Audiojungle authors, what is your main DAW?

FL Studio 9

Cubase 8 Pro.

SONAR PROFESSIONAL

I use a few different DAWS from time to time to test plugins, and I have to say, a lot of them have HORRIBLE UI DESIGN, especially the Apple DAWS. Of course, every DAW has its quirks.

Reaper has many useful plugins, but the workflow is not the best, IMO.

I’ve never really used Cubase, but the layout seems fairly comparable to Sonar. I really see no reason to switch DAWS once you learn the layout and shortcuts in one - they pretty much all do the same thing these days, the only real differences are the UI and what stock plugins it comes with, and whether or not you like choosing from lots of nice free VST plugins, scrounging for AU plugins, or crossing your fingers that someone has made an AAX or RTAS version…

1 Like

Ableton Live 9 Suite. :thumbsup: Very powerful and flexible…and stable now that we are well past 9.0.

2 Likes

Let me be the first… BITWIG!

2 Likes

With the recent time - Reaper

Using Logic pro X on hackintosh :grinning::grinning:

Cubase 8 here. Used other stuff like Pro Tools and Logic in other studios and in school but for me personally Cubase has always been my fav.

+1 for Cubase here.

Logic X and Ableton Live.
I always used Logic, since he was Emagic Logic 5.
In recent years I started using Ableton Live, which I find fantastic and I alternate between the two.

Logic Pro X…!! :notes::musical_keyboard:

Logic Pro X :slight_smile:

Cubase 8.5 here. I’ve worked with it since the Atari versions, so a lot to do with familiarity, but everything makes sense in Cubase, don’t feel a need to change, also I record a lot of audio, and love the audio editing capabilities in Cubase.

1 Like

Logic Pro X here. Have used it since its pc days and have never felt a need to change.

Cakewalk Sonar X3 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Cubase here, but I really like Bitwig and Live! :slight_smile:

Cubase 6 here. Been on Cubase since the Atari ST. Looking forward to upgrading to 8

Presonus Studio One 3

I haven’t used it but I had the impression FL was not really a “pro” software. What has your experience been?

What defines a “Pro”? If it helps to make your job done, who cares? :slight_smile: