Audio in grid transitions template

Hi!

I’m trying to add audio to a grids template in Premiere CC. It just doesnt seem to work. I tried to edit the subsequence in After Effects but I don’t have enough knowledge of AE to get that to work. Does anyone have a workaround?

Thanks in advance!

Jeroen

Hey Jeroen,

Adding audio to a grids template in Premiere Pro can sometimes be a bit tricky, but there are a few workarounds you can try:

1. Nesting: If you’re using a grid template that doesn’t directly support audio, try nesting the grid sequence inside another sequence in Premiere Pro. Then, you can add your audio to the outer sequence.
  2. Overlay Audio Track: Another option is to overlay an audio track on top of your grid template. Place the audio track on a higher video track than the grid template so that it plays over the visuals.
  3. Use After Effects: Since you mentioned trying to edit the subsequence in After Effects, you could explore this option further. Import your Premiere Pro sequence into After Effects, add the audio there, and then render out the final video.
  4. Manual Editing: If all else fails, you might need to manually edit the grid template to include audio. This could involve splitting the grid into individual clips and adding audio to each clip separately.

Remember to check the settings of your grid template to see if there are any specific instructions or options for adding audio. And if you’re still having trouble, don’t hesitate to reach out to the Premiere Pro or After Effects community for more specific guidance.

Hope one of these workarounds helps you get the audio added to your grid template! Let me know if you need further assistance.