Are there any themes close to the IGN layout?

I am(obviously) looking for a theme close to the IGN layout for a website idea of mine. The site will have the same needs as IGN, except I will not need the forums.

If anyone could point me in the right direction, I would appreciate it!

I’m about to release a HTML template with that kind of use in mind. The WordPress version will follow in a few weeks.

Hope that helps :wink:

Hey Cody,

I’m working on a gaming theme at the moment, should be ready soon :slight_smile:

Here’s a little sneak peek

Did I break one of the forum rules? :confused:

Anyways, I’m excited to see what you have EugeneO!

The only reason I asked if there was one for IGN is because I do not have the funds, or knowledge to run any other type of site. I honestly don’t know how anything besides WP works; for instance, I have no clue how IGN was actually made. Eventually I would like my site to be run how IGN is, and not through WP.

Looks good Sebrosen! Also excited to see how yours turns out!

I may end up hiring someone to make me a WP theme for the time being.

I don’t know which CMS IGN use but my instincts tell me it is custom built. You can see a small preview of the theme I mentioned on my profile page.

I was guessing it was custom built, I just don’t know how all of that works.

Can’t really see to much in the preview, but I have high hopes! :smiley:

And on a side note, does anyone know how much a custom site such as IGN would cost to make.

Would probably cost in the 50k-100k range.

conman said

SRS?!?

I was thinking it was only a few grand at most…

CodyD0529 said
conman said

SRS?!?

No dude. A simple website which might already use a platform (such as WP) can range up to 10k. Now think of a custom-built platform, upon which a custom-made website will be place on.

A good example is a french website which costed 4million bucks.

crozer said
CodyD0529 said
conman said

SRS?!?

No dude. A simple website which might already use a platform (such as WP) can range up to 10k. Now think of a custom-built platform, upon which a custom-made website will be place on.

A good example is a french website which costed 4million bucks.

Oh my lawd… hah

I get it now.

What are the advantages though of building a fully custom-built site/platform?

CodyD0529 said

Oh my lawd… hah

I get it now.

What are the advantages though of building a fully custom-built site/platform?

Well, there are plenty. Imagine you could talk to the head-developers of Mercedes and make them create the car of your dreams. That would pretty much rock, wouldn’t it? You are literally creating something that precisely fits your needs, taste and requirements. You are not settling for something that, even though it does offer excellency (e.g. WordPress), it is not entirely suited for you.

I hope that sums it all up.

Regards (and don’t loose your hope, you can always start with something smaller instead of aiming at the big guns already :wink: )

Chris