Apple San Francisco Font

Hey, I wondering if it’s possible to use Apple San Francisco font in AE projects?

1 Like

Nope. Not even a little bit. Unless your commercial project is a apple app.

A. Limited License. Subject to the terms of this License, you may use the Apple Font solely for purposes of design and development of applications for the Apple Watch. The foregoing right includes the right to show the Apple Font in screen shots, images or mock-ups of an Apple Watch application.

You may use this Apple Font only for the purposes described in this License and only if you are a Registered Apple Developer who is part of an iOS Developer Program team, or as otherwise expressly permitted by Apple in writing.

B. Other Use Restrictions. The grants set forth in this License do not permit you to, and you agree not to, install, use or run the Apple Font on any non-Apple-branded hardware or to enable others to do so. Notwithstanding the foregoing, you may use the Apple Font in depictions, digital and/or print, of the Apple Watch, but only for purposes of designing or developing applications for the Apple Watch.

Except as otherwise expressly permitted by the terms of this License or as otherwise licensed by Apple: (i) only one user may use the Apple Font at a time, and (ii) you may not make the Apple Font available over a network where it could be run or used by multiple computers at the same time. You may not rent, lease, lend, trade, transfer, sell, sublicense or otherwise redistribute the Apple Font in any unauthorized way.

Thanks for the answer!

As I understood even if I create an App Promo with iPhone Mock-ups - I still can’t use it?

If it’s not inside an Apple device, then I guess the answer is no. Is it native for iOS, Mac, watchOS? Then the answer is nope! :slight_smile:

Either that or try and see what a DMCA from Apple feels like … and I doubt that’s a great idea! :smile:

So, Helvetica Neue - is my escape =)

Not sure about that either, you know, you can Google the term YOUR_FONT_NAME + License :stuck_out_tongue: much easier :smiley:

I don’t want go back to Roboto xD

Ok, thanks for advices! :wink:

I know you don’t, we all love fonts, but licenses are licenses, and the guys who make awesome fonts usually have awesome lawyers, haha! Cheers! :slight_smile: