Are these plugins redundant?

Very new to WordPress in general, trying to get a better understanding of plugins to use with my Envato theme. It says these plugins are installed, looks like my hosting gave me some then I got the ones Envato recommended in my wpadmin page. Are any of these redundant and I should remove them? or does it not hurt anything having extra ones I don’t need? Thanks in advance for any help, and my apologies if this is a real dumb question. Here’s the plugins:

LayerSlider WP
Beaver Builder Booster
bbPress
Beaver Builder Plugin (Lite Version)
Contact Form 7
Contact Widgets
Fusion Builder
Fusion Core
Ninja Forms
Slider Revolution
The Events Calendar
WooCommerce
WP101 Video Tutorials

The Beaver Builder (plus the Booster) and Fusion Builder are both page builders. Since I think you’re using the Avada theme I would stick with their own included Fusion builder and disable the Beaver Builder plugins to ensure there are no compatibility issues.

Second - pick either the LayerSlider or Slider Revolution and deactivate one of them. These are both awesome, feature-rich animated slider plugins but you only need one. Choose whichever you’re comfortable with (maybe give each a test drive or watch a couple setup guides on YouTube).

Third, Ninja Forms and Contact Form 7 are not both needed. Again, pick the one you prefer and deactivate the other. I’m not personally familiar with the Contact Widgets plugin, but if it’s compatible with your preferred form plugin then feel free to keep it. But if you don’t plan on adding any contact forms or info to your sidebars/footers I would say it’s unnecessary.

Last up is WP101. If you you’re new to WordPress go ahead and watch the included tutorials - they’re super helpful. But once you’re done you can deactivate the plugin.

Hope that helps! But if you have any theme questions just ask the developer - I’m sure they’d be happy to help.

1 Like

Thanks for all the advice, it’s greatly appreciated.

And I assume if i’m not selling anything directly from the site, I don’t need that WooCommerce one, right?

Yes - I would say only keep WooCommerce, bbPress and the Events Calendar if you plan on using them :slight_smile: