Are there any other horror people here?

Hi everyone, I’m brand new to AudioJungle. I do primarily game audio sound effects with a heavy emphasis on horror. Are there any other horror people around? I’d love to discuss our work and support each other and I’m looking for my niche in the community.

3 Likes

I’m not that much of a horror person really, but I did submit a horror intro/logo as one of my first uploads.

Definitely out of my comfort zone but I had some samples and sounds that I wanted to try out, that seemed to fit well with the horror genre (mainly, some reversed bells, waterphone, and distorted/granularized sounds of children playing). Turned out really creepy, haha. It’s still in the queue now so we’ll see if it gets accepted or not!

1 Like

I hope it does get approved! I’d love to give it a listen. Horror is my favorite personally and I create tons of horror game sound effects.

If you want to know about horror you should check out Jamie Blanks - Award winning Horror Film Director and Music Composer. https://audiojungle.net/user/jblanks

3 Likes

I actually had no idea he was on audiojungle. I love his work so thank you for the suggestion. I definitely dwell more in the sound effect and ambiance side of horror but I love to see good horror music and the level of complexity that goes into those sorts of tracks always amazes me.

I do horror but it doesn’t seem to sell well on here. I have done horror sound design and music for some films and documentaries though outside of here.

I have found that Horror as a genre does well on this platform.

Possibly, might just be me. When I upload horror tracks they seem to get around 10 page views in the first month and nothing after that and usually get 0 sales.

1 Like

That’s really a shame, I just checked out your page and you have some really phenomenal work in the horror genre. I hope you find more success soon.

1 Like

I’m a huge fan of horror - games, movies, you name it. I’ve only released one horror-style identity here on AudioJungle, though. I tend to focus on synthwave and/or chill music. The one horror identity I made has sold 2 licenses, so… not nothing, but it wasn’t a big hit. Might be worth experimenting more in 2021 since I love the stuff so much. :thinking:

2 Likes

Hi @Audio_Dread !

Personally, I love horror music, I write my own, but I want to show you what I saw here the best in this genre!

Yes, there are more, but I like them the most! :arrow_down:

If you are as interested in this genre as I am, then you can find a huge number of paid libraries (as well as some free ones). The most important inspiration in this genre!

P.S. I love the “atonal piano” in this genre (it perfectly emphasizes the atmosphere of “horror”)! :blush:
Good luck and inspiration! :blush:

4 Likes

Hello, I’m fearly new to the platform and haven’t posted a huge number of tracks but for now my sales revolves around sad and scary music, i think there’s a place for horror music in this marketplace. If you want to check it out I’ve composed a nightmarish soundtrack for a Diablo like fan made game, it was a great experience.

One horror library i’d advise would be Stringache, awesome collection of string effects.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for all of the great suggestions. I’m happy to see that there is a community for horror here. I hope that I can find my place here as more of my horror game sound effects get approved.

1 Like

Thanks. Outside of Audiojungle my horror tracks have done well with high-end libraries, they just don’t seem to get noticed on here. Maybe I am not presenting them or tagging them well enough, I’m not sure.

1 Like

Horror / Scary / Halloween is a great niche on Audio Jungle. There are some great libraries out there and a really good developer such as “Silence and Other Sounds” have an amazing array of products at cheap prices. I would definitely suggest creating very general horror backgrounds rather than creating esoteric tracks and the more atmospheric the better. I would imagine horror SFX sell as well (I do not do these but maybe I should). I met a great collaborator and good friend Jamie (as mentioned above) and his scores to his films are great. For his Directorial Feature Film debut he had the master - Christopher Young score his movie “Urban Legend”. The boy did good.

3 Likes

My specialty and absolute favorite type of sound to design happens to be atmospheric horror ambiance so that bodes very well for me here. I don’t design music but general horror ambiance definitely falls in between music and SFX oftentimes. Of the 8 sounds I’ve submitted so far 6 have been ambiance and three of those were very general. The other three are hell/creature related. The only one that’s been reviewed so far was a demon creature noise but I’m really excited to see how the rest of them do.

Hi

This is my contribution:

Let me know what you think!
Marco

That movie was great, Young is amazing.

That made me chortle :slight_smile:

@Audio_Dread I love a good horror score. I really liked the work of Antonio Cora in The Blair Witch Project. I wasn’t too keen on the film, but I thought the soundtrack was really interesting. Particularly the use of digital audio clipping. That sound would strike fear into the heart of any music producer I’ll bet!

I was involved in a really fun short film last year, working with a group of talented student composers and sound designers.

@criskcracker Hello, English is not my native language, what’s wrong/funny with " fearly new " ?