As reflected in the sales is the fact that you chose P.R.O ?

:neutral_face:

1 Like

Klangwerkstatt - you are another good example why it does not make any sense to tag an authors library as ā€œPRO associatedā€ if itā€™s actually not. Especially for a portfolio containing only Sound FX.

As i said before: Itā€™s just plain fact that my music isnā€™t any different regarding PRO and Royalties as any other track from AJ authors NOT PRO labeled. So iā€™m loosing sales since PRO labeled for what exactly nowā€¦?

3 Likes

I really think that we should wait at least half a year to see any trends about how P.R.O. affiliation affects sales.

1 Like

I was answering the question asked by @WildLion_Production. I have well over 20 years in the business myself, so Iā€™m passing on what Iā€™ve learned and why Iā€™m in favor of PRO registration. Your personal situation is of no concern to me.

1 Like

Mhhhā€¦ Iā€™m starting to see:

There are no royalties payed for soundeffects. There is no such thing as a P.R.O. registered sound effect. (Only music is allowed).

So Envatoā€¦ When a buyer has un-ticked the P.R.O. affiliated box, soundeffects of P.R.O. affiliated accounts should still show up in the search.

Right?

2 Likes

Absolutely! However, in reality itā€™s like this:
I myself did a test and tried to find one of my sfx. Once with the ā€žInclude P.R.O. Musicā€œ - option on and once without.
I chose ā€œHorrible Halloween Nightmareā€ as an example. Not just because Halloween is close, but also because this sound reflects my mood about this PRO - issue.
(https://audiojungle.net/item/horrible-halloween-nightmare/18442186?s_rank=1). So, guess what happensā€¦:ā€žInlucde PRO Musicā€œ - checkbox on: The sound is listed. Checkbox off: Not listed anymore. And this, although it is a SFX, which can not be registered at the SUISA (PRO of Switzerland) as mentioned above.
This is quite unnecessary and hinders me (and others) as a seller. And it is unsettling the buyers, leaving them confused about the PRO regarding noises.
Please, folks from Envato, hear my pleading in the desert and make a distinction between SFX and music regarding PRO.
It should be possible to declare ā€žPRO yes or noā€œ individually for each article - not only once for the whole porfolio.

1 Like