Audiojungle... goodbye

Amen! Almost every track I’ve had rejected here has gone on to make sales on other market places… and there doesn’t seem to be any rhyme nor reason to the rejections…

On the contrary, most of my rejected tracks were also rejected on another site. With a few exceptions. :blush:

A lot of guys are asking why there are no detailed info on a rejected track from reviewers. But sometimes, you listen to those rejected tracks and almost right away you get the feeling it’s not good. It is hard to explain, but you just feel it. Melody seems fine, sound is okay…but something is not right. It doesn’t sound good enough. Now imagine how long would it take for a reviwer to explain that. “Make your melody more interesting/less cliche? There’s no depth in your track?”

Dont wanna sound like a smartass, i am still learnig myself. But if you come here (or any RF stock music market) you have to triple check that the track is of a highest quality & content as possible. Funny thing, it will not guarantee a sale. But thats another story)

7 Likes

I will never understand posts like this. AudioJungle is not the place to become a rockstar, this is business… The only thing that matters here is the functionality of music in the video projects. Video projects are mainly presentations and commercials and we all know what kind of music is used there. If you find it so hard to write “primitive mainstream” and “faceless crap”, why don’t you instead spend time doing albums and touring as a musician? :slight_smile:

Also, you don’t have to write corporate tracks at all to have sales here. There are plenty of great non-mainstream styles that work great and customers love it. Look at this author, he has an amazing original music and has become elite a couple of weeks ago: https://audiojungle.net/user/kicktracks

13 Likes

Lack of experience + entitlement.

1 Like

Yo mate i don’t even try corporate, it’s not mine. As any dance/happy/ukulele etcetera
I tried my main styles, breakbeats, a bit cinematics, idm

What confuses me, is that i clearly hear a lot music here, sounds worse than mine. With poor instruments, way too simple melodies, but they approved.

As any musician, i am egoistic, but im not try to smile no matter what. I realize my current level and angry about rejections. If you think im another arrogant talentless creep, you can visit any of my social page and take a hear. I’m not hide anything.

So yeah, rather than talking, ill better make something what i really want. I’ll tried, didn’t work, but i have right to opinion

1 Like

I don’t think that at all. I just see these kind of posts very often, and I always think about if I was so frustrated and if I hated doing music for AJ, I would rather spend my time doing my own stuff with a band. I actually enjoy working for Envato and even left my full time job because of that. Every time I do a new style I think of it like a challenge and I have a lot of fun in the process.
Anyway, I wish you success and good luck! :wink:

1 Like

I don’t know why, but this thread reminds me of this :smile:

I build my own luna park!
:laughing:

1 Like

yes worst feeling ever to find approved tracks which is less quality than yours :frowning: i got same feeling mate and i really dont know what to do ?? :frowning: :frowning:

well, if you consider this as a job, you have tooooo do what you gonna do )
or change the job

I missed my window to sneak in here, this days its way to hard to start from scratch
Especially if you have problems with discipline) or have a hard time modifying your music for consumers needs ) or you have an explosive temper and launch your PC into the window every time you got rejected )

Enough agree with what I just read above.
Now if your style of music is “special/particular” (I mean no corporate / ukulele musics) AJ (and his clones) are not the place for you (and for me).
And if it is to create tasteless music effortlessly because of the risks too often rejections, so much to compose differently and elsewhere.
I will focus on sites for gaming (unity, Unreal, etc …) where we can deposit (without waiting for review acceptance / rejection) his compositions that will end on independent games. More rewarding for me.
Because dial ukulele to finish on a Youtube video of a guy who teaches you to unclog your sink, not for me: D

But if it’s your thing, I respect you, go for it!

Anyway this market is now well saturated and the prices fall to the lowest.
and as the saying goes, “Too much … kill the …”

A day will come when the customers will get tired of what they are offered on musicstock sites and will turn to something else. Better to be on this “something else” from the beginning, to stand out, than to die with the pack when it happens.

For me today the musicstock is the titanic, it remains a little bit out of the water with an orchestra playing; But soon everything will be at the bottom of the water.

