Aqua Resizer - Resize WordPress images on the fly

There is now a plugin version of this by Frank Bueltge - https://github.com/bueltge/WP-Image-Resizer

Have been implimenting this into our framework; great work Syamil and thanks for the fast updates :slight_smile:

yep, it’s awesome!

Wow, this is great, and it reportedly works on Multisite.

Can’t wait to implement this. Timthumb has given me nothing but headaches (from support). Thanks so much for this script! :smiley:

Used it in our newest theme and replaced some old TimThumbs(which was incredible easy to do… even for me :wink: ) in older works and must say we are more than thankful for this piece of code!

This earned and will earn us a lot of time we would have spent on support otherwise!

Thanks SyamilMJ!

Great to hear that! :wink:

Do you know if this script works with various plugins that import or convert images into featured images. The reason I ask is, we have had some reports that when a user imports or uses a plugin to convert the first post image into a featured image, the images do not show.

When converting back to the native WordPress the_post_thumbnail() function it seems to work.

If you can reproduce the error feel free to post the details on Aqua Resizer’s Github issue page. Thanks

Please please please do not email me directly to get help on the script, we have the Github issue page for that - https://github.com/sy4mil/Aqua-Resizer/issues

It would be very selfish to expect that I’d give you personal help on a question that’d otherwise benefit other people as well.

Cheers

Small fix for WPML compatibility. Now we’re in version 1.1.4

Hello.
I’m using the Aqua Resizing script.

Do you have an idea how to realize a Responsive Design with it?
img { max-width: 100%; } alone doesn’t work because the set image width/height (I’m new to responsive design).

Updated to v1.1.5 - now handles WP_Error on image resize

@lovelessdesign - take a look at some of themes on here that uses Aqua Resizer

SyamilMJ said

Updated to v1.1.5 - now handles WP_Error on image resize

@lovelessdesign - take a look at some of themes on here that uses Aqua Resizer

Hi, how could we found these themes that use Aqua Resizer? Going to try it by the way.

Put this in Google search - site:themeforest.net responsive aqua resizer

A few authors who were kind enough to credit Aqua Resizer in the theme description will pop up there.

freshface said

Hi!

I developed a similar script into my new framework, so I just wanna ask and compare :slight_smile:

1.) can you set the storing directory ?

2.) can you set image expiration time ( caching )

3.) does it automatically tests the permissions ?

4.) how the script behave when the image is actually smaller than wanted dimensions ?

5.) if its stored automatically into upload directory, what happen when I resize 2 images with same name but different location. For example:

img1: /template/nyc.jpg

img2: /images/nyc.jpg

does it have hashing function which can different these 2 images ?

could you share some kind of technical problems which you were experiencing ?

thx and cheers, freshface

Can you also share your script with us? :nerdy:

What are the differences between the Aqua Resizer and this script: http://austinmatzko.com/wordpress-plugins/filosofo-custom-image-sizes/

Can anyone tell which is better?

I am using timthumb because it can also resize images that are not from the media uploader but external websites.

Good script anyway! Thanks for sharing.

Great script, it almost works perfectly! The only thing I can’t get to work is zoom-crop for images that are smaller. How can I achieve this?

For example: I have an image that is 280x250 that need to be zoom-cropped proportionally to 300x250.

muratje said

What are the differences between the Aqua Resizer and this script: http://austinmatzko.com/wordpress-plugins/filosofo-custom-image-sizes/

Can anyone tell which is better?

That plugin requires you to define attachment id. In some cases this requires you to query the database with a custom function to retrieve the attachment id from a given full URL e.g. when using custom fields etc.

Not saying mine is better, but it’s easier because all you need is the URL.

markroot said

Great script, it almost works perfectly! The only thing I can’t get to work is zoom-crop for images that are smaller. How can I achieve this?

For example: I have an image that is 280x250 that need to be zoom-cropped proportionally to 300x250.

That’s not possible I’m afraid since WP’s native image_resize() function does not support this.