AudioJungle Music Licence Purchase: Flagged on YouTube

YouTube has flagged our videos for use of music we have purchased “LICENCE” to which through AudioJungle we have used within the “LICENCE” terms. Our teams have worked to give the Envato sites referrals outside of any affiliate or partnership program for years because we believe in promoting talented artists. Now YouTube warns us about the use of AudioJungle music on non-commercial motivational, positive videos we created. We’ve been bullied in YouTube in the past on other very successful YouTube channels. This is shocking. Envato/AudioJungle has the ability to stop this now.

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with YouTube.

Mihai_Sorohan said

Sorry to hear about your bad experience with YouTube.

Thank you Mihai - You’re the one of the best kept secrets on AudioJungle. It’s a shame your music is not the top feature each month since it’s excellent and so thoughtful. You’re one of few that can do so many styles, yet do all of them beautifully.

The issue is this: AudioJungle has had the benefit of referrals from us (and others). We have contributed to the exponential growth of the Envato and its places online. The organization is large enough, with enough influence to have the ability to stop this kind of bullying before it happens. Yes, there are a few ways to stop this in advance.

Because of these YouTube warnings, we are deeply concerned for all customers that have purchased any ‘licence’ on any Envato product that may be legally utilized in YouTube. We are concerned for all talented individuals posting their art within the Envato places due to the shocking news this morning. If the “Licence” on any AudioJungle music track is not honored, then it would be difficult to justify “Licence” purchase through AudioJungle/Envato.

There was a similar case some months ago. I believe that’s caused by youtube’s automatic comparing software because something is similar to something else (probably coincidentally). Hope you explain this fast!

Thank you for your very kind words.

I think the problem is easy fixable if the author or support would write to YouTube. Better to contact support about this. They are very very VERY slow and sometimes they tend to answer after the problem is no longer relevant, but there is no other alternative.

fxprosound said

There was a similar case some months ago. I believe that’s caused by youtube’s automatic comparing software because something is similar to something else (probably coincidentally). Hope you explain this fast!

Yes, the technology is amazing. So amazing that it accurately recognizes music and video elements. In this situation, they’ve sent warnings, specifically about the music.

With a market place of 1,994,358 items, it’s time for Envato to figure this out and create a non-bullying atmosphere.

If a song available for sale through forums it has partnership with, it would place this underneath the YouTube video:

Artist:

Buy " (name of track) " on: Google Play,
iTunes, AmazonMP3

Bullying on YouTube is a serious matter. The technology at YouTube is more advanced than most would imagine or believe. It’s as simple as Envato/AudioJungle taking the time to address the issue with YouTube while providing us, the purchasers of “Licence” with whatever is necessary to prevent this before YouTube flags our videos.

Until the existence of AudioJungle, we still paid directly for most of our music needs. This is the most convenient and sensible way to purchase “Licence” which also helps to promote talent.

Risking our YouTube reputation is not the way to increase your AudioJungle sales.

Mihai_Sorohan said

I think the problem is easy fixable if the author or support would write to YouTube. Better to contact support about this. They are very very VERY slow and sometimes they tend to answer after the problem is no longer relevant, but there is no other alternative.

Your welcome. Anyone looking for amazing work for scoring a movie should hear your work!

Support has already flagged my first post about this. Envato/AudioJungle is already aware of this. For us Mihai, writing to YouTube would likely not produce a solution. Envato/AudioJungle has the ability to quickly correct these issues with Google’s YouTube.

We are shocked that this has occurred since Envato/AudioJungle “Licence” purchases are utilized throughout YouTube. This would be like Toyota not considering that tires are driven on roads.

sambotta said

Support has already flagged my first post about this.

Well, that’s why I replied even if my input is not the most relevant. I do think that you have a problem to solve, not that you’re a “spam bot”.

Some time ago also my replies on this forum got same treatment and when I contacted support, they erased my posts and then told me “sorry, there is nothing we can do after a post is erased”… it turned out to be a wrong click, instead of “reply with quote” :smiley:
sambotta said

This would be like Toyota not considering that tires are driven on roads.

Mihai_Sorohan said
sambotta said

Support has already flagged my first post about this.

Well, that’s why I replied even if my input is not the most relevant. I do think that you have a problem to solve, not that you’re a “spam bot”.

Some time ago also my replies on this forum got same treatment and when I contacted support, they erased my posts and then told me “sorry, there is nothing we can do after a post is erased”… it turned out to be a wrong click, instead of “reply with quote” :smiley:
sambotta said

This would be like Toyota not considering that tires are driven on roads.

Thank you for saying that, you’re kind. We are deeply concerned because we care about seeing the continued positive growth of the Envato Marketplaces. We’ve enjoyed being able to refer licence (license if you’re a U S native) purchasers because the system is simple, beautiful and pricing is at a place that allows newbies the chance to have high-quality artistic content for use in productions that will often lead to great success.