1 Like

I definitely share your ethic and aesthetic view, but I seriously doubt that this ship will sink anytime soon. I’ve been working with game developers and video producers for more than a decade and I’m quite sure that, in most low budget, indie circumstances, there’s no way a $400 60 seconds custom track can beat a 19 bucks back track to put way behind a VO for 2 weeks of broadcast or an advergame.

Needless to say, heartfelt, played-by-real-musicians-with-real-instruments, custom compositions will FORTUNATELY always be there too, so I personally tend to think both formats will co-exist in peace for long.

I personally enjoy a lot to swim in both waters, but I deeply respect anyone who might think and do different.

4 Likes

Agreed, even though I was a new player in RF market (still 3 years and counting). I saw people always said that this market is doomed, there are no future here, etc. But the fact is RF market still alive and it’s bigger than before. Surely there are a lot of competition, but every good market always competitive and we need to adapt to overcome it.

4 Likes

@WormwoodMusic @FASSounds
+1
In 2009 people said royalty free is doomed. Also, in 2012. Then in 2015., and now in 2018. They will say the same thing in 2030.
I think there is no reason for fear, and I don’t see any signs of RF markets going anywhere. Yes, it’s harder than before because of the larger competition, but Envato is geting much larger and new customers discover this place every day. The main thing that can happen is switch to subscription model (Elements). This will shake things up, but I think we will adapt and make it work.

5 Likes

Can’t deny that’s true. But where are those authors who were complaining now? Most of them are not around anymore. Had to find some other means to get by.

The RF market is still alive and kicking for sure. RF authors still end up in the ditch.

1 Like

This is what I thought at first… and then I started searching for non mainstream music… and I found plenty of them !! From ultra agressive metal to glitchy retro synthwave to high quality modern jazz…
And… they sell :slight_smile:

@frozenjazz : good info to know. thanks for this.

@FASSounds: “But the fact is RF market still alive and it’s bigger than before.”

In a sense yes. But if the elders, the pillars, those who made it possible to grow this site are gone, ask yourself the question.

As written above by I do not know who (sorry for this forgetting): as long as you sell well you will say that everything is fine and that it is a site at the top. But it is not eternal and one day you will be in the same case as those who complain (the latest for you I hope). Although that’s not what worries me the most. today many customers explain that even the low price paid on stockmusic sites is still too high, for a music that will only be used once on a video. They are turning more and more to sites offering the same thing as here, but free (or ultra competitive subscription). and sites like that they have more and more.

By dint of experiencing rejections here some users will go there since they are accepted more easily. this will develop the free / highly competitive market and the concept used here will no longer appeal.

So let’s hope that there is still more demand than supply and much more musician (market saturation) because the day another system will replace it (and it will happen as it is the case with the social networks of which the champions of the beginning are the has-been of today) all those for which all is well and who do not listen to the warnings will be deprived.

Speaking of free. when a site becomes too “known” it attracts the greed of unscrupulous people. Those who distribute your work for free, do you see what I mean?

We already know it for Canyon and others (the wordpress templates are easily available on the web for free
without paying here which despere - rightly their creators); But this is already the case for AJ. Your titles are found for some free … (I will not say where, sorry)

So sometimes better be hard reject! : D

Short. I will not spend months justifying my opinion. You will understand that I am against the preview system leading to a hard reject without any explanation, the rest of AJ suits me. We are no longer at school. I think that the customer is better able to judge the quality of our work by buying it (or not) than someone we do not know anything about arbitrarily and without explanation.

I had my ups and downs in this market so I would surely said that this market is very competitive, not doomed. But saturated and race to the bottom, I agreed with that.
Already found many super cheap even free websites for background music. Yet, there are websites that offer music with more expensive price than AJ and still going strong.

I love making music and really grateful that I can live from it. Most musician aren’t good businessman so I think the online RF Market is still a platform that help us so much.

1 Like

@MARCEL_studios you seem to have lots of opinions on stock music markets in general but I’m curious as to why you think it is ok to game the system and sell your stuff as exclusive here on AJ while you sell the exact same works on other market places?

@RobertReid:
why ask this question when you already have the answer? :wink: