I’ve always wanted to ask the questions stated below. Not every theme goes as expected therefore we (buyers/users) agree to pass on our site credentials to authors to sort out any possible bag. My worry has always been…
- what if the author installs a back door to the site for any future whatever…?
- how do we know that author hasn’t made that move?
- how can we be sure/certain that author won’t do anything like this after item is sold and checked from envato team?
- who guaranties us that it isn’t going to happen or it may not happen in the future?
- or the least if it happens how can we fix spot and fix the issue?
On one past experience with a theme (which i prefer to NOT make it public as i don’t have the facts) after 1 year the file size increased to 138Mb. A little absurd to have a theme file reaching that size. Anyway, i deleted that file and replaced it with another theme. This particular theme has a lot more items and graphics in size/total compared to the previous theme and now only one thought goes to my mind…what is going on?
My questions still stands…Who protects us from author even after purchasing the theme? Are we left alone just after the theme is sold? Should this be envato’s concern as well and stand by the buyer all thr way?
I know that envato checks the files before they’re published, but what if (which is possible) author installs a back door after the sale? Of course envato may say that it isn’t up to them. Then who protects us?
I checked on another project just now. I also gave this author access to this site so they can check and fix or malfunctioning process which i don’t understand. I noticed that the main file was modified early this morning. Surely i hadn’t done any changes for a while. This remains a concern and would like to know others thought reading this issue.