AudioJungle Sales Monitor 2

In any case, we must fight and try to detain every customer here(even the client who brings us $1 per year)! This is our money and money including Envato! We will not read the “Book of Condolence” if they decide something (as an alternative)! Let’s hope!

2 Likes

Also I respect your opinion too but I disagree.
Think about what would happen if authors didn’t raise their voices when Envato announces that audio will join Elements and it will include broadcast?
Because authors together raised their voices and showed how bad that could be Envato end up removing Broadcast license from Elements.

3 Likes

I am deeply saddened by this decision that it has had such a profound impact on authors and buyers. The way it was initially announced and that buyers are responding in the manner that they have been commenting on is unbelievable but the decision has been made.

1 Like

Maybe we will try to think carefully and change the decision of Envato? Our customers will help us I think! :wink:

2 Likes

Same here! I never had 2 days of no sales in the middle of the week. I guess customers are leaving because of cancelation of credit system…

4 Likes

It’s not too late to write! If you have an opinion!

3 Likes

This month is very bad with sales, 1 sale per day, instead of 3-4 usually. At such a time it becomes very sad, because the month before, I had 80-85 sales per month !!!

4 Likes

It’s shocking how abruptly sales dropped from 5/6 a day at the beginning of the month to barely none this last week. Is the credits annulment starting to show?

1 Like

Don’t know, brother! But October was never that slow… As a matter of fact, the first week of October and this one are just abysmal!
Never happened to me before and even though I’m a cup half full kinda guy, things are starting to worry me a bit!

2 Likes

I’m starting to worry too, mate. The comments from the costumers at the credits removal thread are a nightmare.

2 Likes

Hard to live novice authors here! I started working with regular downloads from the end of September and here is the result of 5 sales in September and 6 sales in October. I don’t know if I want this …image

I got 4 sales, so your situation is pretty good compare to me. Don’t give up :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sounds about right for the first couple of months. It can be a slow burner to begin with, but look at it this way; you’ll probably reach 10 sales this month, so that’s double September already. Build your portfolio and the sales will come!

2 Likes

Yesterday, I posted about a very slow day, but this morning is another story: 10 new sales appeared in my stats, so I’m happy about this. :sunglasses:

4 items paid with Credit Card

3 items paid with Paypal

3 items paid with Envato Credit

The numbers are in line with what I wrote in the Envato Credit thread: A good chunk of my buyers are using the credit system, so I’m a bit nervous to see what will be the outcome when their accounts reach zero, but on the other hand, customers bought 7 items with the added fees as if nothing happened, so it is reassuring to see them at the rendez-vous!

Maybe I panicked too early and buyers will gradually adapt to these new changes?

4 Likes

Is there any way to bulk check payment types? I just went back through my october/late september manually clicking on each statement but would be great to get an idea of Credits used over the past year. I checked the CSV but it doesn’t seem to have payment type listed?

Approximately 24 hours without sales. I can not say that this month makes me happy.

I don’t think there’s a way to bulk check payment types, but such a feature would be nice to have.

I would also like to know the percentage of Envato Credit payments for a whole year, but I feel close to develop a tendinitis now, so I abandoned the idea… :sweat_smile:

I went through my invoices manually just for September and found that 20% of them were paid for with Envato Credit.

Will we lose a whole 5th of our customers because of the change? Probably not, but certainly some of those production companies who’s business model and workflow depended on Envato Credit (for buying a lump sum and dividing it amongst their employees amongst other reasons) will be going elsewhere because they have been given no alternative.

And by the way, “an increase in basket size as it becomes more economical to purchase items together” is not a real alternative for these particular customers.

3 Likes

You might be right. Time will tell. :slight_smile:

After ADP, the removal of Envato Credit, the added transaction fees and Elements around the corner, my number one hope is that AudioJungle will return to a steady state for a few years in a row. So many changes in a single year! :sweat_smile:

1 Like

I might be mistaken, but i have feeling, that Envato squeezing non-profit authors. Business is business.