Array Merge error

Just wondering if anyone has come across the following warning - "Warning: array_merge(): Argument #2 is not an array in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/load.php on line 63"
This came up after update to wordpress 4.8.1 and after reinstalling wordpress and deactivating all plugins it still remains so I’m wondering if it has something to do with the7 theme as this is the only thing I haven’t tried turning off. Anyone else see this or have any advice on what might be causing it?
Thanks

I’d say try turning on a default WordPress theme and see if that fixes the issue. If you does you can certainly contact the theme author to see if they’ve come across that error before.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi,

As @KingDog said this issue might be with the theme.

if you are getting this error even after deactivating all the plugin.

Just try with a default wp themes like (2017 / 2016) .

Thanks for the replies. I tried a basic wordpress theme instead and unfortunately the warning was still there.
Interestingly after turning on debug I am getting these notices which might be related -

Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/vars.php on line 100
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/vars.php on line 100
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/vars.php on line 106
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/vars.php on line 112
Notice: Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE in /home/seoptiks/staging/16/wp-includes/vars.php on line 112

Seems to be pointing to wordpress core files so I wonder if something in my installation has been corrupted?

Hey @SEOptiks!

These notices are a bit strange. You said it was working before?

If you’re getting Undefined index: SERVER_SOFTWARE you should get in touch with your web host, as this is a configuration issue with the webserver.

Hi @SEOptiks

You can solve this even without contacting the web hosting company.

See the last 2 replies on this thread: (go to page 2 of the thread, solves the exactly same error)

https://wordpress.org/support/topic/problems-getting-wordfence-to-work-with-my-site-on-siteground/

Thanks for the responses. I was able to resolve the issue by contacting the web host who told me that some files in wp-includes directory were corrupted somehow. They replaced the wp-includes directory for me and the notices and warning went away. Hopefully this helps someone else who comes across a similar issue.
@hevada I had a look at those replies and am also going to change those php.ini values also as a further safeguard against this. Thanks for the info.

2 Likes