API key

I have an account in ThemeForest and I want to generate an API key for WordPress theme, but I haven’t found “API KEY” link under my account -> settings. Is there a different kind of account type?

You can generate Envato API personal token here . Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account

Before you create a new token the following 3 permissions should be selected from the list of permission available on the Token page.

1. View and search Envato sites (checked by default)
  2. Download the user’s purchased items
  3. List purchases the user has made

Hope this will help you.

Thanks

API keys from the Market sites are the old, deprecated way of managing API keys. You should now be following @msgcoder’s advice and using https://build.envato.com. While there shouldn’t be themes/plugins that still use the old keys, please reach out to the author’s support channels if they are as they are using no longer available functionality and will need to update it.

1 Like

Hello Jacob,

When I try to generate token for Avada theme which I bought on Themeforest I get this message in red letters:

The scopes failed to load: The API returned an error (403 - )

I have previous tokens also, which I think I should be able to see here, but now it is nothing.
I am more of a designer than developer, so I do know what to do! … I checked some pages
and instructions with no luck.

I would kindly ask you for an advice what to do.

Thank you in advance!

My email: (removed)

Response codes

• 403 means the personal token is incorrect or does not have the required permission(s).

Register Your Purchase (Avada theme) Via Token Key:

Hello,

Thank you very much for your answer, but I took all the steps and when i click “generate personal token”
it does not open “create token page”, instead I get the message in red square: The scopes failed to load: The API returned an error (403 - )

I went trough this process with many other pages where Avada theme is installed and never had any problems? …

I have Avada bought on Themeforest and I am logged into the account …

Do you think I could be some issues on the hosting provider side? … some server settings or security measures?, because
this is on our customers providers servers, not like previous pages with Avada theme, which are on our providers servers.

Thank you in advance!

Best regards,

Edi

please clear browser cache and cookies and try again. Also you can try with another browser. and try to create token directly here: https://build.envato.com/create-token
Please make sure you set required Token permissions. It may prompt you to sign into your Envato account.

Wow - That worked!!! - Thank you very much for help!!! … I did it from Firefox instead of Chrome and directly from the link you provided.

If you are ever in Slovenia when p(L)andemic is over, I would be glad to buy you lunch or a drink at least! :slight_smile:

Thanks again! :+1:

2 Likes