Argenta Theme and WPBakery Page Builder

Hello,

My client has bought Argenta Theme where WPBakery Builder Plugin is within the theme. Currently, I am unable to activate the plugin and when I try to update the plugin, an error shows up - Download failed. cURL error 28: Connection timed out after 10000 milliseconds

The whole site is messed up and I am unable to activate the plugin again. I am adding the screenshots for further reference.

Please let me know how to solve this issue.

Best Regards,
Rik Vertrag

Hi @RikVt,

I’ll be happy to clear this for you.

Theme Bundled plugins do not have their own licenses (purchase code). This means they cannot be activated mean registered for updates. So you can safely ignore any plugin activation/registration messages.

All bundled plugins update responsibility is the theme’s author. Just always download the theme latest version to get latest update plugins and update bundled plugin manually.

If you really want to auto update features by one click then you have to purchase individual license for the plugin(s) and you have to registere/activated the license.
You can check this Help article:

Automatic updates and support directly from the plugin author is only for those who will purchase the plugin directly from the plugin author.

Thanks

Hi @mgscoder,

I have commented on my theme page in Envato Marketplace but it they have not replied about this. However, since my plugin got deactivated, can I reactivate it somehow?

Do I have to buy the theme again to get the latest update plugins?

Or do I have to buy the plugin and then manually remove the old plugin and after that install the new one?

Will it affect my website?

Best Regards,
Rik Vertrag

just active the bundle plugin from plugins page from your Dashboard. you don’t need to register or activate the plugin license. just need to active to work with this plugin.

If in elements author pulished any updated version then you can download it from elements free from your elements subscription.
otherwise you can go to envato market theme page and in theme comments page ask then about plugin latest version and take your descision will you purchase or not.

If you like to auto update features of the plugin for future update then better to purchase the plugin from the plugin author in codecanyon. or collect the upddated plugin from the theme bundle.

Thanks

Hello @mgscoder,

Thank you for the prompt reply. However, I am unable to activate the plugin as the plugin has only two options showing: Delete and Update. Even from the theme plugin page it doesn’t have the activate option.

I am adding a few screenshot to be more clear.

Best Regards,
Rik Vertrag

so, you can try to collect the updated version plugin (at least version 5.4.6) from any options I mentioned in my earlier reply and update the plugin using ftp or delete the plugin and install from plugins in Dashboard. Thanks

Hello @mgscoder,

Thank you for the solution. I will try this one out.

Best Regards,
Rik Vertrag

1 Like