We understand that technology used by Google’s YouTube recognizes when a ‘fingerprint’ of any content is used on multiple channels. These patterns can cause flags since it likely assumes that if music or video pieces are common they are likely copyrighted. Most music available for sale through Google Play, iTunes and Amazon is already known by Google’s YouTube.

I do not have the exact solution. This is not the expertise that most of my work time is dedicated to. I do, however, want to see Envato Marketplaces enjoy continued growth. Envato has the resources and clout to be able to meet with the leaders at Google’s YouTube to create a positive solution that protects creators and licensees.

I am sorry that there are similar problems, I hope that this is a mistake, a misunderstanding, I think if you wrote to support, they are interested in a quick solution to this problem … Good luck!

sambotta said
Mihai_Sorohan said

I contacted AudioJungle support hours ago. Automated response only. Until this has been completely resolved, purchases on each of the accounts are on hold.

We have already lost YouTube accounts with millions of views due to jealous bullies that utilized the automation in Google’s YouTube.

If the music talent has caused this warning, he should contact us directly. If the issue is not resolved, we will return to 100% buyout terms only with direct contracts with the talent.
At this time, the AudioJungle page has posted:

Marketplace Members

Total Marketplace Items

It would appear that, with almost two million Marketplace Members, that a team would be available to work on urgent issues that can affect most of the license purchasers and those that will license music or other creative work through the Envato Marketplace.

Sinar said

I am sorry that there are similar problems, I hope that this is a mistake, a misunderstanding, I think if you wrote to support, they are interested in a quick solution to this problem … Good luck!

Thank you Sinar. I contacted AudioJungle support hours ago. Automated response only. Until this has been completely resolved, purchases on each of the accounts are on hold.

We have already lost YouTube accounts with millions of views due to jealous bullies that utilized the automation in Google’s YouTube.

If the music talent has caused this warning, he should contact us directly. If the issue is not resolved, we will have no other choice except a return to 100% buyout terms - working through direct contracts with talent. In this way, copyright warnings would disappear. AudioJungle/Envato Marketplace should protect you and us from this type of bullying or automated flagging.

At this time, the AudioJungle page has posted:

Marketplace Members

Total Marketplace Items

It would appear that, with almost two million Marketplace Members, that a team would be available to work on urgent issues that can affect most of the license purchasers and those that will license music or other creative work through the Envato Marketplace.

Hello Sambotta,

I am sorry you are having this bad experience. I must agree with you that this is a pretty serious problem and that something needs to be done. There are many authors making sales to producers that place their productions on YouTube. It is for many of us, one of our main markets.

I bet and hope that Envato moves on this issue. They are a very sensible company.

I wish you luck.

• guitarjock

I’m sure this can be cleaned up fast. With the amount of sales that take place here everyday and our huge amount of youtube user clients, I’m sure we would hear about this more if it were a ongoing problem. This is the first time I have seen someone post something like this, seems to be something only with your channel and no one else.

guitarjock said

Hello Sambotta,

I am sorry you are having this bad experience. I must agree with you that this is a pretty serious problem and that something needs to be done. There are many authors making sales to producers that place their productions on YouTube. It is for many of us, one of our main markets.

I bet and hope that Envato moves on this issue. They are a very sensible company.

I wish you luck.

• guitarjock

GuitarJock, thank you and I agree. Envato is good.

YouTube is asking if I am using copyrighted music (which it believes I do not have the rights to use). This is music I purchased “Licence” for in AudioJungle.

I am using my time to try to help promote and protect the talents and creators that do and will utilize the valuable Envato system. I think it is a good Marketplace that inspires creativity and better content for the world.

Sophonic said

I’m sure this can be cleaned up fast. With the amount of sales that take place here everyday and our huge amount of youtube user clients, I’m sure we would hear about this more if it were a ongoing problem. This is the first time I have seen someone post something like this, seems to be something only with your channel and no one else.

Yes Envato is usually great. I like the way it inspires more creativity by offering one place for artists and creators.

Sambotta:

I’m so sorry you are having that kind of problems. I understand it is Envato’s will to help you to solve this issue, since you are a client. I totally agree with you that something needs to be done immediately since YouTube is a great spot where a lot of music and videos from Envato’s marketplaces are used.

YouTube is asking if I am using copyrighted music (which it believes I do not have the rights to use). This is music I purchased “Licence” for in AudioJungle.

Their question is legitimate - did you reply them, attaching the licence certificate file you’ve got when downloading the file from AudioJungle? Have you write any credits about the music in the description of the video, saying that the music is created by [author] and is available on [link to AudioJungle]?

Same here.

I made a “promo” clip for one of my AJ tracks. Uploaded this to my Youtube account and got quite a few hits.

Now after over a year, it got flagged by Youtube saying, i’m using material from “company XY” and therefore they will place some advertisement banners over my video to generate an income for “company XY”.

I wrote to YT without hearing back from them since months. Only solution for me will be to take down the video and upload it again, meaning i will loose all the hits for that videoclip.

It seems that after Google took over YouTube, it all became a mess. Vimeo or Dailymotion anyone?