AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

I’m starting to worry too, mate. The comments from the costumers at the credits removal thread are a nightmare.

2 Likes

Hard to live novice authors here! I started working with regular downloads from the end of September and here is the result of 5 sales in September and 6 sales in October. I don’t know if I want this …image

I got 4 sales, so your situation is pretty good compare to me. Don’t give up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds about right for the first couple of months. It can be a slow burner to begin with, but look at it this way; you’ll probably reach 10 sales this month, so that’s double September already. Build your portfolio and the sales will come!

2 Likes

Yesterday, I posted about a very slow day, but this morning is another story: 10 new sales appeared in my stats, so I’m happy about this. :sunglasses:

4 items paid with Credit Card

3 items paid with Paypal

3 items paid with Envato Credit

The numbers are in line with what I wrote in the Envato Credit thread: A good chunk of my buyers are using the credit system, so I’m a bit nervous to see what will be the outcome when their accounts reach zero, but on the other hand, customers bought 7 items with the added fees as if nothing happened, so it is reassuring to see them at the rendez-vous!

Maybe I panicked too early and buyers will gradually adapt to these new changes?

4 Likes

Is there any way to bulk check payment types? I just went back through my october/late september manually clicking on each statement but would be great to get an idea of Credits used over the past year. I checked the CSV but it doesn’t seem to have payment type listed?

Approximately 24 hours without sales. I can not say that this month makes me happy.

I don’t think there’s a way to bulk check payment types, but such a feature would be nice to have.

I would also like to know the percentage of Envato Credit payments for a whole year, but I feel close to develop a tendinitis now, so I abandoned the idea… :sweat_smile:

I went through my invoices manually just for September and found that 20% of them were paid for with Envato Credit.

Will we lose a whole 5th of our customers because of the change? Probably not, but certainly some of those production companies who’s business model and workflow depended on Envato Credit (for buying a lump sum and dividing it amongst their employees amongst other reasons) will be going elsewhere because they have been given no alternative.

And by the way, “an increase in basket size as it becomes more economical to purchase items together” is not a real alternative for these particular customers.

3 Likes

You might be right. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

After ADP, the removal of Envato Credit, the added transaction fees and Elements around the corner, my number one hope is that AudioJungle will return to a steady state for a few years in a row. So many changes in a single year! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I might be mistaken, but i have feeling, that Envato squeezing non-profit authors. Business is business.

72 Hours without a sale…
:unicorn:

1 Like

I think we will see more “sale waves” the next monthes were buyers collect favorite items first to buy >$75 in bulk without the fee.
From the sales payment mix it´s 75% credit card / paypal vs credits.

3 Likes

Just checked my balance, i’m only around 15% credit purchases for the past 30 days. Don’t really feel like doing the work to check further back. Losing the credits system definitely seems like a crappy thing in general though and the “transaction fees” and “buyers fees” really reak of some dated sleezy site from the late 90’s crap.

6 Likes

For the last month only a 15% of my sales were made by a customers via Envato Credits. 85% - via PayPal and credit cards. Well, probably I can expect 15% sales decline in the future. Not too much, not too scary, I guess…)

1 Like

What is goong on? 3 days without sales!!!

1 Like

What should I do to sale more?

1 Like

3 days… I would be happy with only 3 days without sales… This month is a total disaster for me :frowning:

You’re still doing much better than me! I have 22 items (13 full tracks and 9 logos) that I’ve been adding on since the beginning of September and I only have 7 sales :frowning: I’m yet to come across an account (including new ones) that have a ratio of items to sales as bad as mine. Tough times.

Encouraging words because I’m really feeling hopeless atm with my stats… will keep grinding away though… stock music still beats the hell out of a streaming income at least, even with my horrid start I’ve had :sweat_smile:

4 Likes