile:

I apologize for the logos(it’s offtopic)!

7 Likes

You can make it even bigger? I can’t see ))))

3 Likes

Ahahahaha :joy: Thank you @USLA!

1 Like

The last 2 have my vote. Nice new design :wink:

1 Like

Its interesting how a very serious discussion turns into fun fest in the blink of an eye…:sweat_smile:

1 Like

@PhreaSpirit We do not lose heart here, but believe in the best! :wink:

1 Like

Great new logo, @CleanMagicAudio! Loved it. I would go with Blue or Cyan all the way, but each one with its own, of course. Congrats!

1 Like

Yes, thanks, but I stopped at pink-purple! The color of loneliness!

2 Likes