AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

Then why have the ad at all if it produces insignificant results? Again, it sounds like a an overt lie to shut authors up. It’s almost as if he’s saying that there is no “link” with many authors reporting declining market revenue by often 30% to 80% and the banner ad that guides customers into a disgustingly devalued offering. If only 1% of market customers are clicking on the banner ad, then revenue would only be declining by 1% for market authors. This is not the case.

Someone needs to ask James why they removed sales data for top selling authors?

2 Likes

Sadly I fully support this. Maybe the only way to get some respect and 2 way communication would be to give the Envato leadership their very own medicine. We can link to competition sites, change our avatars and item thumbnails to competition sites logos (not Elements though…thats cheating). No but seriously maybe we should do an author survey and see how big the interest is for a “synchronised virtual protest”. If they act as fast and precise for such a violation as when banning self purchasers and copy cats I think we are all safe to proceed :slight_smile:

And then we can say to them “No worries the traffic we redirect is just around 1%…”.

The number 1% is totally utterly useless without knowing the exact measurements and detailed stats behind it (which market? through affiliate authors? straight from the market? etc) The only thing we can be sure of is that we are being mislead by this number. And even if the number 1% conversion actually is correct for AJ, how many visitors do AJ have during a month? Is 1% of those an insignificant number when they are stolen into a one way black hole with no incentive to return?

Affiliate authors get $120 for a signing up a new customer to Elements for a year. Thats exactly the amount of money Envato are willing to pay (or steal from authors that are forced to advertise for free) for 1 new customer signing up.

We are not selling stock footage here which Elements is poor on, we are selling stock music which Elements is already overloaded with. The queue with over qualified AJ authors applying for Elements is probably as long as the Chinese wall, and probably controlled by those who are in direct competition with the authors applying.

What is really sad about all of this is how it puts authors up against Envato staff as the bad guys, how it puts non Elements authors up against Elements authors as the bad guys. So incredible unnecessary and unfair. There are so many employees in Envato that wants to do right by the authors and the community, I have absolutely no doubt about this. But obviously a few managers are very good at creating a super toxic environment here while pursuing their quest for fast food success with Elements.

11 Likes

Weekend = Absolutely

3 Likes

Still silence from Envato staff. Incredible, what is happening makes no sense pure nonese.

Sad to see this guys, very sad.

5 Likes

3 days without sales, as without water. I need a little rain of sales.

3 Likes

mid month

i’m on 11 sales for me it’s ok at this time

1 Like

Zero sales in July, so far. Can’t really say it’s unexpected. Last year I had a similar dry patch that lasted until the last days of July.

5 Likes

It’s sad indeed but I don’t think this is silence at all. Actually in the meet ups they expressly stated that the banners are there to stay, and the goal of migrating as many customers as possible to Elements is no secret. We can yell as much as we want here in the forums, they don’t give a sh#t, I’ll give you that. :slight_smile:

What is happening makes total sense though, we are watching a growing flux of incomes move from one place to another, from one group of authors to another, and we are on the losing side. Simple as that. For this whole trick to work its magic they have to keep an illusion (that sooner or later will fall I’m afraid) to the few selected affiliates that this is a good deal, hence, they have to keep the gates to new authors well shut and cannibalize our market and our ridiculous efforts to promote our works.

A shine of light: yesterday I sold a Broadcast & Film licence that, along with a few other lower tier extended licences, saved the month from a total train wreck. Keeping this kind of licences out of the Elements terms is a HUGE deal for us. We have no voice, that’s more than obvious, so it’s on you, affiliate colleagues, to stand up for this.

Good week everyone!

9 Likes

Half way point of the month. Total income currently down over 90% from my peak in May. My portfolio is getting above average views on the main competitor to AJ on a view count that would have made me easily over $50 by now in previous months, but this month I have made… $0.

Is it summer, am I just uploading the wrong styles, is it all these damn sub models, is it all 3? I really don’t know and give up trying to predict it… I’m just going to start uploading more, making what I enjoy and what I think might also sell and see where that goes. I have 10 months of savings left and I’m just going to put my feelings and discouragement aside and just try to be as productive as possible.

Also have huge discounts on my items, but I plan for this to be temporary, I know long term it doesn’t work but my account is basically dead atm anyway and the search engine needs changing so…

I see a few doing well still though and I offer a huge congrats to you guys. :slight_smile: Gives me a bit of hope knowing it isn’t completely dead everywhere.

3 Likes

4 days without sales. :rage: Obviously here there will never be stable and good sales, all sales are only for selected guests of the carnival, although we all work about the same. It’s terrible to think that this is true!

2 Likes

The entire month with almost no sales + the lack of US bayers.:grinning:

1 Like

Absolutely

3 Likes

Got the $1.75 sale, just 5 hours after my complaint. Therefore, I need only 500 messages for normal sales this month.

6 Likes

No sales on AJ at this time ! (Pretty obvious with my little number of track here). Asia market just save my average income this month (based on my own statistics) ! So for a Summer period, it’s not so bad to me, I can be happy with that right now ! As it’s just the middle of July, I guess I should have one or two sales minimum for the next two weeks! I hope one from Aj :slight_smile: + I guess summertime is a great time to try to work more on the mix and composition to step up to provide better music at the end of the summer ! . Good luck everyone !

6 Likes

Last week was great, now all stopped again.

2 Likes

That number, which was confirmed to be 0.7% on average, was how many referrals the affiliate links lost to Elements. Not how many regular users on AJ click on the banner.

Where did you get that number?

Anyway, July started incredibly well, and has since cooled down a bit, but still way above average and has almost caught up with June after only two weeks. And US buyers are #1, so no, they have not fled the planet.

What is true for someone is usually not THE TRUTH. Some master complainers (not you Mojo) here haven’t worked for over 6 months, so maybe that would be a good place to start. :wink:

3 Likes

Received my first sale of July, less than 24 hours after complaining about sales. Once again there is proof that complaining has some mysterious cosmic influence. Also, the sale went to the US, and last month all my sales (both of them) went to the US. So, no shortage of US sales over here.

6 Likes

Personally I think if you’re serious about production music then you shouldn’t put your eggs all in one basket.

At the end of the day there are three basic tiers of production music.

At the top you have trailer music which sells for silly money.

At the bottom you have RF sites like this one which sells for peanuts and in between you have regular library music.

The best thing, IMO, is to write for all three tiers of the industry and divide your time appropriately based on the license fees.

5 Likes

We are already halfway through the month and I have already sold three songs. It is quite miserable but I can say that July is not going to be the worst months of the year 2019

4 Likes

No sales for 4 days, now. What’s going on? :worried:

3 Likes