AudioJungle Rejection - Advice Needed

Hello everyone! I would appreciate some advice on the following. I recently got a rejection for this track (here’s a private link): https://soundcloud.com/rhapsodyenmauve/epic-edm-trap/s-I3Uv4
Any input or advice would be very helpful, as I do not have much experience mixing on this genre. My first guess would be the bass (and generally the low end) is not well mixed, but I am not sure. I am slightly confused as another similar track of mine was accepted.
Many thanks to whoever takes the time to check this, much appreciated :slight_smile:

1 Like

This is way too cool for Audio Jungle! I love it. That bass synth sounds awesome. With a bit of distortion in there, I’d be thinking it was in the realms of like a modern-sounding Nine Inch Nails track. It’s wonderfully sinister in places.
I’m sorry I don’t have any constructive criticism as to why AJ rejected it. I’m sure there are other authors more versed in the genre that could give you a few pointers. For me though, if I was cutting a video which needed a total kick up the arse, I’d totally use it.

1 Like

Awesome indeed! Love the atmosphere.

Don’t know if this is the reason they rejected it, but I think they may have a problem with the unstable off beat kicks. They also usually do not accept dissonances, like at 1:08.

Could be something else though… don’t know for sure.

1 Like

@criskcracker @PurpleFog wow guys, I definitely did not expect this, I am happy you liked it! Many thanks for taking the time to check it and respond, this is helpful :slight_smile:

@PurpleFog it would never cross my mind the off beat kick could bother them, but it’s good to know!

I guess I’ll re-work on it considering your suggestions and maybe use it for something else, if not for AJ.

1 Like

Agreed on the dissonant part. Otherwise this is indeed a great track, perhaps a bit moody and dark for AJ (whispers) but not for other places.

1 Like

Yep, definitely not a typical AJ track. Maybe too experimental for this marketplace. The quality of production is good, though.

Good luck with your next track! :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

@FiniteMusicForge @Soundset thanks for the feedback guys! I am still figuring this out, so your advice helps a lot on what to avoid and what to keep next time :wink:

Good luck to all!

1 Like